Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving test

Options
  • 22-12-2014 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭

I'm hoping to do my driving test in the new year and was making small talk about it with a friend-of-a-friend at a party, he asked me if I was going to ask for a female instructor because I was a feminazi type and afraid of getting sexually assaulted :eek:

I was completely taken aback. I suppose this is a two pronged question, would you ask for a specific tester, in any situation? And have you ever encountered someone with such insane beliefs about feminism?

Personally, the only time I've ever asked for a female was at an american airport and that was because my experience with the male TSA had not been great up to that point and I found him quite creepy and leery.

I have also encountered both men and women with these type of opinions but nobody has ever been that upfront so early into a conversation!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

Lau2976 wrote: »
    I'm hoping to do my driving test in the new year and was making small talk about it with a friend-of-a-friend at a party, he asked me if I was going to ask for a female instructor because I was a feminazi type and afraid of getting sexually assaulted :eek:

I was completely taken aback. I suppose this is a two pronged question, would you ask for a specific tester, in any situation? And have you ever encountered someone with such insane beliefs about feminism?

Personally, the only time I've ever asked for a female was at an american airport and that was because my experience with the male TSA had not been great up to that point and I found him quite creepy and leery.

I have also encountered both men and women with these type of opinions but nobody has ever been that upfront so early into a conversation!
    I think your 'friend' was possibly baiting you.

I would object to a leery person whether they be female or male. I have encountered women that I just did not like the vibe of. I can't explain why. But I think for something like test if you have a choice it's best to deal with individuals that you feel comfortable around.

I would not request a specific gender. I would not deal with someone I did not feel comfortable with of any gender though. I have had male and female teachers for other things.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,138 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Some people prefer a female teacher, not to avoid sexual assault, but perhaps they feel (not necessarily correctly) that they might be more patient, less 'boyish' in their attitude to driving and cars.

Oh wait, do you mean asking for a female tester?
    I don't think you can request a particular gender of tester, or for a particular tester.

Advertisement