Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

CAGE CONTENDER XIII : BELFAST : 28 APRIL 2012

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

I'm just not so convinced on this one, had he lost outside of Ireland I don't think I would have the same point of view. But he lost in Dublin and I think that could have a pretty negative effect on sales.

Again not so sure, one of the risks being if Davis wins the opponent looses face because another local guy has recently beaten him.

Lots of different scenarios here was just dropping into the mix. From a promoters point of view the loss in Dublin makes him less of a draw thus worth less.
    I think you're giving the average irish punter too much credit that they follow the scene that well.

Different sports.

For your third point I'd have to go with my first point again

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

If Marcus chooses to keep competing, I couldn't see him having any problems putting bums on seats over here. Cage warriors were getting a lot of interest when Jens pulver was potentially fighting and Jens has been getting beat left and right over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Not sure why he fought at middleweight does he not want to cut anymore? The guy he was fighting was way taller than him, if he does fight mma again he should stick to welterweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

SevereMMA wrote: »
    Just check my Cage Contender XIII main card recording on my Sky+ and it was Interrupted, missed the whole thing basically

Any idea if they will be showing a repeat anytime soon John?

Tonight @ 23:00 on Setanta 1

Tonight @ 00:30 on Setanta Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

I'm just not so convinced on this one, had he lost outside of Ireland I don't think I would have the same point of view. But he lost in Dublin and I think that could have a pretty negative effect on sales.

If he was totally outclassed i'd tend to agree with you, been ko'd can happen to anyone so i think fans could accept that, plus he had not done a striking match in many years so would be better at MMA at this stage.

Get on it John!!!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Tonight @ 23:00 on Setanta 1

Tonight @ 00:30 on Setanta Ireland

Great, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭monkey8

with the benefit of hindsight what do ye think about the earlier debate of whether the santos loughran fight was a mismatch?

I have to say Jorge did slightly better than I thought he would but he did look way out of his depth.

was a good night of fights overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

monkey8 wrote: »
    with the benefit of hindsight what do ye think about the earlier debate of whether the santos loughran fight was a mismatch?

I have to say Jorge did slightly better than I thought he would but he did look way out of his depth.

i think the promoter was correct, the amount of people on here pre-fight giving out was funny compared to the amt post fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭monkey8

i think the promoter was correct, the amount of people on here pre-fight giving out was funny compared to the amt post fight.

i think that was more out of respect for the promoter than anything.
    I didn't want to come straight back on after the fight the next day doing an "i told you so" especially after such a good and successful event.
    I'm just curious as to whether hindsight has actually changed anybodies mind or if everyone is still of the same opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭roro1neil0

cowzerp wrote: »
    If he was totally outclassed i'd tend to agree with you, been ko'd can happen to anyone so i think fans could accept that, plus he had not done a striking match in many years so would be better at MMA at this stage.

Get on it John!!!

completely agree with cowzerp

marcus davis had no business in a K1 fight with Ireland's best Muay Thai fighter. If you could get the money up for it, i'm sure you'd sell out a fight between davis and ireland's best at either WW or MW.

He is past his best but in a MMA fight I still think he beats everyone in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Stephen_King

If Marcus chooses to keep competing, I couldn't see him having any problems putting bums on seats over here. Cage warriors were getting a lot of interest when Jens pulver was potentially fighting and Jens has been getting beat left and right over the last few years.

True enough-the video has gone kind of viral though, quite a few people that follow MMA would have seen it by now, whereas Pulvers losses have gone pretty much unnoticed.

Advertisement