Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fairly Legal [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

celebrity-pictures-richard-dean-anderson-macgyver-it.jpg

Just cos...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I always thought he brought allot of humour to his role in SG1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.com/2010/08/usas-facing-kate-premiere-plus-burn-psych-dates.html

This debuts in January
    FACING KATE centers on Kate Reed (Shahi), a top litigator frustrated with the endless bureaucracy and daily injustices she witnesses, who turns on the system to become the ultimate anti-lawyer: a mediator. Using her knowledge of the law, along with her savvy, intuition and a whatever-it-takes approach to resolving conflict, Kate finds the middle ground for a wide variety of adversaries -- from Fortune 500 corporations to bitter divorces. After the death of her father, she finds herself at odds with the new boss, her stepmother Lauren Reed (Virginia Williams)...and in bed with her soon-to-be ex-husband, Justin Patrick (Michael Trucco), a top gun in the DA’s office. Helping her keep all of this chaos at bay is her trusted, geek-chic assistant Leonardo (Baron Vaughn). FACING KATE was created and is written and executive produced by Michael Sardo. Steve Stark also serves as executive producer and the series comes from Universal Cable Productions.

Ethan Embry is also on board he will play Kate's gay brother Spencer who will appear in five of the first twelve episodes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

More lawyers......... Great.
    What we really need is more medical dramas.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

He's not one of my faves, as an actor...but a bit of "star power" never hurts:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a231747/richard-dean-anderson-for-facing-kate.html

WOAH I'll not hear a bad word said about Gen. Jack O'Neill!:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Wow!...cracking set of conkers!!....might tune in just for them :)

Starts tonight on USA Network

• Advertisement

I'll give it a look, only USA show i love is White Collar, Covert Affairs is too fluffy and Nikita covers that genre for me. But from next Monday everything is back to normal....my tv schedule is JAMMED!, bloody hell....WAY too much to watch.

I watched the pilot - 90 min, but really 63 min minus adverts. Sarah Shahi is very likable as Kate, but i kept expecting her to be more zany or quirky....it's like she was reinging it in. But tbh the premise is rather boring, a mediator at her dads legal firm.

It's just another generic legal drama, the writing was average at best, the acting was very average boardering on meh. It's not glossy or slick enough to really stand out. But it was the pilot and i fully expect USA will make a fair few changes from the pilot.

This is a show that screams network interference, pacing was a little slow for me, i think it would have worked better as a 60 min (43 minute) pilot tbh.

I don't think i'll watch another despite Shahi's great looks and huge boobs.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/01/21/fairly-legal-season-premiere/

Coming to Universal Channel in UK next month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,533 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I said it on another thread, but this is one of my favourite mid-season shows. Its feather light, but not afraid of emotional punches when the storyline requires it. Shahi is really great, and the supporting characters (especially Lauren and Leonardo) are well written and three dimensional.

Episode 10 was the finale? Damn....

Took a pretty dark turn in the end - the last episode was definitely not light.
    It'll be an interesting start to the 2nd series (if there is one).

4m viewers on USA is really good (White Collar does less than that), so I'm optimistic.

Honestly i DON'T see the appeal??...i watched ep. 8/9 and it had nothing of note or of interest for me, nothing about it makes me want to see it each week. I checked out those two just to see if it improved from the first two eps. - it didn't.

The numbers have been fairly stable, on the low end for USA but i think it might be enough for a second season, but i think it's the weakest of all USA shows. WC has higher demo numbers though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Is it any good? I might check it out.

Ah yeah its very watchable and pretty enjoyable. It won't worry the Emmy committee though. :)

Fairly Legal, the hit US legal drama, will receive its UK premiere on Universal Channel this spring; Sunday 10th April at 8pm to be precise.

Season 2 seem a lock now, with the main stars appearing at the USA upfronts on May 2nd: http://www.adweek.com/news/television/habeas-gorgeous-usa-re-ups-shahi-show-130814

• Advertisement

Pretty harsh when your show creator is kicked off the show to make "creative changes"

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/fairly-legal-creator-michael-sardo-steps-down-peter-ocko-tapped-as-showrunner/

Watched the 10 episodes over the past 2 days and while its trash, its trash of the most entertaining kind. The concept may not be the most original but it works great, especially the manner in which they work the overall story into the weekly procedural aspect. The characters are well rounded and believable, the relationship between Kate and Justin is really well handled and even the supporting characters are given something to work with. It's bright and breezy but doesn't hold back with delivering emotional moments, parts of the show feel almost as if they belong in a show such as Damages.

With so much TV striving to be adult and taking adult as to mean copious amounts of blood, sex and language , Fairly Legal manages to be adult but at the same time perfectly acceptable family fare. It's kinda nice to see an adult show that you don't need to turn off should a younger brother or sister walk into the room.

Sure to bring a smile to fans of the supporting characters.

Pretty harsh when your show creator is kicked off the show to make "creative changes"

http://www.deadline.com/2011/05/fairly-legal-creator-michael-sardo-steps-down-peter-ocko-tapped-as-showrunner/

As I understood it the decision is somewhat liked to the fact that the show-runner has is involved in a number of other shows and the Network wants to ensure that season 2 builds on the strengths evident through the first. There is a lot of room for improvement in the show and if a new show-runner can make every show as good as the last episode then I say bring him on.

Starts on RTE 2 tonight at 2am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Starts on RTE 2 tonight at 2am

They're such a joke. I know they most likely got this in a package deal but it's still probably better than the RTE produced stuff like Fancy Vittles or Mattie jesus.

Season 2 kicks off tonight on USA, be interesting to see how it performs on a Friday, normally a death slot for netowrk shows but USA has had sucess in the past with shows airing on a Friday, so i'll be looking at the number closely over the coming weeks.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Fairly-Legal-Season2-1044945.aspx

• Advertisement

Watched the S2 premiere this morning, twas OK....like a fresh pilot, rebooted in some respects, Kate's boat blew up....hmmm, gas leak or was someone trying to kill her?, Justin is a dick....as usual, lots of BSG actors on this show....i counted three!

Ratings, it's kinda bizarre....it did an amazing 3.5 million viewers on a Friday, BUT....the demo was low...0.7, what that means is the people who did watch skewed old, ergo outside of the advertiser target demo/the money.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/03/19/friday-cable-ratings-ncaa-basketball-on-tnt-wins-the-night-bering-sea-gold-in-plain-sight-and-more/125004/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

The 12am repeat did well also, so Live+ SD was 5 million, sounds good right?....not really if your viewers are over 50.

I didn't get a reboot vibe off it at all. It just seemed like more of the same (which is a good thing in my book).

like a fresh pilot, rebooted in some respects

It really was nothing like a fresh pilot or even a reboot. The second season of Harry's Law was far more of a reboot though personally I would classify it as a retooling more than anything else. Episode 2 of Season 2 of Fairly Legal was more of the same, it had the same fell as every episode of season 1 and while the end of season 1 promised to change things up this episode started with a big fat reset button pretty much negating the events of the season one finale.

Out of curiosity, who do you think the show is aimed at? The ratings were phenomenal and while it skewered older than advertisers may have liked Fairly Legal is not a show made for the 17-25 audience. It's a show thats values and traditions seem aimed at older audiences and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's a show that pretty much the entire family can watch, it's unoffensive, easy to watch, enjoyable trash that never tries to be adult simply for the sake of it. There is no needless sex scenes, no violence for the sake of it which is something that you can't see about very many other shows on atm. Far too many people mistake risqué sex and violence for adult entertainment.

^ well considering USA only greenlit season 2 on the basis of Sarah Sashi....a total sex kitten (if you see her Twitter chatter + her deleted pics) then i'd say this renewal was for horny USA execs.

It was moved to Friday, it didn't perform well in this day/timeslot last season. On paper the Friday numbers look amazing but USA is more concerned by demo and advertiser then say other basic cable nets.

Much like ABC Family, USA is as close to network as you can get. I never suggested it was aimed at the teen crowd, but i doubt USA want over 50's watching either. you gotta pull in that 25-49 add money!

As for the reboot....i said i kinda felt rebooted, not that it was literally.

I missed this and haven't caught up on it yet... looks like it is worth it though!

^ well considering USA only greenlit season 2 on the basis of Sarah Sashi....a total sex kitten (if you see her Twitter chatter + her deleted pics) then i'd say this renewal was for horny USA execs.

It was moved to Friday, it didn't perform well in this day/timeslot last season. On paper the Friday numbers look amazing but USA is more concerned by demo and advertiser then say other basic cable nets.

Much like ABC Family, USA is as close to network as you can get. I never suggested it was aimed at the teen crowd, but i doubt USA want over 50's watching either. you gotta pull in that 25-49 add money!

As for the reboot....i said i kinda felt rebooted, not that it was literally.

I assumed that they renewed it down to the fact that it did pretty damn well all of last season and while it may not have seen record breaking ratings they were consistent.

I love this concept that you have to go for the youth market and that if a show skewers older (50+) then advertisers will run for the hills. If anything USA should be working this to their advantage and attracting advertisers who want to market to that age group.

• Advertisement

I assumed that they renewed it down to the fact that it did pretty damn well all of last season and while it may not have seen record breaking ratings they were consistent.

I love this concept that you have to go for the youth market and that if a show skewers older (50+) then advertisers will run for the hills. If anything USA should be working this to their advantage and attracting advertisers who want to market to that age group.

If you take Harrys Law, which pulls over 8 million an episode but only pulls a 1.0 demo, you're right.....but that the advertiser/Nielsen system:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/03/12/harrys-law-star-producer-dont-like-the-way-the-tv-business-works-nor-do-they-like-being-reminded-of-it/124101/

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/09/kathy-bates-harrys-law/

I'm addicted! Excellent show. Anyone that has been putting this off or was uninterested should give it a go - really indicative of the recent USA stuff. Light but very enjoyable.

I'm addicted! Excellent show. Anyone that has been putting this off or was uninterested should give it a go - really indicative of the recent USA stuff. Light but very enjoyable.

It's part of the surprisingly popular quirky lawyer genre. Last year alone we had Suits, Fairly Legal, Fraklin and Bash, Harry's Law and the very enjoyable but cancelled The Defenders.

The only thing that's annoying me a bit is that they are making absolutely no effort (other than the setting stock shots) to disguise the fact that it's filmed in Vancouver and not San Francisco where it's set. :D

The only thing that's annoying me a bit is that they are making absolutely no effort (other than the setting stock shots) to disguise the fact that it's filmed in Vancouver and not San Francisco where it's set. :D

Considering the quality of the green screen work it's perhaps acceptable that they really don't put much effort into passing the city off as San Francisco.

• Advertisement

Ep. 2x03 dropped...watch it later, until then...have a read: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/30/fairly-legal-sarah-shahi-season-2/

Catching up on the past 2 episodes atm and it remains good trashy fun. It pales in comparison to the far superior Harry's Law but for something to watch with a bit of dinner it's a great time killer. Happy to see the underrated Timothy V. Murphy popping up as the boat captain in episode 3, less than a week after I convinced him to star in my short film. So I can now stick, from the star of Fairly Legal on my promotional material. :)

Yep, still a fairly strong "fluff" show akin to Jane By Design. Typical of these shows shot in Vancouver BC we get the Battlestar Galactica reunions every now and then too! :P

Why is it that when ever someone is on their phone or on facebook and the screen is clearly visiable the onscreen action does not correspond with the sound FXs or action supposed to be occurring. Kate is constantly phoning people yet he iphone screen is clearly shown to be on the home menu screen. Likewise when she had her whole facebook is whatever speech and the camera shows that her ipad is on the home screen. I know it's a small complaint but it is rather annoying.

After a few rather mundane and uninteresting episodes the latest one was a winner. Nothing exactly extraordinary or original but far more interesting than many recent episodes. What I can never understand is why people think Justin is a dick. He's repeately singled out on various forum boards for being unlikeable and mean but from what I've seen he's the only character who is actually nice. Next episode is scheduled to air on June 1st and is the season finale, going to be interesting to see how things play out.

After a few rather mundane and uninteresting episodes the latest one was a winner. Nothing exactly extraordinary or original but far more interesting than many recent episodes. What I can never understand is why people think Justin is a dick. He's repeately singled out on various forum boards for being unlikeable and mean but from what I've seen he's the only character who is actually nice. Next episode is scheduled to air on June 1st and is the season finale, going to be interesting to see how things play out.
    IIRC it is a 13 episode order so the finale is 15th June. Has it been cancelled or are we expecting a 3rd season? I've heard nothing about it!

Season 2 finale is out, who did Kate choose?....and will it get a third season??

Season 2 finale is out, who did Kate choose?....and will it get a third season??
    Haven't watched it yet myself, but it should get a third season... perhaps with more happening. It's very MOTW at the moment and I would like to see a bit more being done, but it's light entertainment - I'm not sure exactly what more they can do.

Just finished the finale there.

Meh.

They hyped up the last 10 seconds like it was going to be a massive twist/revelation, but it was rubbish.

I think I preferred season 1. This love triangle stuff is boring (although I'm probably not in the show's demographic).

I agree, total let down. I enjoyed the 2nd season in some ways more than the first, but the love triangle thing is quite annoying and is far from resolved IMO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement