Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just watched it myself. It was very good - TG4 used to be great at doing documentaries, it's a shame they don't put as much focus on the documentaries as they used to.

That was filmed 10 years ago, so hopefully they do a new special commemorating Diarmuid's life soon with people telling stories about him, because I've heard some great ones myself through mutual friends and acquaintances over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 siochain705

We lost a good man and a good actor.

Thank you for passing along the info on the little documentary. It was lovely and I posted a link to share with friends on FB.

I wonder what will happen on RnR now?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,971 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

The new series returns on September 1st. The promo shows Jason identifying a body.

The question is this; whose body?

The new series returns on September 1st. The promo shows Jason identifying a body.

Lee maybe? That'd be an interesting way to explain where she disappeared to.

It's definitely not
    Tadhg - I'm confident he survives the fiery coffin, I'd put money on it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Seamus? :( They probably had to rewrite the episode when Diarmuid died, Seamus was shown in the bar during the whole coffin-in-flames thing. Unless they filmed some of the first episodes along with the cliffhanger...

Lee would make sense too though, it's always bothered me that no-one reported her missing or thought to go looking for her. It's totally out of character for a lot of them not to care when someone quite clearly struggling with depression just disappears.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭John Joe Jones

Its going to be a major anticlimax, No soap does anticlimax better than ros na run

Its going to be a major anticlimax, No soap does anticlimax better than ros na run

Seamus and the currach springs to mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭BandMember

Probably do what they usually do - build up to an end of season "cliff hanger", then resolve it in the first five minutes of the opening episode of the new season before forgetting all about it, along with all the previous seasons storylines, before moving on to whatever they have lined up for the new season....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Back tonight!!! So excited!!

I bet Eoin goes back and rescues Tadhg, and the body that Jason is identifying is Lee's.

Back already?? Where the hell did the summer go??

• Advertisement

I knew it!!!

Good opener. Even though I had guessed it, I've known for certain since June that Tadhg wasn't going to die, so it was never much of a cliffhanger for me - I probably would've preferred not knowing.

It was great to see Séamus appear, although it was sad at the same time as it will be one of his final appearances (think he might also show up on Thursday, but that will probably be his last episode) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Muireann wolfsbane the yank

Good opener. Even though I had guessed it, I've known for certain since June that Tadhg wasn't going to die, so it was never much of a cliffhanger for me - I probably would've preferred not knowing.

It was great to see Séamus appear, although it was sad at the same time as it will be one of his final appearances (think he might also show up on Thursday, but that will probably be his last episode) :(

I know I nearly cried....:( Otherwise a great opener. As for the body Emer perhaps? She was driving away pretty fast and pretty upset and drunk.
    Or perhaps Seamus?

I tried to watch the documentary but either TG4 was being temperamental or my internet service was. So I'll try again tomorrow morning.

I know I nearly cried....:( Otherwise a great opener. As for the body Emer perhaps? She was driving away pretty fast and pretty upset and drunk.
    Or perhaps Seamus?

I tried to watch the documentary but either TG4 was being temperamental or my internet service was. So I'll try again tomorrow morning.

It could be Emer, I hadn't thought of her. My bet's still on Lee though!
    I doubt it's Seamus, I imagine they will handle his death a lot more sensitively than that.

I really think it's gonna be Eimear now after the teaser on Tues. Was so sad to see Seamus appear :( I hope they do him justice in the exit story.

Also, how bad were those CGI flames? :pac:

I know for a 100% fact who it is but I'm saying nothing!! :D

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    It could be Emer, I hadn't thought of her. My bet's still on Lee though!
    I doubt it's Seamus, I imagine they will handle his death a lot more sensitively than that.

Maybe Lee or Emer =Poor Eion. I do not think that they are a sweet couple ;)

More than likely Seamus passing will be a beautiful episode be sure to bring the tissues.

By the way I finally got to watch that documentary on Duirmuind beautiful documentary for a beautiful life.

It looks like it's Gráinne!! Ros na Run really knows how to do suspence!!

It looks like it's Gráinne!! Ros na Run really knows how to do suspence!!

Went back and looked at the scenes at Jason's house again and she is wearing a black cardigan and has red nails so it must be her!! I didn't see that coming at all!! Gráinne has been in it a long time, I am surprised to see her leaving.

Wow. A of wild guessing going on here........and some of it is based on the strangest evidence ever! Not to mention being completely wrong, of course.... :pac:

• Advertisement

BandMember wrote: »
    Wow. A of wild guessing going on here........and some of it is based on the strangest evidence ever! Not to mention being completely wrong, of course.... :pac:

I'm wrong?? Ah who is it?? PM me? I don't wanna wait until Tue!! :P

I'm wrong?? Ah who is it?? PM me? I don't wanna wait until Tue!! :P

PM sent. ;)

Just don't say it here! :cool:

Not a chance it's Gráinne. Far too obvious.

Great episode though. Lot's going on. Apparently next week's episodes were also recorded back in March, so we could see Diarmuid make another appearance as Séamus before he passed away.

Ah my earlier post looks stupid now. I can't post spoiler tags on my phone, but I'm pretty sure I know now. Hope this is a re-start of the old style of RnaR writing when we were always kept guessing with multiple twists in everything...

There was a clue dropped on Tuesday as to who it could be. One thing we can be sure of is that it isn't Seamus!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 siochain705

It's definitely not Seamus! But I wonder when we will find out how they handle that character. It was sweet to see him in the first episode.

I went back and watched, Gráinne does have red nails, but they are really short.

I wonder if it's Lee. Who else could it be? If it was Lee then she was probably coming back to her son's birthday. Perhaps the actress (Róisín Ní Chualáin) has other projects and this ends her character on RnR?

Whoever it is, it is someone that Eoin knows, and I thought I saw an upcoming attraction at one point that had Jason identifying someone in a morgue. Those two bits may or may not be related, though.

Good cliffhanger!

It's definitely not Seamus! But I wonder when we will find out how they handle that character. It was sweet to see him in the first episode.

I went back and watched, Gráinne does have red nails, but they are really short.

I wonder if it's Lee. Who else could it be? If it was Lee then she was probably coming back to her son's birthday. Perhaps the actress (Róisín Ní Chualáin) has other projects and this ends her character on RnR?

Whoever it is, it is someone that Eoin knows, and I thought I saw an upcoming attraction at one point that had Jason identifying someone in a morgue. Those two bits may or may not be related, though.

Good cliffhanger!

Well it's not Eimear.

Edit: Just had a thought, what if it is Amy!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

Yes, I thought at first it would be Eimear but I guess that was too obvious. I thought I knew who it would be now but Muireann just brought up another possibility! Excellent writing on this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Well it's not Eimear.

I was thinking the same thing but does Eoin know Amy???

Lee - coming back for the baby does make some sense....maybe it is her?

The new TG4 player looks well. It wasn't working for a couple of days so I stayed well clear of this thread :P

• Advertisement

Well it's not Eimear.

I doubt it's Amy. Eoin wouldn't know her really.

Advertisement