Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC lodge papers to go into administration

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    but certainly the level of reaction has surprised me and certainly both Strathclyde Police and Tayside Police have taken the threat seriously and been of good assistance to me.

What threat is he referring to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Thanks jelle - again, just look at the interviewers line of questioning.
    Drysdale clearly states he hasnt recieved any threats - yet the interviewer asks him time, and time again about "Those threats".

it's a ****ing disgrace.

Fuhrer wrote: »

The threat, that there might actually be a chance of...threats.

This is what it's came to since last night's "suspicious packages".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Eirebear wrote: »
    Today's heightened tensions have come from their mishandling and their jumping the gun on the tiniest bit of information.
    Not Rangers and not McCoist.

So you don't think Ally's just been a tad to blame for all the hoo ha about the panel members?

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Lonesome Boatman

I haven't been keeping up with the fine details of the story but from what I have heard I would think McCoist was right to demand transparency, was there any good reason why the 3 panels members should have been kept private apart from them running the risk of getting a few nasty emails?

Also did the Rangers defense team make any criticism of choice of the 3 man panel prior to the judgement being announced?

sfa rules we decided on earlier in the season

• Advertisement

Madam wrote: »
    So you don't think Ally's just been a tad to blame for all the hoo ha about the panel members?

I'm not sure i understand the question.
    How can Ally McCoist be at fault for the media falsely reporting suspicious packages and death threats?
    How can Ally McCoist be at fault for the gleeful showing of mockrage from Celtic fans based on these falsified reports?

Was he possibly a little misguided in the interview? Yeah, probably - but that doesnt change the fact that once again the Scottish media and SSN have behaved in an irresponsible and dangerous manner, escalating what is already a tense situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Maybe so - but the reaction to last night's non-story on here, in other parts of the media and elsewhere has been nothing short of over the top.

You're always one of the first people to tear into how things are reported in Scotland, yet for some reason you cannot see just how wrong, misinformed and downright dangerous their actions where last night.
    Today's heightened tensions have come from their mishandling and their jumping the gun on the tiniest bit of information.
    Not Rangers and not McCoist.

What was dangerous about reporting that police had to give safety advice to people who's identities should had remained confidential? McCoists comments were irresponsible and inflammatory but you rather go on about something else to bring the discussion away from anything that reflects badly on Dignity FC. Had McCoist not gave that interview, despite the club knowing who was on the panel anyways just not allowed to publish it, would this been a news item at all, would police advice needed to be given? No, not likely.

Whos tensions have been heightened today exactly? Their names have all been published now and one is talking to the media in an attempt to end the emails and phone calls. As for those silent phone calls, at least they were smart enough not to say anything that could be used in a court room against them. The knuckledraggers are copping on. :rolleyes:

astonishing deflection from the bears

more its not our fault

how is this a non story lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

Ah, that old chestnut again :rolleyes:

Those scumbags have nothing to do with Rangers.
    I thought one of them had a rangers top on in his photo :confused:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-17561849

I give up.

From now on the Scottish media can report whatever the **** they want.
    People only seem willing to stand up to it when it involves their own club.

• Advertisement

I don't recall any news about death threats but then I don't read the red tops or listen to radio Clyde!

I give up.

to be fair the sun and record stuck up for him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Fuhrer wrote: »

Those claimed to have been made.

Police have to, by law, investigate things like that, even if it doesn't seem to be true afterwards.

astonishing deflection from the bears

more its not our fault

how is this a non story lol

BBC/SSN report "Suspicious Package"
    That is downgraded to "Threatening Communication"
    Eric Drysdale tells SSN he has "Recieved no direct threats".

Apart from you're utterly hilarious mockrage, there is pretty much nothing to talk about.

You just need to look at the Twitter Feeds of two teenage boys,One is the son of the rangers manager, the other's dad is part of the Celtic coaching staff.
    Those two young lads recieve some disgusting comments on a daily basis by "fans" of both our clubs, and it shows the idiocy that is around.
    Has this ever been reported?
    What makes today any different?
    Are lies about suspicious packages acceptable in your media?
    Or are you simply delighting in an opportunity to have a (not very interesting) dig at the Rangers support?

Madam wrote: »
    I don't recall any news about death threats but then I don't read the red tops or listen to radio Clyde!

Exact words from BBC's initial report last night.
    "Police looking into threats from online and mail, Special Branch respond to one member of SFA panel receiving a suspicious package.

Police to comment soon."

I give up.

Which media outlet said that members of the panel received suspicious packages?

AFAIK, it was reported that one member received advice from Special branch regarding suspect packages. That was said by Jim Spence last night around 9pm. You sure that the media reports said they received packages and not just received advice about suspect packages?

EDIT

I see your post above

See above.

Those claimed to have been made.

Police have to, by law, investigate things like that, even if it doesn't seem to be true afterwards.

Actually by law they can investigate his comments alone.

Offensive Behaviour and Threatening Communications act, behaviour likely to lead to public disorder which expresses or incites hatred.

Should he be charged?

Actually by law they can investigate his comments alone.

Offensive Behaviour and Threatening Communications act, behaviour likely to lead to public disorder which expresses or incites hatred.

Should he be charged?

They could try, I doubt it would hold up in court.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Here you go:

So until either Strathclyde Police or anyone else from the SFA comes out with who was threatened, in what way and what the threats were I will choose not to believe any of this.

It's a conspiracy I tell ya. The SFA and Strathclyde Polis are in league against the Rainjurrs:pac:

• Advertisement

It's a conspiracy I tell ya. The SFA and Strathclyde Polis are in league against the Rainjurrs:pac:

The 'establishment' will soon sort them out;)

Nope - Just the media in Scotland being a downright joke.

Nope - Just the media in Scotland being a downright joke.

The meeja are in on it too.

The meeja are in on it too.

You're in on it i think.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17858087

Wally Smith gives it the auld 'we're too big/important to be punished/relegated' claptrap and McCoist's reckless comments were just passion and frustration.

Dempsey wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17858087

Wally Smith gives it the auld 'we're too big/important to be punished/relegated' claptrap and McCoist's reckless comments were just passion and frustration.

If that's the way you want to read it I guess.

To me it sounds like he just says that there's a reason why the SPL are trying to force us to stay in the SPL: They need the money.
    And that if they do decide to kick Rangers out it would have a massive impact on the SPL.

Which is true.

Btw, seems I was right about Lennon being charged:
    The Compliance Officer has issued the following Notice of Complaint:

Name: Neil Lennon, Celtic FC
    Match: Celtic v Heart of Midlothian (William Hill Scottish Cup) - 15th April 2012
    Disciplinary Rule(s) allegedly breached: Rules 203, 68 and 71
    Principal Hearing Date: Thursday, 10th May 2012

Mr. Lennon has until Thursday, 3rd May 2012 to respond to the Notice of Complaint.

Rule 203: No member of Team Staff shall commit Misconduct at a match, including but not limited to committing acts of the kind described in the Schedule of Offences in Annex C (including where there is aggravation by any factor, including but not limited to prolongation of the incident; combination of different offences; continued use of offensive, abusing and/ or insulting language and/or behaviour; calling a match official a cheat and/ or calling a match official’s integrity into question; failure to comply with a match official’s requests; adoption of aggressive behaviour towards a match official; any racist, sexist, sectarian and/or otherwise discriminatory element; and the degree of any physical violence), breaching the Post Match Protocol and committing Unacceptable Conduct.

Rule 68: No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA, shall in an interview, a ‘blog’ on the internet, on a social networking or micro-blogging site, or in any other manner calculated or likely to lead to publicity (i) criticise the performance(s) of any or all match official(s) in such a way as to indicate bias or incompetence on the part of such match official; or (ii) make remarks about such match official(s) which impinge on his character. For the avoidance of doubt this rule applies (i) whether reported to the Scottish FA by a referee for misconduct or otherwise, and (ii) where remarks are brought to the Scottish FA’s attention, or of which the Scottish FA becomes aware, by whatever manner or means.

Rule 71: A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall, at all times, act in the best interests of Association Football and shall not act in any manner which is improper.

Took 'em 2 weeks mind you :rolleyes:
    Fast track indeed.

You're in on it i think.

This conspiracy is growing all the time:)

Yep, we're through the looking glass now people!

Sandy Jardine: Rangers supporters will take sanctions against other clubs
    The Rangers ambassador warned other clubs will feel pain if the Ibrox club suffers severe sanctions.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/305041-sandy-jardine-rangers-supporters-will-take-sanctions-against-other-clubs/

more threatening language

the sense of entitlement is crazy

• Advertisement

If that's the way you want to read it I guess.

To me it sounds like he just says that there's a reason why the SPL are trying to force us to stay in the SPL: They need the money.
    And that if they do decide to kick Rangers out it would have a massive impact on the SPL.

Which is true.

Btw, seems I was right about Lennon being charged:

Took 'em 2 weeks mind you :rolleyes:
    Fast track indeed.

The SFA/SPL hasnt done anything out of the ordinary yet, the rules have been enforced is all and they are discussing new financial rules going forward. Your slow admin process means that you will hit every possible speed bump, not their fault.

No you arent. You said Lennon would be banned today. I said it cant happen because he hasnt been charged yet and Lunny hasnt written the letter yet. The notice/letter was served today! :rolleyes:

Advertisement