Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hibernian FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

Camac Hibs wrote: »
    Hopefully with hearts out the picture for a few seasons we can start holding our own club to account.

Nah, can't see it myself. In fairness, I think you're wearing your optimistic specs on both counts.

Once we dont follow them down

That won't happen this season, much as people like me get our jollies out of winding you lot up that it will. If Butcher spends what he should have available to him and uses that reasonably well you won't be in any danger next season either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Camac Hibs

Nah, can't see it myself. In fairness, I think you're wearing your optimistic specs on both counts.

I think it's safe to say you won't be coming straight back up. Then we can fully concentrate on how pish we are. Unless of course we conspire to join you, humped by a Paul Hartley - inspired Dundee in the play offs.

I think it's safe to say you won't be coming straight back up. Then we can fully concentrate on how pish we are. Unless of course we conspire to join you, humped by a Paul Hartley - inspired Dundee in the play offs.

Why would you say that, aside from wishful thinking? I think it would be safe to say in the event we were to stay in administration, but that's unlikely to be the case. Otherwise we'll comfortably have the second biggest wage budget in the division (and bigger than most SPFL clubs). I'm well aware that Gary Locke is perfectly capable of misdirecting a budget, but chances are that the new owners will see him replaced anyway.

You won't be in the play-offs, by the way. No respect intended (:p), it's just that there's no way all of St. Mirren, Ross County, Partick and Kilmarnock will leapfrog you.

Why would you say that, aside from wishful thinking? I think it would be safe to say in the event we were to stay in administration, but that's unlikely to be the case. Otherwise we'll comfortably have the second biggest wage budget in the division (and bigger than most SPFL clubs). I'm well aware that Gary Locke is perfectly capable of misdirecting a budget, but chances are that the new owners will see him replaced anyway.

You won't be in the play-offs, by the way. No respect intended (:p), it's just that there's no way all of St. Mirren, Ross County, Partick and Kilmarnock will leapfrog you.

Can't see it I'm afraid. That league will be more competitive than you realize. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer hearts to bounce back up at the expense of Sevco, but I would be very surprised if they managed it first time round. You will also have to do without all the points we hand to you without fuss each season.

Can't see where the next Hibs goal is coming from, however think St Mirren are probably just about ****e enough that they won''t catch us but I doubt we will pick up any more points this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer hearts to bounce back up at the expense of Sevco....

I don't think there's any question of anyone being promoted at the expense of Rangers. I was more hoping we'd be promoted at the expense of Ross County or Partick or someone like that. :eek:

Hibs won't be in the play-offs this season, and that's my final word on that matter. My money is on St. Mirren (or would be, if the administrator let me go to the bookies).

shezer wrote: »

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2566&newsCategoryID=1&newsID=13206

I'm assuming this is an April Fools but...you never know with the SFA!

Compliance Officer issues notice of complaint to Griffiths for "singing in public about Heart of Midlothian being in administration"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

This season has been pure ****e from start to finish, Maybe watching Hibs too long but I am not filled with confidence for the rest of the season we have that bad mix of can't score and can't keep a clean sheet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

1967 wrote: »
    This season has been pure ****e from start to finish, Maybe watching Hibs too long but I am not filled with confidence for the rest of the season we have that bad mix of can't score and can't keep a clean sheet

At least under Fenlon we were keeping few clean sheets and we just lacked creativity. Now we look disjointed.

• Advertisement

A bloody shambles again today. Relegation play off is on the cards. Shocking stuff

1st divison attendences could be higher then Premier League.

Hibs won't be in the play-offs this season, and that's my final word on that matter. My money is on St. Mirren (or would be, if the administrator let me go to the bookies).

Ross County. I meant to say Ross County.

Come back Pat. All is forgiven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Hibs heading for a play off v Hamilton. What has happened there. It got a hell of a lot worse when they replaced Fenlon with Butcher, they've failed to win any of their last 10 games. Something wrong there, they shouldn't be struggling that badly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭eire4

wow what a shambles. I cannot believe that Hibernian are in the relegation playoff and heading into it in a total tailspin. Would be sad to see Hibernian go down but the lack of goals is unreal and confidence has to be in the toliet at this point.

Sick of playing Celtic to be honest.

Rather play Queen of South etc

;-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

eire4 wrote: »
    wow what a shambles. I cannot believe that Hibernian are in the relegation playoff and heading into it in a total tailspin. Would be sad to see Hibernian go down but the lack of goals is unreal and confidence has to be in the toliet at this point.

Fact is. If you give Hearts back their points deduction, Hibs are then last and already relegated.

Shambles

This would not be the position if Fenlon was still at the club. Nothing near it. No doubt whatsoever!

I wanted Fenlon to stay but it changed after Hearts defeat in LC and I thought maybe it was for best.

In hindsight.

Fenlon was making progress but in baby steps. Football fans demand more in little time.

We are a joke. No question about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hibs Hearts and Rangers in 1st div season possibly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

PauloMN wrote: »
    Do you really think that's a possibility???? You're 6 points clear of St. Mirren. Being relegated is unthinkable for Hibs.

Honestly shocked it has come to that. How did it go so wrong for Hibs? And will Butcher be for the axe if you do go down?

PauloMN wrote: »
    Honestly shocked it has come to that. How did it go so wrong for Hibs? And will Butcher be for the axe if you do go down?

The whole club stinks from the bottom up.

We need a freshness and I thought Butcher was step in right direction.

It's actually frightening how bad we are right now.

Will take that.

Looking good, but Hibs don't do things the easy way. Can see draw at weekend.

We still look shocking.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Extra time.... jaysus Hibs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Is this game on any station?

EDIT found it BT1

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Is this game on any station?

Think it might be on BT Sports, I don't have it though, just saw a headline that it had gone to extra time.

Penalties. Unbelievable. I thought being 2 nil up after the first leg that Hibs would have put this to bed at home, but there's been zero consistency with them all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Penalties, sad to see it come down to this.

• Advertisement

Wow. Hibs down.

Advertisement