Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I need someone to teach me how to order in Subway. It confuses and baffles me so much that I've eaten there once about four years ago and haven't gone back... :o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I need someone to teach me how to order in Subway. It confuses and baffles me so much that I've eaten there once about four years ago and haven't gone back... :o

Pick your bread. Then your meat. Then decide if you want cheese on it and the whole lot toasted. The salads, then sauce.

Then get a cookie. Always get a cookie.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

But what bread do I want?!

They have like six trillion kinds!

I'm a simple country boy. When I was growing up your choices were brown or white, none of this fancy sh*te!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Monterey Cheddar used to be my favourite, but none of the Subway places in Limerick do it any more. :(
    Italian Herbs & Cheese does the trick instead this days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

But what bread do I want?!

They have like six trillion kinds!

I'm a simple country boy. When I was growing up your choices were brown or white, none of this fancy sh*te!

I was the same. I just get the 9 Grain wheat cos it's fairly simple.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Hearty Italian.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Italian Herbs and Cheese, turkey and ham, plain cheese, toasted, letticue, red onion, sweetcorn, mayonnaise
    And then you try and keep some self control once you taste

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Foot long Sub of the Day.. whatever that may be. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Boojum - White wrap, burrito, no beans, mexican rice, shredded chicken, spiciest salsa, cheese, sour cream...can of coke on the side...oh sweet jesus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

And that ladies and Gentlemen how imanengine was no more

• Advertisement

All the talk of burritos reminds me of this. :Dhttp://www.bbc.com/news/health-30000934
    Hungry Horse said it displayed all the nutritional information and guideline daily amounts for men, women and children on its website. On searching, you can find a BBQ Pulled Pork (Wo)Man Vs Burrito that contains nearly 3,500 calories, 65g of fat and 13g of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

deise_girl wrote: »
    Italian Herbs and Cheese, turkey and ham, plain cheese, toasted, letticue, red onion, sweetcorn, mayonnaise
    And then you try and keep some self control once you taste
    Boojum - White wrap, burrito, no beans, mexican rice, shredded chicken, spiciest salsa, cheese, sour cream...can of coke on the side...oh sweet jesus.

I'm getting both of these some time over the next week my god.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Pfft you and your "meals"

blanket-burrito.jpg

This is a great read. She was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma at 16 and writes about it.
    Four outpatient hospitalizations, an unimaginable amount of prescription laxatives, and roughly an accumulative 48 hours on the porcelain throne later, I defeated the Poop Rock. Things only got weirder. Later I would wonder why the doctors never warn you about what could go wrong, but I suppose the possibilities are actually limitless. Poop Rock? Why stop there? The following six months, I was hospitalized for all kinds of zany afflictions, including neutropenic shock (dangerously low white blood cell count), phlebitis (infected blood clots), cellulitis (akin to elephantiasis), nerve damage, and a lymphangiogram (a fancy word for foot slaughter).

During one of my overnights at LPCH for a bad case of neutropenia, I shared a hospital room with a morbidly obese, fourteen-year-old Leukemia patient who had an infant child and a penchant for random violence towards nurses. At around two a.m. she began making disconcerting groans, but approaching her was ill-advised due to her notorious irascibility. None of the nurses answered my repeated calls on the intercom, and my father commanded me to do something about it, because it was making him feel uncomfortable. My roommate’s less than dulcet squalling continued, so I climbed out of the hospital bed, removed my heart monitors, and unplugged my IV stand from the wall so I could roll myself down the hall to seek assistance. This scenario was a good example of his parenting style, and incidentally the only time I saw him the entire year. He had grudgingly turned up because my mom was worried I might not survive. When I arrived at the ER in Sonoma the evening before, delirious and with a 104 degree fever, they refused to admit me because of liability issues that would arise if I were to die under their care. The elusive silver lining showed through, as the ambulance ride to Palo Alto was actually fun after a hefty hit of morphine.

https://medium.com/human-parts/the-cancer-chronicles-8dced8c5dee5

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

I love evening walks around the city at this time of year when the street lights are on and the frost is just beginning to settle on the ground. The chill in the air makes everything feel much more alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I love evening walks around the city at this time of year when the street lights are on and the frost is just beginning to settle on the ground. The chill in the air makes everything feel much more alive.
    Been doing that a lot myself lately. You can do some great thinking walking alone at night.

Back in the awful year of 2008, my first laptop broke, i was devastated all my music was gone into oblivion my photos everything. 6 years later my library has never been the same. my music is scattered everywhere. apparently i have 6900 music files yet ive only just passed one thousand last year. Wish i could just press a button and restart.

Jhcx wrote: »
    Back in the awful year of 2008, my first laptop broke, i was devastated all my music was gone into oblivion my photos everything. 6 years later my library has never been the same. my music is scattered everywhere. apparently i have 6900 music files yet ive only just passed one thousand last year. Wish i could just press a button and restart.
    my mother put my iPod through a wash about 3 years ago. Haven't had music since.

Bring in the hugs man bring it in, thats harsh.

lol-bro-its-all-good.jpg

you cant argue with Chuck Norris

• Advertisement

i fell in love with the music to this. Id buy this over a macbook :( i actually like the macbook. This model is no longer in production. I still love it though

I would sell my sister for a Razer laptop.

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Guys

How do you study for an exam.....seriously?

That's a question I never found the answer to.
    probably explains my current 40 hours for 8.65 predicament. :pac:

Preparation for exams consist of three main aspects.

1. Prayer to the deity you believe (if any)

2. Luck

3. Studying (do and re-do past papers if you have access to them)

These 3 got me a first. :pac:

Past exam papers are the cheat code to college exams tbh.

My process for studying is pretty much the following:
    - Watch YouTube videos
    - Organise my notes in a neat fashion.
    - Go on Boards.
    - Make dividers for my folders.
    - Eat food.
    - Reorganise folder.
    - Panic, cram, don't sleep, sit exam, pass out.

Past exam papers are the cheat code to college exams tbh.

We were quite fortunate that we had lecturers that usually weren't bothered to change past papers. Four questions out of six would usually be the same as before.

One lecturer in particular just changed around the order of the questions, for two separate modules that we had. :D

A reboot that actually looks enticing...

I spent 70 quid on books on a whim last night.

Some are Christmas gifts, but that book on Scandinavian baking is ALL MINE!

It seems that when the toy show is on people don't cook. The whole of Limerick has been into us for take away. It's been a while since we've been this busy. It's like a high intensity cardio session.

• Advertisement

Tbh I don't know what's going on today. The shop was the same too. Just non stop we had 4 tills going all day. People doing shops over €300. We made our own black Friday profits and we had no extra deals lol.

Advertisement