Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what social networking sites are you on?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

batistuta9 wrote: »
    changing to the timeline doesn't mean they can access your data. You have to agree to it or when you read something on another site for example choose to post it on FB. & you'll have to get the TL sometime or else leave FB

I didn't have a choice. I avoided it as long as I could but then eventually I got a warning that Timeline was going to be enabled on my page by such and such a date. Only options were Change to Timeline or Try It.

I did neither and when the day rolled around it changed my page.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭skinny90

changing to the timeline doesn't mean they can access your data
    Changing to the timeline doesn't but either way they can still access your data and by the looks of things so will other organisations

k.p.h wrote: »
    Google are class, might as well let them pimp me out rather than Zucklewankface
    Make sure you understand their new privacy policy;)
    its regarding your information/data tied in with all other google applications apart from google wallet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I didn't have a choice. I avoided it as long as I could but then eventually I got a warning that Timeline was going to be enabled on my page by such and such a date. Only options were Change to Timeline or Try It.

I did neither and when the day rolled around it changed my page.

I'm not talking about having a choice about using the timeline.
    The timeline's actually a better look than the old profiles - takes you a while to get used to it just

I'm talking about having the choice to decide which other sites interact with your FB profile, netflix's, youtube or some of the papers etc.

if you interact with FB using them they'll probably have access to a lot of your data, same with all the apps on FB.

whether or not FB sells your data anyway is a different story

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭batistuta9

skinny90 wrote: »
    Changing to the timeline doesn't but either way they can still access your data and by the looks of things so will other organisations

what or who do you mean can access your data?

in reality FB probably does sell the data if that's what you mean

but look at the amount of data you willingly give access to when using apps on FB or using other sites to interact with FB. even apps for your phone have access to a lot of stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Thanks to a previous post I'm now on this!

http://meet-an-inmate.com/

skinny90 wrote: »

what or who do you mean can access your data?

in reality FB probably does sell the data if that's what you mean

but look at the amount of data you willingly give access to when using apps on FB or using other sites to interact with FB. even apps for your phone have access to a lot of stuff
    Yes you have the marketing side of it but also this... http://m.zdnet.com/blog/facebook/after-denouncing-sopa-and-pipa-how-can-facebook-support-cispa/11700

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

does boards count as a social networking site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

just facebook

• Advertisement
Advertisement