Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should\Will Mancini be sacked after spending squillions and winning nowt this season?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

That hand gesture will be legendary if Man C go on and lift the title.

If you see it from the other angle it looks like Fergie makes that gesture first iirc

Also neck on Fergie to give out about a manager hassling officials, was it the Everton game where he was giving out to the 4th official for about 10 minutes?

I wonder if the OP had editing privillages on this thread would he delete it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Essien wrote: »
    But he won't really be right, even if they don't win. He completely scrapped them and ridiculed people who disagreed with him. Now they're back in front with 2 games left, even if they do lose it from here, the 'implosion' he referred to was non existent, or at least no worse than Uniteds, weren't they 8 points ahead recently? They might well lose it from here but the fact that they got back in front means he was wrong to write them off so prematurely and with such conviction.

That's a fair point and yes I do agree with you. One can only assume plasma guy is a young teenager with no real experience of end of season run ins. Never write anyone off until it's done. On the other hand I still think people are getting ahead of themselves a little. A lot of posts acting like united lost the title last night. Still 2 games left in which to do that properly...

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Haha, OP looks an awful knob now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

iregk wrote: »
    That's a fair point and yes I do agree with you. One can only assume plasma guy is a young teenager with no real experience of end of season run ins. Never write anyone off until it's done. On the other hand I still think people are getting ahead of themselves a little. A lot of posts acting like united lost the title last night. Still 2 games left in which to do that properly...

But he knows so much about football :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

As a footballing man (as opposed to the Man City bandwagoners), Utd have never blown such a points lead in the history of the premier league.

Go back over the years if you want.

I'm not here for petty arguments.

Utd have never blown a lead like this before.

City should have run away with the league when you consider their massive resources, resources which are far more than Utds these days.

The thing is, its people who know little about the history of Utds record in the premier league particularly at this stage of the season who would have given city a chance.

I've watched united for years now and like most people who watch the EPL, Utd once they get into this position rarely if ever give it up.

If city with all their resources couldn't account for a utd team with a mixture of kids, old men, and a lot of injuries, then really, they would never have won the league.

But I just know most people on here aren't interested in the football or seriously analyzing it, just winning an argument and jumping on a bandwagon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

If you see it from the other angle it looks like Fergie makes that gesture first iirc

Also neck on Fergie to give out about a manager hassling officials, was it the Everton game where he was giving out to the 4th official for about 10 minutes?

I wonder if the OP had editing privillages on this thread would he delete it :)

Yes it was Fergie who got on to Mancini first about talking to the officials, Fergie says he was at the ref and the official all game. Bit rich coming from Fergie alright, but the pic posted makes it look like Mancini is the aggressor when it was very clear that Fergie was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

plasmaguy wrote: »
    As a footballing man (as opposed to the Man City bandwagoners), Utd have never blown such a points lead in the history of the premier league.

City should have run away with the league when you consider their massive resources, resources which are far more than Utds these days.

The thing is, its people who know little about the history of Utds record in the premier league particularly at this stage of the season who would have given city a chance.

I've watched united for years now and like most people who watch the EPL, Utd once they get into this position rarely if ever give it up.

If city with all their resources couldn't account for a utd team with a mixture of kids, old men, and a lot of injuries, then really, they would never have won the league.

But I just know most people on here aren't interested in the football or seriously analyzing it, just winning an argument and jumping on a bandwagon.

Look you were spectacularly wrong, just have the bollox to admit it instead of trying to spin yourself as some superior football analyst.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

As a footballing man (as opposed to the Man City bandwagoners)

hahahahahahaha

Just admit you were wrong!! Spectacularly wrong!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

It would be sooo much better for you if you just admitted you got it wrong :D

Nobodys perfect man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

United fans always talking about their history :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Just admit your 'superior football knowledge' pose backfired and you were made to look the fool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Well as a football man I'm shocked that you've clearly forgotten about 97/98 when Arsenal came from 11 points behind to win the title. Also how about 2001/02 when Arsenal came from 8 point back (where have we heard that before?) or 2009/10 when Chelsea came from 9 points back.

Now do I need to tell you what team was overhauled on all 3 occasions? I'm sure as a football man you know.

Seriously, stop all the flapping and make it easy on yourself. You got it wrong, no shame in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

Hi my name is Carlos_Ray and I am........ a "footballing man".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

So City fans are bandwagoners now. City and their resources - lol. Ya poor Man Utd. What did Fergie spend last summer, over £50m. I for one am glad there is now another club with cash to compete with Utd on the financial front. Utd have been at the top of the financial charts for ages in the EPL, good to have some competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

(Deep sigh, followed by embarrassed sheepish look)

I am the OP, and "I GOT IT WRONG!!"

Yes, fair play to City, but in my defence, who among you could honestly say otherwise, that City were too far behind Utd and it looked like a foregone conclusion? Eh, Eh?

Well thats the beauty of sport and football, I suppose, it aint over til the fat lady sings!

So win or lose, Mancini will not be sacked and that was my point really. Chelsea and Roman would have had him gone by now, but Citys owners seem a little more patient

Utd could still win it, but my original question has been answered, he wont be sacked even if they do still lose it

thank you and good night

(Slinks away into the darkness) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

In fairness lads City haven't won anything yet. They could well loose to Newcastle in which plasmaguy may well be right at the end of the season. People are acting like the title has already been won.

Exactly. Plasmaguy isn't wrong yet for all the slagging he's getting.

If United win at home to Sawnsea, as they ought to, that puts all the pressure back on City in the 4:00 game as they've a much tougher game away to Newcastle and it'll be a must-win. That will test them just as much as last night's game as the pressure will be a massive since it will almost certainly be a title-sealer if they win, and the title gone if they don't.

edit: thought the united game was on first but apparently not

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Exactly. Plasmaguy isn't wrong yet for all the slagging he's getting.

If United win at home to Sawnsea, as they ought to, that puts all the pressure back on City in the 4:00 game as they've a much tougher game away to Newcastle and it'll be a must-win. That will test them just as much as last night's game as the pressure will be a massive since it will almost certainly be a title-sealer if they win, and the title gone if they don't.

edit: thought the united game was on first but apparently not

I'm sure if I looked back over this thread I'd find people who when city were 8 points down, didn't even bother posting to say it was over.

A couple of people alright said City had a chance, and if City do go on to win the title, I have no problem apologizing to them.

As for people who didn't write anything, hung back and then just post sh*te about people getting it wrong, they aint worth my time.

Suppose now we'll have a thread entitled "Are united and Ferguson done?" or something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

They ain't won owt yet. I put money down on them winning last night and losing the title. I still think that will happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Suppose now we'll have a thread entitled "Are united and Ferguson done?" or something similar.

Oh the indignity. It's fine for other clubs but for Manchester United it'd just, be, sillllly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭jacool

greendom wrote: »
    They ain't won owt yet. I put money down on them winning last night and losing the title. I still think that will happen.
    If you got that 9/2 offer in Ladbrokes that's a nice ticket to be holding!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

jacool wrote: »
    If you got that 9/2 offer in Ladbrokes that's a nice ticket to be holding!

Boyle Sports gave me 5/1. Only put a fiver on it - still - fingers crossed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

I'm sure if I looked back over this thread I'd find people who when city were 8 points down, didn't even bother posting to say it was over.

A couple of people alright said City had a chance, and if City do go on to win the title, I have no problem apologizing to them.

As for people who didn't write anything, hung back and then just post sh*te about people getting it wrong, they aint worth my time.

why would you apologise? All you did was express your views as a "footballing man"?

...... even if they were unbelievabley spectacularly wrong there's really no need to apologise to anyone?

You should probably apologise for the bandwagoners comment because it sounds pretty idiotic coming from a fan of the manchester uniteds!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,541 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I was considering a 'Is plasmaguy and unwarranted arrogance done?' thread instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

So, it's ok that you were so spectacularly wrong, because people that didn't post on this thread thought the same! And you can look back over this thread and see the non posts :confused:
    You don't have to go far back in this thread to see how wrong you were. About 5 posts up "United never blew a lead like that before":
    Well as a football man I'm shocked that you've clearly forgotten about 97/98 when Arsenal came from 11 points behind to win the title. Also how about 2001/02 when Arsenal came from 8 point back (where have we heard that before?) or 2009/10 when Chelsea came from 9 points back.

Now do I need to tell you what team was overhauled on all 3 occasions? I'm sure as a football man you know.

Seriously, stop all the flapping and make it easy on yourself. You got it wrong, no shame in it.

You need a semi decent argument to troll properly, all you're doing here is making a laughing stock of yourself. Especially when you think you know more about football than everyone else for some reason.

Paparazzo wrote: »
    So, it's ok that you were so spectacularly wrong, because people that didn't post on this thread thought the same! And you can look back over this thread and see the non posts :confused:
    You don't have to go far back in this thread to see how wrong you were. About 5 posts up "United never blew a lead like that before":

You need a semi decent argument to troll properly, all you're doing here is making a laughing stock of yourself. Especially when you think you know more about football than everyone else for some reason.

Is it ok for you to be so spectacularly unoriginal??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Best thread ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Is it ok for you to be so spectacularly unoriginal??

Just keep posting your opinions, it's giving me a great laugh

And you call me a Troll?

I don't do petty arguments my friend, so keep it up and you know where you are going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,541 ✭✭✭✭CSF

And you call me a Troll?

I don't do petty arguments my friend, so keep it up and you know where you are going.
    So you're not going to admit you were spectacularly wrong? And everyone else was right, that City did still have a chance, and Mancini was well capable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement