Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamer of the year (Arcade Edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

keithgeo wrote: »
    Just looked at the ad from yesterday, looks like its sealed, though i dunno how the screen cover came off if it is. unless the glue dryed up or something.

If that is genuinely sealed, you'd be fairly sick that the screen bit came loose alright!

Here's another on the bay, wonder what it goes for:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/RARE-1995-NINTENDO-GAMEBOY-MINT-UNOPENED-AND-SEALED-RADIANT-RED-MODEL-NO-DMG-01-/201198916647?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item2ed863d427

Can't find one in a completed listing

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That'll be really interesting to watch end, I wouldn't have valued something like that at very much at all. Another example of gaming items on the increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

is it also chipped in the top left?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Dont think thats a chip, the gameboy has grooves on each side up the top like that. and one that goes across it just under those.

Sorry I meant the screen bezel, I think it might be

2h6uix0.png
    01-Original-Game-Boy-Grey-Front.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Must be handy having a shrink wrap machine...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

its upside down! the rounded corner should be on the bottom right. she may have shook the box until it fell into place.

Or else opened it, put it on upside down, then shrink wrapped the box.

Master of the Universe

Or maybe it's a super rare upside down bezel version and that justifies the price? ;)

horatio-caine.jpg

Thats a pretty late version too, mine was packaged like this, I got it the year it was released in Ireland for xmas around 1990/91
    She'd get away with stones in the box if it was this one!
    NintendoGameBoyBox.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Uncle Ruckus

I can't post urls as I'm a new user but someone is charging over $500 for Suikoden 2 on Amazon. I have Suikoden 1,2,4 and 5. Any idea how much they would be worth realistically?

I can't post urls as I'm a new user but someone is charging over $500 for Suikoden 2 on Amazon. I have Suikoden 1,2,4 and 5. Any idea how much they would be worth realistically?
    Best way to value any game is on the ebay sold listings
    http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=Suikoden+2&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I'd go with 70, 90, 20, 20 in the order you've listed them. Give or take a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Los Lobos wrote: »
    If that is genuinely sealed, you'd be fairly sick that the screen bit came loose alright!

Here's another on the bay, wonder what it goes for:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/RARE-1995-NINTENDO-GAMEBOY-MINT-UNOPENED-AND-SEALED-RADIANT-RED-MODEL-NO-DMG-01-/201198916647?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item2ed863d427

Can't find one in a completed listing

Finished €179, plus shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

http://touch.adverts.ie/arcade-retro/arcade-machine-1000-games-self-pickup/6045606

Looks like the guy who isn't lowering his price any more is back... With a lower price...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I know we went over this already, but really, who are those buttons even for?

You'd think he'd have copped on by now, that things been for sale for over 6 months on adverts and donedeal and it was originally €700 on donedeal

You'd think he'd have copped on by now, that things been for sale for over 6 months on adverts and donedeal and it was originally €700 on donedeal

ah in fairness he has dropped the price:D

He has, and don't ask him to again!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

with New York written on the coins

Should have accepted €300 for it when he had the chance, then he was willing to accept €280 on it 2 months ago!
    http://www.adverts.ie/other-antiques-collectables/slot-machine/5358777

Jesus 280 for a pachislo,
    I cant understand why people pay so much for video poker/slots

I think we got one of these before for €50 from mitch a couple years back.

**Update: withdrawn

**Update: withdrawn

our work here is done :D

My mame cab is still there.
    Ipac,PC,trackball sticks/buttons/coin door for 300quids
    no interest
    Sure its not a cab for an arcade aficionado but I would of thought someone would like it for 300

urbanledge wrote: »

no interest
    Sure its not a cab for an arcade aficionado but I would of thought someone would like it for 300
    That's why I can't understand adverts at all
    You'll have some crazy person put something similar up for €1000 and they'll get offers for €600 and refuse them.
    It's the same with everything on that site, I've often listed phones for €250 which were worth about that and I'd get €100 offers, and timewasters.
    Then I'd have a look at others adverts and they'd have them listed for €500 and getting offers for €400, that they are turning down :eek:.

You would probably be as well off to stick a multigame and a second hand monitor into that and accept €600!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭BGOllie

urbanledge wrote: »

no interest

Put it for 700 and you'll be offered 300 for it , guaranteed.
    I've put items there, at a good price, and they've stayed for ages. If I over price them I get offers in a matter of days.

Master of the Universe

Listing something for cheap can devalue it in peoples minds and they no longer want it.

Utterly bizarre but it happens.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Listing something for cheap can devalue it in peoples minds and they no longer want it.

Utterly bizarre but it happens.

I've honestly never seen or heard of anyone not buying something because it was cheaper than expected. :confused:

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I've honestly never seen or heard of anyone not buying something because it was cheaper than expected. :confused:

No no.

As in the perception of something listed at 600 is different to the perception of something listed at 300. I'm talking about specialized items by the way, not things everyone immediately knows the value of (like an iPhone or something)

At especially low values people start to think the item must have something wrong with it or be built out of cheap components. (Not saying yours is 'ledge, no harm relisting it higher I reckon)

Advertisement