Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I swear I'm not trolling...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,601 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ring your editor, paraphrase the female's lines in the book in to the convo.
    Have a stop watch, you start when he does. :D

As for the book. It might make for better reading if there is a bit of mental build up to the action, then about 90secs of high intensity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

This whole thread reminded me of this...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

Maybe your editor has a point though. I mean, whether it's physically possible or not, the fact that she expressed scepticism means that your readers are likely to as well. Unless you're going to add a footnote, people will just assume that you're wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

eileeng is this picked up by mills and boon? You need to get a throbbing manhood in there somewhere.

Throbbing manhood will get me sacked. This editor is very big into what is physically possible, and manhoods don't actually throb (not unless you hit them with a hammer or something). And we won't even discuss the long list of things that women's body parts don't do.

wilkie2006 wrote: »
    Maybe your editor has a point though. I mean, whether it's physically possible or not, the fact that she expressed scepticism means that your readers are likely to as well. Unless you're going to add a footnote, people will just assume that you're wrong.

I'm going to reread the scene, see if I can see what tripped her up. But I suspect she may not know that many bb types.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Thud

i think the Japanese have this as a competitive sport now....not going to google it for you while i'm at work though :D

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭wilkie2006

EileenG wrote: »
    I'm going to reread the scene, see if I can see what tripped her up. But I suspect she may not know that many bb types.

What's a "bb type"? (or do I want to know?)

Body builder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭dougieruggie

I can only speak from personal experience but anywhere in the region of 8-10 hours.

I can only speak from personal experience but anywhere in the region of 8-10 hours.

Will you marry me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,601 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Erectile dysfunction muct be a real passion killer

And if any of you want to know how useful your responses were, the book I was researching is finally out.

http://www.amazon.com/Angels-Demons-and-Doms-ebook/dp/B00851VXXO/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1337704416&sr=1-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Congrats.
    I for one hope you make a mint like that 50 Shades of Sh1te book and come back and bring us all out for steak :)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Legits

EileenG wrote: »
    And if any of you want to know how useful your responses were, the book I was researching is finally out.

http://www.amazon.com/Angels-Demons-and-Doms-ebook/dp/B00851VXXO/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1337704416&sr=1-3

Gongrats.

I honestly read the title and thought Doms meant Delayed onset of muscle soreness.
    I then read the synopsis and was very confused.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Legits wrote: »
    Gongrats.

I honestly read the title and thought Doms meant Delayed onset of muscle soreness.
    I then read the synopsis and was very confused aroused.

FYP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Michael 09

Who is the dude on the cover? And why didn't you have open auditions on the forum to see who gets to do it :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭kevpants

Hanley wrote: »
    FYAP :D

FYP:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Thud

I'll never look at vanilla ice cream the same way again..

Did you change the paragraph in the end, how long did it take him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

this thread is a load of wank

• Advertisement
Advertisement