Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Loungers Who Lunch - The Off Topic Thread (All Chat Goes Here!)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Fried potatoes & bacon layered in a casserole dish, sprinkled with grated cheese, then covered with beaten eggs, milk & a spoonful of dijon mustard and baked til it goes nice and puffy.

It's a taste sensation.

Here's some I made earlier (literally)...

555803_10151214043597678_517680754_n.jpg

mmmmmmm, that looks very tasty!

Deciding whether to watch the U17 girls soccer finals, European athletics or Aussie Rule :D Happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Looks unreal Honey-ec, and it could be eaten at any/all times of the day! Definitely gonna try this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Fried potatoes & bacon layered in a casserole dish, sprinkled with grated cheese, then covered with beaten eggs, milk & a spoonful of dijon mustard and baked til it goes nice and puffy.

It's a taste sensation.

Here's some I made earlier (literally)...

555803_10151214043597678_517680754_n.jpg

Oh that looks greaOMNOMNOMNOM...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Looks unreal Honey-ec, and it could be eaten at any/all times of the day! Definitely gonna try this one.

It's actually gorgeous cold and travels really well - perfick picnic food!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I have been inspired by you Honey.......to get up and go across the road to Superquinn and get a hot chicken roll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

So, I'm still terrified of public toilets...

There's a couple of places around town I'll go to where I feel safe enough, but they're few and far between. This is actually kinda getting bad to the point where I was out for a few drinks the other week, needed to use the toilet, but held it for over 2 hours until I went home. Sometimes when I'll be out, I'll ask my girlfriend to come with me if I need to go, but she gets kinda pissed off at that and tells me I just have to learn to get on with it. I wish I could be as confident as her, but I just can't do it, so sometimes holding it feels like my only option. I know that rationally there probably isn't gonna be a problem, recent times I've gone to the ladies room, other women have just smiled at me, but I'm still very afraid. I was hoping that once I get a new passport and that I'll have ID to back me up, this won't be such a problem, but now I'm not so sure that having ID is gonna make the fear and panic go away and that it'll still be something I'm going to struggle with for a long time. What's even worse is that I'm on medication that makes me need to use the toilet more often. :o

*sigh* :(

I was relaxing on my bed earlier when I realized I had gotten a missed call from an English number and that they had left a voicemail; was from a company in London saying they had seen my CV online and that they were looking for PHP developers. Sucks as I've no experience in PHP. Still, was rather cool that I sort of got headhunted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Trying to get together a survival kit for my dad for going into hospital next week- anyone any suggestions??
    So far I've got a crossword book and I'm going to bake him chocolate cherry cookies... now I'm stuck. He has an ebook so books are out :/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Links234 wrote: »

There's a couple of places around town I'll go to where I feel safe enough, but they're few and far between. This is actually kinda getting bad to the point where I was out for a few drinks the other week, needed to use the toilet, but held it for over 2 hours until I went home. Sometimes when I'll be out, I'll ask my girlfriend to come with me if I need to go, but she gets kinda pissed off at that and tells me I just have to learn to get on with it. I wish I could be as confident as her, but I just can't do it, so sometimes holding it feels like my only option. I know that rationally there probably isn't gonna be a problem, recent times I've gone to the ladies room, other women have just smiled at me, but I'm still very afraid. I was hoping that once I get a new passport and that I'll have ID to back me up, this won't be such a problem, but now I'm not so sure that having ID is gonna make the fear and panic go away and that it'll still be something I'm going to struggle with for a long time. What's even worse is that I'm on medication that makes me need to use the toilet more often. :o

I hope you don't mind me saying, but I don't think you need to be too worried about running into trouble when using the ladies' restrooms. From the pictures you've posted up here, you look very feminine :) Definitely more so than I do, and I don't worry about bringing my passport to the toilet to prove I'm female (though perhaps I should :D)

If you act like you've a reason to be there, no one will doubt you!

Exactly what Fluorescence said. I don't think any woman would bat an eyelid at you if they saw you in a ladies loo anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Links234 wrote: »

Having seen your pictures in KYL, I'm fairly sure you don't have to worry about anyone thinking you're anything other than a woman. Hell, you're more feminine looking than I am! So, if it's the fear of having someone question you about whether you're a woman, I don't think you don't have to fear that.

It would never have occurred to me that anyone would ever have to worry about having to bring ID to the toilets with them. That makes me sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Note to self : Do not Facebook stalk. It never ends well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Novella wrote: »

What did you find? Stalking sucks :( But is somehow unavoidable.

I hope you don't mind me saying, but I don't think you need to be too worried about running into trouble when using the ladies' restrooms. From the pictures you've posted up here, you look very feminine :) Definitely more so than I do, and I don't worry about bringing my passport to the toilet to prove I'm female (though perhaps I should :D)

If you act like you've a reason to be there, no one will doubt you!

I know that I shouldn't be worried, but I still can't get over being so afraid. and it's not really all in my head though, because people I know have had issues in toilets in Ireland before, some lesbian women I know have had other women scream at them because they look boyish, and I know one woman who was shoved out of the toilets at one point. it's worse then if you're transgender, 'cos what if you run into someone who really has something against trans people? I'd just die if someone tried to kick up a ****storm like this over me: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6094782.stm

I know I shouldn't be so afraid, but public bathrooms still look like this to me:

Sxy8R.jpg

sorry for the moan :(

ive never seen anybody yell at anybody in a bathroom

go in and yell right back
    nobody is going to beat you up...

yer wan is a former showgirl anyway what would she know

That's the thing though - I don't think anyone would be able to tell you're trans unless you went around with a sign on your forehead. I don't think I've ever noticed a trans person in a women's bathroom, and I must have run into at least 1 in my lifetime.

I'm sorry to hear your friends have had trouble though. That's really disgusting. I weep for humanity at times, I really do :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

But but but....that's the whole point of facebook :D
    bluewolf wrote: »
    ive never seen anybody yell at anybody in a bathroom

go in and yell right back
    nobody is going to beat you up...

yer wan is a former showgirl anyway what would she know

Oh I've yelled at people in the bathroom. But only because I'm bursting to go and they skip the que :)

ihsb wrote: »
    What did you find? Stalking sucks :( But is somehow unavoidable.

Oh ya know, I was doing a bit of peeking at the ex! :pac: I know, I know! :( And he'd just re-added a girl who was really mean to me when we were together. It sounds totally pathetic and I'm not upset or anything like that. I dunno, I guess I'm disappointed or something.

Next time I look at his page, I give everybody permission to slap me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

Oh ya know, I was doing a bit of peeking at the ex! :pac: I know, I know! :( And he'd just re-added a girl who was really mean to me when we were together. It sounds totally pathetic and I'm not upset or anything like that. I dunno, I guess I'm disappointed or something.

Next time I look at his page, I give everybody permission to slap me.

No I can get that. If my OH was to let people back in if we break up it would be a major stab in the stomach.

WHAT A JERK!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Yeah completely understanding that one. I had to stop with one ex when his statuses started using a pet name he had for me to refer to his new girlfriend - even though we'd been broken up ages, it still felt like a physical kick in the stomach...

Genuinely surprised at how many of the rooms that I'm looking at in Dublin are for sharing with other people. Could never do that.

That's the thing though - I don't think anyone would be able to tell you're trans unless you went around with a sign on your forehead. I don't think I've ever noticed a trans person in a women's bathroom, and I must have run into at least 1 in my lifetime.

I'm sorry to hear your friends have had trouble though. That's really disgusting. I weep for humanity at times, I really do :(

Don't have a sign on my forehead, but I still seem to get called "sir" the odd time, so it's enough to make me think that I don't really look quite that feminine. :(

I'll stop being all moany though, here's something funny instead:

BzEDb.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Genuinely surprised at how many of the rooms that I'm looking at in Dublin are for sharing with other people. Could never do that.

Ugh, that'd seriously feel like not having any privacy ever...

Ugh, that'd seriously feel like not having any privacy ever...

I know! Plus you could never really bring anyone back, if you wanted to, as there's a good chance they'd be there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

fuuuuuuuuuuuck that.

• Advertisement

one hour til i can leave and chill out with friend and try to forget for a short while that i failed
    baileys and malteser cheesecake inc

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,756 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

krudler wrote: »
    fuuuuuuuuuuuck that.

I wholeheartedly agree with that

I think sharing an apartment is bad enough, never mind a room. That said, I really like my own space! Just can't afford it :(

I don't mind sharing a house/apartment, because my room usually becomes my place to cool off/relax/get away from the world. You just can't get that if you share a room too. I'd go absolutely cracked!

Sharing a room would be far too much like being 10 years old again, tbh :pac:. Though a friend of mine lives on campus and his apartment has 3 shared rooms - 2 to a room. I couldn't deal with that at all! No privacy whatsoever.

• Advertisement

Sharing a room would be far too much like being 10 years old again, tbh :pac:. Though a friend of mine lives on campus and his apartment has 3 shared rooms - 2 to a room. I couldn't deal with that at all! No privacy whatsoever.

even if you didn't want to bring someone home you couldnt am do anything...

totally need me space in general to chill and read or whatever would kill me to share

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

totally need me space in general to chill and read or whatever would kill me to share

You could em write up a timetable for 'Alone' time :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I think sharing an apartment is bad enough, never mind a room. That said, I really like my own space! Just can't afford it :(

Have been living on my own for nearly a year at this stage. Would never share again with anyone I wasn't in a relationship with. Love having my own space, and never feeling like I'm treading on anyone's toes. :)

Or you could stare them in the eye as you take care of business :pac:. You'd have loads of privacy in future! :D:D

Thing is the rooms on campus are quite small for sharing - they barely fit 2 beds, 2 desks and 2 tiny bedside lockers. It'd drive me nuts. The upside is that the security on campus is really good.

I'd still rather pay the little extra for a single room though.

You could em write up a timetable for 'Alone' time :p

hilarious
    "7-8pm daily need alone time"

6 people in an apartment sounds as bad even without the sharing rooms bit

i will never forget going to look at a houseshare in terenure adv as 2-3 people living there
    there must have been 3 couples and about 4 other lads as well
    no sitting room - converted into a bedroom
    luckily i got there before the landlord, and the other people there told me about it
    :rolleyes:
    and some ridiculous "bills 120 a month each" nonsense
    they must have been raking in a fortune

Have been living on my own for nearly a year at this stage. Would never share again with anyone I wasn't in a relationship with. Love having my own space, and never feeling like I'm treading on anyone's toes. :)

Yeah, I lived on my own for a year and it was the best thing ever. Hopefully it will happen again someday!

hilarious
    "7-8pm daily need alone time"

That'd get awkward pretty quick :P

6 people in an apartment sounds as bad even without the sharing rooms bit

I dunno how he put up with it, tbh. He changed apartments mid-way through the year because his first room-mate kept making sexual advances to him :pac:
    i will never forget going to look at a houseshare in terenure adv as 2-3 people living there
    there must have been 3 couples and about 4 other lads as well
    no sitting room - converted into a bedroom
    luckily i got there before the landlord, and the other people there told me about it
    :rolleyes:
    and some ridiculous "bills 120 a month each" nonsense
    they must have been raking in a fortune

What??? :eek: I assume this must have been on par with Áras an Uachtaráin to merit €120 per month for bills shared between 10/12 people??

they justified it with some sh!te about getting a cleaner in but i duno, still too expensive
    total scam/racket

god, advances from room mate, even worse for personal space

Yep, sounds like a total scam :pac:

Advances from his male room-mate (he's not gay) :P I'd rather get one of those tiny, depressing bedsits with a crying chair than share a room with someone. Half the time it works out to be the same rent anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'd rather live on rice and water than share a room with someone, a house or apartment yeah sure, but a room?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

It's been so warm that our windows have been open for the last two nights. Both nights, our cats have jumped in the window and onto the bed around the 2am mark. Both times I've slept through the whole thing, and himself has had to get up and try and feed them and put them to bed, while I snored on oblivious... This does not bode well for him if we ever have a baby :pac:

I was thinking more like this, which doesn't even have room for a crying chair :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

That's a pretty upmarket crying chair. Sure you'd expect nothing less in Rathmines.

there was one recently with the chair fitted in so you could sit down and watch... the microwave :D

there was one recently with the chair fitted in so you could sit down and watch... the microwave :D

I saw that in AH :D It's already been snapped up though - shame. Whoever got it is one lucky devil!

I stayed in a dive centre once where the bathroom was so small, the only way to use the shower was to sit on the jacks at the same time, I kid you not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,921 ✭✭✭deisedude

Studied abroad one year and had to share a room with a friend. We are no longer on speaking terms! :pac:

i cant even imagine how that would work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Polloloca

Wouldn't be mad keen on sharing a house with someone I didn't know, to be honest. Never mind a room! Where would you hide all your secrets, hmm?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement