Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Revenge [** Spoilers **] ABC - US

• 20-05-2011 2:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Promo Trailer

Wealth, beauty and status define the people in this town, but one woman is willing to destroy everyone for the sake of revenge.
    Emily Thorne (Emily Van Camp) is new to the Hamptons. She's met some of her wealthy neighbors, has made a few new friends and seemingly blends into the town. But something is a little odd about a young girl living in a wealthy town all on her own, and the truth is that Emily isn't exactly new to the neighborhood. In fact, this was once her old neighborhood, until something bad happened that ruined her family and their reputation. Now Emily is back, and she's returned to right some of those wrongs in the best way she knows how - with a vengeance.
    "Revenge" stars Madeleine Stowe ("We Were Soldiers," "The Last of the Mohicans") as Victoria Grayson, Emily Van Camp ("Brothers & Sisters," "Everwood") as Emily Thorne, Gabriel Mann ("The Bourne Identity") as Nolan Ross, Henry Czerny ("Mission: Impossible," "Clear and Present Danger") as Conrad Grayson, Ashley Madekwe ("Secret Diary of a Call Girl") as Ashley Davenport, Nick Wechsler ("Roswell") as Jack Porter, Josh Bowman ("Prowl") as Daniel Grayson, Christa B. Allen ("13 Going on 30") as Charlotte Grayson and Connor Paolo ("Gossip Girl") as Declan Porter.
    "Revenge" is written and executive-produced by Mike Kelley ("Swingtown"), along with executive producers Marty Bowen and Wyck Godfrey ("Twilight"). The pilot is directed and executive-produced by Phillip Noyce ("Salt"). "Revenge" is produced by ABC Studios.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Looks pretty good but I reckon it will be a one season type of deal. Kind of like Harpers Island

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,485 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

gazzer wrote: »
    Looks pretty good but I reckon it will be a one season type of deal. Kind of like Harpers Island

If it isnt given the shaft straight away like Lone Star, one season could be good like Harper's Island would be good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/news/a327598/james-tupper-joins-new-abc-drama-revenge.html

Revenge (ABC)

© ABC
    James Tupper has signed up to play a recurring role in new ABC drama Revenge.

The series will star Brothers and Sisters actress Emily VanCamp as a young woman seeking vengeance on those who destroyed her family.

Grey's Anatomy actor Tupper will play the father of VanCamp's character, who will appear in flashback sequences throughout the first season, according to TV Line.

Former Buffy star Marc Blucas played the role in the original Revenge pilot, but was forced to drop out due to his commitment to new USA series Necessary Roughness.

Tupper previously starred in ABC comedy-drama Men In Trees and played Dr Chris Sands in NBC short-lived medical drama Mercy. He also appears alongside Jim Carrey in new film comedy Mr. Popper's Penguins.

Revenge also stars Madeleine Stowe, Henry Czerny, Gabriel Mann, Connor Paolo, Nick Wechsler and Ashley Madekwe.

Revenge premieres on September 21 at 10/9c on ABC.

• Advertisement

Yet more casting news: http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/tv-castings-roundup-amc-creator-to-appear-on-soap-slew-of-actors-join-series/

Ashton Holmes (HBO's The Pacific) has landed a recurring role on the upcoming ABC drama Revenge, which stars Emily VanCamp as a young woman who goes to the Hamptons to exact revenge on the rich Grayson family who destroyed her father. Holmes, repped by UTA and manager Jeff Morrone, will play a high-society bad boy who is a Harvard classmate of Daniel Grayson (Josh Bowman).

brand new promo vid, sky living will also pick up the series over here; http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/08/revenge-new-promo-17th-august-2011.html

Um, i hear the pilot is "out...see how here: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/09/02/abc%E2%80%99s-announces-free-download-of-the-pilot-episode-script-of-%E2%80%9Crevenge%E2%80%9D-for-kindle-users/102441/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Tvbythenumbers+%28TVbytheNumbers%29

^ SPOILERS!!!

Flashback heavy and flashbacks within flashbacks :eek:

Citing! :D
    Bollocks! http://abc.go.com/watch/revenge-screening

The code is MN3JozZrq

You appear to be outside the United States or its territories. Due to international rights agreements, we only offer this video to viewers located within the United States and its territories. grrrr!

• Advertisement

The *original* pilot with Marc Blucas is now out, i'll watch it later....again, this is the original, Blucas was recast and expect other differences with the revamped pilot airs. But it's getting alot of positive reaction.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/09/revenge-pilot-available-now-to-kindle.html

http://www.tvline.com/2011/09/fall-tv-preview-abc-revenge-first-impression/

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/09/03/abcs-revenge-kindle/

If you do review said pilot please spoiler tag, as this is a PREAIR...not everyone will see it + there will be differences when the official pilot airs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Just after watching the pilot there, not a bad show. Will definitely be tuning into a few more episodes to see how it progresses.
    A problem I do have is that Victoria Grayson is a way more likeable character than Emily Thorne when you think it should be the opposite. I felt bad for Victoria when the affair was revealed, the reveal of the affair by Emily was her only good moment. I like the character of Nolan Ross, be interesting to see how his character develops now he knows Emily's secret. You have to think this will only be a one season show, can not see them stretching it out too much when there is only 5 months between Emily's moving to the Hamptons and the murder of Daniel Grayson

P.S
    Is Daniel's murderer Jack Porter, the one who owns the boat. I think it is, that will be an interesting development to see how that comes about.

This is probably going to be another one of my guilty pleasures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Yep, agree with Kiwi.
    Glad Blucas was recast, he didn't feel very Dad-like to me. Can't wait to see how it progresses, but for how many years can they cover Emily's revenge story, without it getting stale?
    I'd give the pilot a solid B+.

Plan on watching this tonite, give it a spin with mental note on things might change in the proper pilot. I think we're getting alot of similiar themed shows: Revenge; Ringer; The Lying Game.

Premieres tonight, i did watch the PREAIR/original pilot....but i want to see the official first ep. as i know changes were made, give my full opinion then + i prefer HD.

Revenge looks glorious in HD!...forget that crappy PREAIR....the visual difference is striking from it to the proper HD, i'm 100% into this show...it's pure sudsers soap opera but very slick, it's pure gility pleasure fodder. It's like Real Housewives meets Count Of Monte Cristo....seeing these rich people get taken down one at a time.

Vancamp plays Emily/Amanda very well....her rather innocent face is just a cover for a girl out for, well....revenge, the glaring looks of disdain she has for these Haptonites is great, a wolf in sheeps clothing....she smiles in your face while pulling the knife from your back.

It's very much rooted in American daytime soap but has a darker spin as Emily sets out on a path of revenge and get those who set up her father who ultimately she blames for his death. I think it's great, it'll appeal more to women imo and those of the Desperate Housewives persusaion, it wouldn't be out of place on the CW at all.

My concern though is longevity, how long can they eek out this central plotline?...how many people can see take down?....is there enough plot of fill a season let alone multiple?

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/09/22/revenge-series-premiere/

That was my worry too, but didn't the writers say depending on how long the series run it won't always be Emily's revenge story...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

This was better than I had expected. I'll watch a few more episodes. I hope they don't water it down to try to get several seasons out of it.

ABC are doing a great job promoting it. Almost every site I visited yesterday had Revenge ads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭coconut5

The guy in the promo looks really like Robert Pattinson. This is going to be on RTE, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

Premieres tonight, i did watch the PREAIR/original pilot....but i want to see the official first ep. as i know changes were made, give my full opinion then + i prefer HD.

Is it much different to the preair?

It was almost identical, the footage/editing is the same....they made audio tweaks, the main title design got revamped, the main difference is the scenes with marc Blucas...they were reshot, same little girl/Amanda, same clothes, the scenes were shot identical in different locales, Amanda and her dad on the beach....the beach was different, the little girl actress actually acted better in the reshoots. I think the reshoots were better overall.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just watched this now, not bad at all, will look forward to watching this for the winter.

This is my second fave new show of the season, Pan Am and The Playboy Club share #1 spot....cant wait for tonight!

http://www.tvline.com/2011/09/revenge-nick-wechsler-roswell/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

TBH I'm still not sure I'll keep watching this.

It's all very grown up and boring to me! :rolleyes:;):D

This is my second fave new show of the season, Pan Am and The Playboy Club share #1 spot....cant wait for tonight!
    Same here. Playboy Club takes first position followed closely by Revenge.

Ep. 2 finals...tis holding up grand! http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/09/29/wednesday-final-ratings-x-factor-survivor-the-middle-modern-family-csi-l-happy-endings-adjusted-down/105383/

In fact a poll suggests it'll easily get a full season pickup pretty soon!

Going to watch e.p 2 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

It's entertaining but a bit drawn out (but not extremely boring filler so far). I think I'll enjoy these more if I save them up.

Good episode, im hooked:o

Thought ep. 2 was great!, i just like the concept....tis great seeing Emily/Amanda taking down all these Hamptonites one by one....she x'd another off her list in ep. 2 in glorious style!, i also like the fact Victoria is onto her!, as i suspected from ep. 1 it was Emily who was porkin' Lydia's husband.

I guess she needed to break up their marriage to take over that house, i'm also like this Logan Ross guy...he's soo devilishly evil!, i don't get why Emily dosen't just team up with him?....but, i suspect he's weird and he has an obsession with Emily as well.

Twas all too soapy though when pappa had the heart attack, pure soap...expect more of that. Revenge is at it's core soapy guilty pleasure entertainment. It's just cheesy fun...i love all the long takes of glaring looks, they just freeze frame on the face of Victoria or Emily for like 30 seconds, and you slowly see their faces change, lol!...those shots make me squeel with glee!...hehe!

I'm not saying it's must see tv, but if you're into the genre/format you'll get a great kick out of it, i like the flashbacks as it adds alot of depth. Production values are very high....if you seen the polo match at the start, lot of money there....it looks great, in many ways it reminds me somewhat of old skool soap operas from the 80's, Dallas/Dynasty etc.

Bottom line...you either get it or you don't.

TBH I'm still not sure I'll keep watching this.

It's all very grown up and boring to me! :rolleyes:;):D

Ah Squeeks!....ya watch PLL and TLG?, surely this is for you?....give it a chance! :)

Just catching up now on this and it is way better than Ringer, love the staredowns between Victoria and Emily/Amanda you can see and feel the tension between them

Was it Jack that shot Daniel or did he just find him?

I'm not liking Declan and I think the actor who plays him was better in GG even if he had few scenes

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Just catching up now on this and it is way better than Ringer, love the staredowns between Victoria and Emily/Amanda you can see and feel the tension between them

Was it Jack that shot Daniel or did he just find him?

I'm not liking Declan and I think the actor who plays him was better in GG even if he had few scenes

Yes, i rewatched that opening scene, it's Jack from the bar....who knew Amanda when she was young, he has her dog Sammy. No doubt they'll hook up and fall in love etc., i suspect that is why Jack shot Emily's fiance Daniel, i don't think it'll be part of Emily/Amanda's revenge.

I also HOPE that they do a major twist on the whole revenge campaign!, it would be brilliant IF it turned out her dad was a really shady guy and was just as bad as the people she is taking down.

The pilot line about "when embarking on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"....that isin't some random line, i think there be ultimately a huge cost to Emily as well.

• Advertisement

Yes, i rewatched that opening scene, it's Jack from the bar....who knew Amanda when she was young, he has her dog Sammy. No doubt they'll hook up and fall in love etc., i suspect that is why Jack shot Emily's fiance Daniel, i don't think it'll be part of Emily/Amanda's revenge.

I also HOPE that they do a major twist on the whole revenge campaign!, it would be brilliant IF it turned out her dad was a really shady guy and was just as bad as the people she is taking down.

The pilot line about "when embarking on a journey of revenge, dig two graves"....that isin't some random line, i think there be ultimately a huge cost to Emily as well.

Or Daniel could be Emily/Amanda's half brother :p

Now that The Playboy Club is dead, Revenge moves to my #1 choice show, so expect me pushing the show more :-)

Revenge - week 3 ratings, holding steady! :D
    Expect a full season pickup pretty soon ;)

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/10/ratings-news-6th-october-2011.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Have to say I'm enjoying it.
    (The fact that Emily VanCamp is easy on the eyes, also helps.) :D

Possibly NSFW: http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/5966/emilyvancampz.jpg

Just seen ep. 3 there....Emily x'd another douche off her list, the DA who shafted her father, while not the most epic takedown it did shed light on the fact there is more then one revenge story going on!

Namely Victoria, she was sending the emails and got Erin to come to the party, ergo she is on her own revenge patch as well as Emily/Amanda. Also of note is that Declan had a revenge story as well!...and using Nolan by proxy! :eek:

But he didn't use the footage of Adam cheating on Charlotte, so yeah...this means there are more revenge stories going on besides Emily.
    Not the most gripping episode but it did solidify the fact Victoria has Emily in her crosshairs.

One great scene though was Emily setting up Daniel at the resturant! :D - ha!, i knew that guy would be related to the waitress he almost killed in the accident. The show is somewhat slow paced but there is still plenty going on to keep you entertained. Also of note...the gun Emily has...it's the same gun Jack used to kill Daniel in the pilot!!

Twas the weakest of the three thus far but it's still holding my interest :)

• Advertisement

Absolutely adore the soundtrack to this show.

Great news. Finally some happy tv reporting.

Excellent 4th episode....the video played during the tea party was awesome!!...the jaws dropped on all them real housewives, what the fudge is Tyler upto with Daniel?...did anyone get any gay vibes from him?....like he's obsessed with Daniel, or is he on his own mission of revenge against Daniel?

Emily x'd another one off her list, taking down the therapist in epic style while also putting the suspicion on Victoria....well played!, very meaty as well...great flashbacks that fleshed things out alot and explained why Victoria wanted Amanda commited + why Amanda wanted her x'd out....loving Nolan more and more!

Also noteworthy....they have started in on the Daniel vs. Jack thing....this might well go on to explain why Jack killed Daniel in the pilot. Papa Grayson is upto his old (shagging) tricks again, while there seems to be some possible fumblings with Vicky and her fixer.

That was a much stronger episode then last week, great tv!

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/revenge-recap-season-1-episode-4/3/

http://www.hamptonsexposed.com/#3

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Elohim

I'm actually liking this show, Victoria is well cast.

I also now understand that revenge is not best served cold, but with nifty hacker skills. They're all at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Excellent 4th episode....the video played during the tea party was awesome!!...the jaws dropped on all them real housewives, what the fudge is Tyler upto with Daniel?...did anyone get any gay vibes from him?....like he's obsessed with Daniel, or is he on his own mission of revenge against Daniel?

Emily x'd another one off her list, taking down the therapist in epic style while also putting the suspicion on Victoria....well played!, very meaty as well...great flashbacks that fleshed things out alot and explained why Victoria wanted Amanda commited + why Amanda wanted her x'd out....loving Nolan more and more!

Also noteworthy....they have started in on the Daniel vs. Jack thing....this might well go on to explain why Jack killed Daniel in the pilot. Papa Grayson is upto his old (shagging) tricks again, while there seems to be some possible fumblings with Vicky and her fixer.

That was a much stronger episode then last week, great tv!

http://tvrecaps.ew.com/recap/revenge-recap-season-1-episode-4/3/

http://www.hamptonsexposed.com/#3

Just got around to watching episode 4. I dont think that Jack shoots Daniel during the engagement party. I reckon he just finds the body. If you look at the scene in the first episode where the hooded figure shoots Daniel it is very very similar to the hooded figure (which was Amanda/Emily) standing outside the container where the therapist was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

This is my favourite new show of the year. Just watched all first 6 episodes this week, and now I have to wait for a new one :( Life sucks! With a 22 episode season, it'll be interesting to see how they'll spread out the few months that remain until the night Daniel is shot.

I'm even questioning whether Emily/Amanda had anything to do with shooting Daniel. She wants to ruin everyone, not kill them. I'm really interested in finding out what Daniel did to her too, as I don't believe she's just using him to get at his parents.

Does anyone else think that Daniels best bud wants to be more than just friends? I think he's got a thing for Danny boy there. Also, he's definitely some sort of fraud. Maybe it's him that shoots Daniel?

• Advertisement
Advertisement