Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

1st in and now back to just lurking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

anyone think cleverly will start 2mro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

anyone think cleverly will start 2mro?

Maybe not tomorrow, probably Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Hope so, stuck him in my FF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,508 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

In before SeanB with 'De Gea looking dodgy, but hoping for the best but clearly not good enough but hope to be proven wrong but doubt it' comment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'll make myself known in here early so. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Have an inkling that SAF will bring Carrick back in for Monday night.

Hopefully Modric and Huddlestone are missing. That would seriously deplete Spurs' threat from midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Shiny new thread. Cool.

Now if only there was a way to filter out all talk about De Gea for about a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

It be the first Monday I be looking forward to in some time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

besty wrote: »
    Have an inkling that SAF will bring Carrick back in for Monday night.

Hopefully Modric and Huddlestone are missing. That would seriously deplete Spurs' threat from midfield.

SSN reporting Modric to be back for it, I'd say he'll be starting, if for nothing else than to increase their standing in the transfer saga

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

excited to see how well Jones and Smalling do on Monday. Any idea who'll play in midfield? I reckon Anderson will play again with Carrick if he's fit and then Cleverley if Fergie goes with 5 in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

eugeneious wrote: »
    excited to see how well Jones and Smalling do on Monday. Any idea who'll play in midfield? I reckon Anderson will play again with Carrick if he's fit and then Cleverley if Fergie goes with 5 in midfield.

ye me too, i think smalling will be at full back again but it doesnt bother me he's playing well there.

i hope evans captures some form from this game to be honest because just like SAF said he's gotta a lot of experience lets hope he can do the business and play well again kind of feel sorry for him he's become a bit of a whooping boy the last season or 2, i think people forget he's still pretty young but again pretty experienced for his age... i think if he bulked up a bit he could be great, seems very lightweight at times for a cb imo.
    Maybe not tomorrow, probably Monday.

ye that would make sense alright :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭markc1184

Question for those of you that stay overnight when heading over to matches, which hotels or b&b's do you use? I usually stay in the Ramada but looking for a bit of a change next time I head over. Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭b.o.m.d.a.s.

Glory glory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I'm calling it now 2-1 united, after being 2-0 up leaving us with a nail biting final 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

amazing stats,if we were to go for modric we would actually be strengthening spurs..........

Since moving to White Hart Lane ahead of the 2008/09 season, Modric has made a total of 91 appearances in the league for Spurs. However, despite his undoubted talent and ability to create from the centre of the pitch, Tottenham have actually performed better without him, registering a 52% win percentage when he hasn’t featured compared to a 43% figure when the star has appeared.

Spurs’ points-per-game average also rises in the absence of the schemer (1.74 per game without Modric compared to 1.57 with the player) while even the north Londoners’ potency in front of goal improved without the Croat. When he has featured, Spurs have netted an average of 1.40 goals per game compared to the superior figure of 1.74 when he hasn’t appeared at all.

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/europaleague/news/opta-stats-europa-league-playoff-hearts-spurs-preview-00887/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

markc1184 wrote: »
    Question for those of you that stay overnight when heading over to matches, which hotels or b&b's do you use? I usually stay in the Ramada but looking for a bit of a change next time I head over. Any suggestions?

If you want cheap and easy, the Ibis is in the city central, straight across from Chinatown.

Just checked the Ramada for the United Sunderland game on the 5th of Nov. £71 the night before and £125 the night of the game. Is this always the way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Vidic out for a month is a massive blow so early in the season , if Rio does start the spurs game who's going to be his partner in the centre , Evans ,Jones or Smalling ? who would ye like to see ?
    Personally with Smalling still covering for Raheal , I think we will see Evans start but would like to see Jones...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Heres hoping De Gea has a stunner tomorrow anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Here's hoping he has nothing to do :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

killwill wrote: »
    Just checked the Ramada for the United Sunderland game on the 5th of Nov. £71 the night before and £125 the night of the game. Is this always the way?

http://www.iknow-northwest.co.uk/greater-manchester/manchester-city-centre/budget/all_types/bed_and_breakfast/

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Vidic out for a month is a massive blow so early in the season , if Rio does start the spurs game who's going to be his partner in the centre , Evans ,Jones or Smalling ? who would ye like to see ?
    Personally with Smalling still covering for Raheal , I think we will see Evans start but would like to see Jones...

I really doubt we will see Rio fit for Monday. If he is I reckon this is the line out.

DDG
    -Sma-Rio-Jones-Evra-
    Carrick
    ----Cleverley-Ando---
    Nani
    Young
    Rooney

I think I recall SAF saying it will be a back for of
    Smalling, Jones, Evans and Evra though but I could be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭markc1184

killwill wrote: »

Yeah it usually is, my cousin used to work there though so we got it an awful lot cheaper than that. She's not working there now so that's why I'm looking for somewhere different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Guys what's the story with Smalling starting ahead of Fabio for RB? Surely Fabio's pace would be an asset against Spurs. It seems strange that Smalling now seems 1st choice RB.

Yeah it usually is, my cousin used to work there though so we got it an awful lot cheaper than that. She's not working there now so that's why I'm looking for somewhere different.

Zerks link looks like a great link. Will try it tonight cause I am having a bit of difficulty with it at work right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Guys what's the story with Smalling starting ahead of Fabio for RB? Surely Fabio's pace would be an asset against Spurs. It seems strange that Smalling now seems 1st choice RB.

I'd say we need Smalling's height against the likes of Crouch. Fabio would just get beaten in the air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

This should be interesting especially without Vidic and Rio in front of him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I was half thinking myself that maybe Fabio should play right back as he would be more nimble than Smalling(who is 6'4'' I think) and would be able to deal with Bale better.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Fergie was throwing a curveball saying Smalling will play RB.

We could see

Fabio----Smalling----Evans
    Evra

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement