Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

OMG first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Omg second

Inb4 Carrick hate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I love the smell of new thread in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,626 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Spud83 wrote: »
    OMG first.

last season the same

must be nice knowing the boss :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

inb4 transfer muppetry :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Seventh! Oh wait that's spurs' league position! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

The road to title no.20 starts here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I'm in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

David de Gea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    inb4 transfer muppetry :pac:

just about mate im about to go in!:D

i have a funny feeling fergie wont sign any cm's and come out with the im happy with the squad and signings iv made bullsh*t.

we need to strengthen the midfield no excuses, if we want to be up there with barca and win the euro we have to do this.

united have missed out on modric now simply because chelsea have got involved and united wont get into a bidding war with them because it will make them look like they are broke simple as.

fergie dont leave us down with the cm.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

waheeeyyy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,942 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I hope United fail miserably next season.

=first hate post/biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,826 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Still didn't sign a CM........

I heard Wes Brown got an injury in the time it took to shut the old thread and open the new one.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

eagle eye wrote: »
    I heard Wes Brown got an injury in the time it took to shut the old thread and open the new one.

I heard Phil Jones is the greatest 19yr old united have signed from Blackburn this summer. Cheap as chips too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Headshot wrote: »
    last season the same

must be nice knowing the boss :D

oh god I didn't even know that, I've a sad life.

lordgoat wrote: »
    I heard Phil Jones is the greatest 19yr old united have signed from Blackburn this summer. Cheap as chips too.
    Well I do think he is going to be a star and if he stays at United and succeeds he will be a future Captain there, he has those qualities you want in a leader on the pitch.

I do hope I'm wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

*Looks around and sniffs*...

*Carries on with the topic*
    Fellaini's a dirt tracker compared to Modric, Sneijder or Schweinsteiger.

He's a good Premiership player but not good enough to be Manchester United's first choice central midfielder (in our quest to compete with Barca).

I agree that he is less skillful compared to those lads. But a player can still be tidy on the ball and good enough in that aspect of the game to help us achieve our goals without being as skillful as those guys. They would be excellent, but they would almost be overkill when you consider the price and difficulty of getting them. We don't need someone who can unpick defences, we already have that in Rooney and Berba, we just need someone who can keep us ticking over and link our brilliant defence and our brilliant attack. Then the team will start functioning properly and all the excellent fighting spirit, self belief and skillful players that we already have will really shine.

On the point of our quest to compete with Barcelona, I'd like to point out that we don't need to play like them in order to compete with them. We do need to be able to hold onto and use the ball better, I definitely agree with that. But there are lots of players who could help us do that - not just the world class creative players like you mention.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭goddevil

You're making up for the loss of BERBA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

HAHAH for the .5 second that it took to open I BELIEVED :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Fellaini and javi Martinez would be 2 cracking signing,would give our front 4 a great platform to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

united have missed out on modric now simply because chelsea have got involved and united wont get into a bidding war with them because it will make them look like they are broke simple as.

Or maybe Modric and his wife are happy in London and no offer from United will change his mind. The "broke" argument is simplistic and just wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

yabadabado wrote: »
    Fellaini and javi Martinez would be 2 cracking signing,would give our front 4 a great platform to play.

Martinez would be my dream signing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

In b4 2nd page and MagicMarker ban! That was so cruel, I knew it wasn't true and I still bloody clicked.

Can't wait until the end of the transfer season :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,941 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

(crawls out of lurker cave to sub thread)

(crawls back in)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Hopefully this works out as well as your 'Heat in 5' prediction :cool::pac:

It's pretty much guaranteed to happen with Blackburn, isn't it?

• Advertisement

eugeneious wrote: »
    Martinez would be my dream signing...

he is a class act,looks to have all the qualities to make it in EPL.Cant see him getting a move to the big 2 in spain anytime soon so england could be a move he would make.

jaysus,mink-man wont go down without a fight.
    EDIT:IRISHIRISH post deleted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Is Ashley Young home yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Has anyone heard that Berbatov won't be signing a new contract ?

Some sly scouse fan has put a tag in this thread!

Grrr

Grrr
    saw that,can it be deleted?

• Advertisement

Only by the person who did it.

Go and do 2 each in their thread... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,626 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Grrr

its pretty funny that they had an earlier tag called "we go a thread before you"
    such a fail :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,174 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

well the ones the utd fans put in the pool one on day one were... so yeah;)

Headshot wrote: »
    its pretty funny that they had an earlier tag called "we go a thread before you"
    such a fail :D

Ha, eejits!

It's pretty much guaranteed to happen with Blackburn, isn't it?
    How do you mean?

Are you saying that Rovers will fail miserably next season? I'm not too hopeful tbh with our current manager but failing miserably for us is being relegated. Finishing in the top half of the table is a great season.

I mean I didn't just pick a successful team to follow when I started following a team. I picked a team that I knew somebody playing for and I've stuck with them.

Most people in this country just pick a successful team to follow which is glory hunting really regardless of what age they are when they start following them. Lots do it in the UK too in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Wahoooo new thread :D

(Yes i know i'm an hour late!)

How do you mean?

Are you saying that Rovers will fail miserably next season? I'm not too hopeful tbh with our current manager but failing miserably for us is being relegated. Finishing in the top half of the table is a great season.

I mean I didn't just pick a successful team to follow when I started following a team. I picked a team that I knew somebody playing for and I've stuck with them.

Most people in this country just pick a successful team to follow which is glory hunting really regardless of what age they are when they start following them. Lots do it in the UK too in fairness.

Yeah i meant Blackburn will fail miserably.

I've supported United since i knew what Football was and i'm from that general area so that makes your point moot. Also we didn't win anything for the first 10 years so that's hardly glory supporting now is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

inb4troll

oh wait....

Yeah i meant Blackburn will fail miserably.

I've supported United since i knew what Football was and i'm from that general area so that makes your point moot. Also we didn't win anything for the first 10 years so that's hardly glory supporting now is it?
    You say you are from that 'general' area, so why did you pick United then. There are loads of clubs in that general area but you picked the biggest club. I'm not criticising you for it either, its human nature I think to want to support the biggest team. Its just that I wouldn't support a team because they are big or successful, I'd need some good reason to support any team. Like to have lived there or know somebody that was playing for them at the time or something else. It would have to be more personal for me than just that they are big and/or successful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Lovely new thread yipeeeeee!!

Looking forward to another entertaining season with lots of ups with a few downs.
    Hopefully we sort out the lack of goals and creativity in midfield and then we go on and win our 20th title.

You say you are from that 'general' area, so why did you pick United then. There are loads of clubs in that general area but you picked the biggest club. I'm not criticising you for it either, its human nature I think to want to support the biggest team. Its just that I wouldn't support a team because they are big or successful, I'd need some good reason to support any team. Like to have lived there or know somebody that was playing for them at the time or something else. It would have to be more personal for me than just that they are big and/or successful.
    Who are your friends that play Boston Red Sox or Boston Celtics?

You must rub ankles with the best of them.

My Dad took me to United games when i was a small child...

Is that ok? am i off the hook?

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Who are your friends that play Boston Red Sox or Boston Celtics?

You must rub ankles with the best of them.
    I lived there for a good few years. You might notice they are all Boston teams.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I lived in Manchester for a weekend once.

Why didn't you pick lesser teams then?

Or were you just attracted to the bigger teams?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement