Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who would you bring back to your team?

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Maybe the God he was referring to was Paul McGrath? who would IMO party harder then spiceboy Fowler any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Maybe the God he was referring to was Paul McGrath?
    That's what I thought originally but according to Wikipedia, it was the Aston Villa fans who gave him that nickname, not the Man Utd ones.
    who would IMO party harder then spiceboy Fowler any day.
    :confused: Err, okay, you do know Paul McGrath is an alcoholic right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,272 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

malice_ wrote: »
    Okay, I'm going to have to ask, who's the Man Utd player that was nicknamed "God"? A quick Google search hasn't thrown up any concrete evidence.

Cantona.

Tauren wrote: »
    Cantona.
    Really? All of my Man Utd supporting friends called him "The King" or "King Eric". They never referred to him as God.

I guess it's not going to turn out to be someone like Paul Parker or Clayton Blackmore then? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭jem

oh who to pick,
    lauro or hansen at the back, barnes on the wing or maybe highwayor even whelan, souness or molby in the middle, king kenny or rush up front, so many to chose from.
    Torres covers for rushie, alonso for molby, aggar may in time be a lauro/hansen so sort of down to 3
    barnes/souness/king kenny.
    we need flair on the wing, we need a true general in midfield and who wouldn't want king kenny up front to link with torres. flip of a coin in a lot of ways.heart goes for king kenny, but I think we need the wing flair more at the min so would go for digger, I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

I guess it's not going to turn out to be someone like Paul Parker or Clayton Blackmore then? :)

Always surprises me the way Clayton Blackmore's name gets mentioned in that context. He was actually a very good player. Paul Parker I was never a fan of.

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Always surprises me the way Clayton Blackmore's name gets mentioned in that context. He was actually a very good player. Paul Parker I was never a fan of.
    I just picked two players off the top of my head. I never liked either of them :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Those AIG abbreviations were funnier around the time of the Champions League final last season when it stood for
    Almost
    In
    Greece

:)

So the question is why would you bring him back to Man Utd if he's already there?

It also stands for

Another
    Inzaghi
    Goal

Also relevant around the time of the Champions League final last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

:rolleyes:

nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Archimedes wrote: »
    It also stands for

Another
    Inzaghi
    Goal

Also relevant around the time of the Champions League final last year.

But its not relevant, because it has nothing to do with united!

• Advertisement
Advertisement