Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

[FPL] - GW28 Transfers

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,984 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Out with Sess and Richards and in with Drenthe and Enrique for me

• Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ok so at the moment im looking at 3 transfers this week and taking a 4 point hit.

A liverpool defender for Kompany either Skrtel or Luis.

A cheap to mid range midfielder to replace Sess.

And Rooney to replace Aguero.

I was bit tempted by Suarez but he seems a waste.

So any ideas what i should go ahead with??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Ok so at the moment im looking at 3 transfers this week and taking a 4 point hit.

A liverpool defender for Kompany either Skrtel or Luis.

A cheap to mid range midfielder to replace Sess.

And Rooney to replace Aguero.

I was bit tempted by Suarez but he seems a waste.

So any ideas what i should go ahead with??

Enrique, Sig, and Rooney sounds good to me. If you already have Sig, McClean seems like the obvious one to replace Sess.

That's the "safe" swapping, anyway. I'll leave the differentials to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,076 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

carlcon wrote: »
    Enrique, Sig, and Rooney sounds good to me. If you already have Sig, McClean seems like the obvious one to replace Sess.

That's the "safe" swapping, anyway. I'll leave the differentials to others.

Reason i was thinking of maybe Skrtel is because he seems to be in a bit of goal scoring form of late but Enrique is cheap.

I dont have Sig or McClean but im unsure cause one is playing City and other is playing Liverpool.

Surman for Norwich has been mentioned good few times around the web.

Reason i was thinking of maybe Skrtel is because he seems to be in a bit of goal scoring form of late but Enrique is cheap.

I dont have Sig or McClean but im unsure cause one is playing City and other is playing Liverpool.

Surman for Norwich has been mentioned good few times around the web.

Surman is decent, but I'd personally put him on the second tier of cheap midfielders, behind Sig and McClean. If you're looking to Norwich, I'd advise spending the extra bit for Pilkington.

Fair enough, Swansea have a tough game this week, but long-term, none look better right now than Sigurdsson, IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

So do I go with Vorm/Caulker or Krul/Simpson for the weekend. Not really expecting either to keep a clean sheet but what combo could/would/should be best?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I'd go with the Swansea lads

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

Got in Holt, might make him captain.

manual_man wrote: »

I've be changing it all week so your reasoning would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Dempsey wrote: »

I've be changing it all week so your reasoning would help.

Lol. Swansea have generally been excellent at home all season. City haven't scored half as many on the road as at home. Arsenal have been scoring for fun at the Emirates recently. Newcastle have been poorer recently in defense compared to early on in the season

Anything else :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

I've been changing my mind all day but whatever the reasoning, in reality, it's unlikely either will keep a clean sheet so I think I'll go for one of each.

So do I go with Vorm/Caulker or Krul/Simpson for the weekend. Not really expecting either to keep a clean sheet but what combo could/would/should be best?

One team is away to RVP. The other isn't.

Hope that answers your question. :pac:

carlcon wrote: »
    One team is away to RVP. The other isn't.

Hope that answers your question. :pac:

Normally that would be enough but Arsenal were knackered by the end against AC Milan and Ox/Walcott went off with knocks. Arsenal have a weak bench tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 34,029 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

How many Liverpool and Everton players have ye for this DGW?

I just have 1 in Enrique.

Should I try to get another? Have 2 FT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I think there's a serious amount of value midfielders now. Seriously thinking of transferring Silva out for a cheaper alternative

I would think seriously before doing that if I was you. I've seen it happen a lot where he maybe doesn't get an assist or a goal one week and thousands transfer him out only for him to make them look foolish a few days later. I think he's well worth the extra few bob.

*Obviously you are thinking seriously because you said you are! But think again, is what I'm saying...

How many Liverpool and Everton players have ye for this DGW?

I just have 1 in Enrique.

Should I try to get another? Have 2 FT.

I've only Enrique, I see nobody thats a must have in that Liverpool team.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,029 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I've only Enrique, I see nobody thats a must have in that Liverpool team.

same here, I don't really think it's worth points hit to maybe bring in somebody like Suarez.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

-Ade- wrote: »
    Just looking into it there finally, seemingly have to take at least a 4 point hit to bring in the one player I want. Ugh!

Need to offload Lindegaard I think as soon as possible now. Been getting away with him for long enough. Valencia has his problems. Richards I kinda want out as he's been a disaster since I brought him back in when Kompany is suspended. With it being a DGW, want to bring in Skrtel too. So it could be a 8 point hit quite possibly.

Valencia -> Chamerblain

Really considered Rosicky though it has to be said. Looks like his Dortmund self the past few games. Also remembered Ox picked up a knock vs Milan >_< Damn tiredness.

Kun -> Rooney

Rotation worries me tbh, more so than missing out on Rooney's goals dare I say.

__

Also, if Richards wasn't fit I'd have probably bit the bullet for Skrtel for these 2 games alone.

Chamberlain? Are you starting him?

Arsenal have a bunch of midfielders that could really do something good between now and the end of the season. I've made a point of avoiding them because they're no doubt going to be infuriating, whether it's because of rotation and inconsistency.

Chamberlain can either be a great purchase or a bench warmer. Next season he'll probably be a top 1st team player, with a decent FF price too... but I don't have the balls to gamble on him at the moment.

I'd wish you luck with him, Ade... but I just saw who was 2nd in the Board league. Red card please! :D

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Chamberlain? Are you starting him?

Yup. Unless people here know something I don't ie: him definitely not starting/not playing. As eluded to above, tiredness caused me to forget about his injury last Wednesday :/

I can't remember who it was, but somebody a while back was keeping track of their points hits, and weighing up gains/losses as a result.

I'll be doing the same myself this GW.

Aguero > Rooney
    Toure > Young
    Ba > Pogrebnyak

- 4 points to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,789 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

mailburner wrote: »
    works out perfectly for me
    can leave richards in now and swap kompany for skrtel and
    two transfers also this week for me
    not going anywhere near suarez...no thank you, dgw or not

well that went well :pac:
    gutted that few in my leagued took on suarez and three of
    the top four captained either skrt or enrique (i capt skrt)
    so the other lad could fire ahead with rvp

got reina in then and benched mig
    wonderful stuff altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Even if Suarez doesn't score against Everton I'll keep him until at least after the Wigan/QPR games. If he can't get good points against them theres no hope for him!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

I don't fuc*ing believe Lescott!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement