Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revenge [** Spoilers **] ABC - US

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Everyone hails the finale a triumpth!.....best season finale this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭squonk

Everyone hails the finale a triumpth!.....best season finale this year.

Oooh! Can't wait! I'm so delighted this show delivered right til the end. It's been my favourite so far from the new batch!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,044 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Now that was a finale :cool:

No way is
    Victoria dead or Jack the baby daddy
    I think

A few other sites seem to suggest Michelle Pfeffier is the popular choice by fans for the role of
    Amanda/Emily's mother

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

What a season finale. Great way to end the season. Looking forward to Season 2 now.

Have to agree that
    Victoria is most likely still alive, there is still a lot left for her character. Charlotte will survive as well., thought her talk with Victoria about revenge was brilliant. It makes sense that Amanda is back, would not be surprised also if it was not Jack's baby. Daniel also fully returning to his old ways with Ashley. Also glad that Nolan survived, he had some great lines in this episode. The mother dimension will be interesting, casting Michelle Pfeffier would be an excellent coup.

All in all, Revenge has been one of the best shows on TV this year. For a show that could easily have veered into cheesy storylines it instead became one of the most compelling shows to watch. Bring on Season 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Finale had overtones of Prison Break for me personally

• Advertisement

I loved the finalé! One of the strongest episodes from any series this year! Edge of the seat stuff! No way is Victoria dead. I've been trying to figure out how she got out of it. The way she looked just before she boarded the plane would suggest she was about to turn back or that she knew something. I wonder has she brokered a deal with the white haired guy? It'll be much less of a show if Victoria isn't there really.

She really was the only one who was a match for Emily! I loved the scene with the engagement gift. Was I the only one going 'What's wrong with these people that they haven't opened their presents already? I'd have had the wrapping off them all as soon as the crowd were gone!' :)

How did Emily get out of those handcuffs so quickly? Looks like Emily VanCamp can do action! She morphed into Sydney from Alias for me once she showed up with the axe!

Like everybody else I don't think Charlotte is dead or that Jack is the baby daddy either. I'm just waiting to see what Emily is going to do about it! Amanda has to be for the chop sooner or later! She's like a bad smell at this stage! Emily can't have much use left for her, especially now as she's making a fine effort of stealing Jack from Emily.

I loved how they moved Charlotte from sweet misguided teen to Victoria-in-training :) I really hope she survives at this point because she might have a lot to contribute next season.

My only reservation is the wider conspiracy that has been introduced. There was something great about Season 1 with Emily being on the inside subtly but deliberately destroying the Graysons and I'm hoping they can keep that feeling next season. I just hope they can keep the quality up. The show hasn't flagged all season and the finalé was like a regular episode on steroids! They've set a high bar and I don't mind if the early S2 eps return to normal pace but I'm just hoping they can maintain the quality. It's really the only show that I'm seriously looking forward to already!

I really want Michelle Pfeifer to show up too!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭jc84

Just gotten round to watching the last episode, best season finale ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Tazzer

The best episode by far!!! They really did pull off an amazing finale, one of the best Ive seen in a long time.

check out this interview with the creator:

http://tvline.com/2012/05/24/revenge-season-2-spoilers/
    There are at least three people in jeopardy, and one that you didn’t know about.
    So the 3 are Victoria, Charlotte and Lydia....

Anyone any idea who the other one might be?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.ie/ustv/s186/revenge/news/a371295/revenge-to-air-on-e4-in-the-uk.html

E4 has picked it up and will air it later this year

RTE also has picked it up

Starts tonight at 9pm on E4 I'd recommend to all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

That was a great ending! Funny that Sydney Bristow got a mention on the thread, because the whole movement of the storyline had me in mind of Alias and it does look like Amanda could move into that role in Season 2 (and she certainly had the moves) if there's a bigger conspiracy at play. And of course the mother possibly being part of the conspiracy is another nod to Alias.

Surely
    Victoria
    cannot be dead. I actually had the ending totally wrong - I was sure that Amanda or Victoria was going to meet David Clarke and his death was going to turn out to be a ruse. Definitely looking forward to this coming back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Just starting this show after watching the E4 promos and they got me interested. Also im a little bit in love with Emily VanCamp, so when i saw her as the main character i had to give it a look.

Only 5 episodes in but its pretty good so far, has a decent pace. My only worry is it might get a bit repeptive and she will run out of people to get even with as shes going through them pretty quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

just watched the first episode on t4

V good if the next ep is good might just dload it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Saw the 1st ep on E4 and downloaded the rest,am on ep 14 within 2 days. It is just like a soap in ways, it is by no means quality but just a turn your brain off bit of entertainment that is enjoyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Seen the first Episode of this over the weekend . Really enjoyed it .

Should a second 'Irish Pace' thread be opened for Revenge? There's a lot of spoilers in this thread for newbies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

VinLieger wrote: »
    Just starting this show after watching the E4 promos and they got me interested. Also im a little bit in love with Emily VanCamp, so when i saw her as the main character i had to give it a look.

Only 5 episodes in but its pretty good so far, has a decent pace. My only worry is it might get a bit repeptive and she will run out of people to get even with as shes going through them pretty quickly

After the 5th or 6th episode
    they drop the victim-of-the-week, and move to a more overall arc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

After the 5th or 6th episode
    they drop the victim-of-the-week, and move to a more overall arc

Yup finished it there yesterday, was a productive bank holiday weekend :)
    Very good series, look forward to season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 24,150 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Just finished this last night having only started into in at the weekend. Really feel this could be another Prison Break: where something that would have made a fantastic 1 season show gets dragged out and ruined by the network looking to cash in on it's popularity.

Hope I'm wrong of course but finally seem to have the other half interested in The Wire so that'll keep us busy in the meantime :D

Starts on RTE 2 next Tuesday night

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ZedsDead

Does anyone know what that song is on the RTE2 trailer for this? Sounds a bit like Florence & the Machine but don't think it's one of hers. Doing my head in!

• Advertisement

Wondering that myself actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭mcmacness

I was wondering too and I posted in the "Whats that song?" thread. Someone kindly told me its Marina and the Diamonds "Numb" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Wow what a finale . When will season 2 be starting ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Wow what a finale . When will season 2 be starting ?

Late September on ABC - US :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Starts on RTE 2 next Tuesday night

Ooh! I might check this show out then.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭mcmacness

Watching downloaded episodes of it now, am on episode 13 of it at the minute, I love it! It's so addictive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

is this on netflix usa people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

That song on the RTE trailer is unreal. Good start to the show. Small bit confused at times though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

donfers wrote: »
    is this on netflix usa people?
    No, and it probably won't be until some time after the dvd release(think late August).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Finally after making it through this.
    Hasn't the "not really dead" angle been done to death though? I was kinda hoping for that trope not to be dredged up.

Advertisement