Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hibernian FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,734 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Wow, Hibs lose on pens.

What a horrible way to go down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

The second tier of Scottish football is going to be interesting next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I feel sorry for The_Kew_Tour, but Accies totally deserved this.

Bit of a shock to see both Hibs and Hearts down.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Jelle1880 wrote: »

Potential spanner in the works for Rangers as well.

Think I'll watch the Championship next season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Don't forget Falkirk. It'll be tough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,977 ✭✭✭Soups123

Championship will be more competitive than the Prem.

Never thought I'd see the day Rangers, Hearts and Hibs would drop out of the top flight.

The performance from the Hivs players today was shocking

1269259657_omg_cat.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Camac Hibs wrote: »
    Cheerybye Fenlon, nice guy but totally out your depth at Hibs. Please leave before you do any further damage.
    Always thought Fenlon did a pretty decent job at Hibs and didn't get the credit he deserved.

I don't think anyone could have envisaged their total capitulation under Butcher, but still, it underlines what Fenlon achieved with pretty limited resources.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Potential spanner in the works for Rangers as well.

Think I'll watch the Championship next season!

It'll definitely be a very competitive league, can't see Rangers do what they've done in the last 2 seasons.

It'll definitely be a very competitive league, can't see Rangers do what they've done in the last 2 seasons.

Do you think it puts more pressure on the board (rangers)to sign players increasing the bills and in turn more pressure on the fans to buy the season tickets now?

• Advertisement

I think, and I may be open to correction but all season tickets can be refunded now as they were based on playing in the premier division. I think the sales may have to start all over again.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/staticFiles/90/a5/0,,10290~173456,00.pdf

shezer wrote: »
    I think, and I may be open to correction but all season tickets can be refunded now as they were based on playing in the premier division. I think the sales may have to start all over again.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/staticFiles/90/a5/0,,10290~173456,00.pdf
    Yeah sorry was referring to Rangers

But yeah would think Hibs would have to refund

The last I heard, Rangers were only accepting cash for season ticket sales.

shezer wrote: »
    The last I heard, Rangers were only accepting cash for season ticket sales.

There was something about fans not doing that and putting in it some supports trust to drip feed payments game on game ( prob not a discussion for a Hibs thread )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

Soups123 wrote: »
    Do you think it puts more pressure on the board (rangers)to sign players increasing the bills and in turn more pressure on the fans to buy the season tickets now?

I will be very surprised if Rangers sell enough season tickets they have already extended the deadline. The fans now realise the only way to see change at Ibrox is to starve the spivs out.
    As has been said though this is not the place for that discussion

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Would this situation mean that the Championship is now worth more TV money than the Premiership? Edinburgh derby, Rangers continuing journey up the leagues, three big clubs fighting for 1 automatic promotion and 1 playoff spot etc. I can see more potential rights revenue than on offer in the Premiership tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Shows what a massive result Cowdenbeath got in their play off to stay in the Championship (for 1 more season at least). Should secure the Blue Brazil future for a few years with so many bigger teams in the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Am absolutely disgusted. When Butcher took over we were 7th. He's managed a single win in 19 Games.

Pat Fenlon was clearly under rated, compared to Butcher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,967 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Wtf, did Hibs not hammer them away ?

Beat them 2-0 but didn't hammer them.Their Player/manager Alex Neil was very positive after the first leg.He had a plan and stuck to it.He knew if they got the early goal then hibs would fall apart

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

PauloMN wrote: »
    Would this situation mean that the Championship is now worth more TV money than the Premiership? Edinburgh derby, Rangers continuing journey up the leagues, three big clubs fighting for 1 automatic promotion and 1 playoff spot etc. I can see more potential rights revenue than on offer in the Premiership tbh.

Given the revelations of the past week, it'll probably just cost the SPFL less to have rangers matches shown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well that was fun.

I'm fine right now, absolutely fine.

Not upset at all.

I'm perfectly fine.

We are Hibernian Fc
    We don't give a **** about Sky TV
    We can't win a thing not even a cup
    That why we let Hamilton up

@ old firm, hearts and other fans.

Slag me away. Don't feel sorry for me or club.

We deserve a punch in face after this season.

While Pat Fenlon has come across as a class act since he left club I would not blame him if he had a little giggle himself after today.

Cheers.

I know shezer here goes to number of games he be better fan then me in past few years and think few others mention they go regurly too.

Agree totally about Hamilton deserving it.

We bottled it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

First goal was critical, we get it game over they score and we crap all over ourselves,we have been pathetic for the last four or five years,getting to cup finals papered over the cracks,hopefully we can re group like we did in '99 although I won't hold my breath

The day Hibs learn to market themselves in Ireland will be the day the club starts prospering

@ old firm, hearts and other fans.

Slag me away. Don't feel sorry for me or club.

We deserve a punch in face after this season.

While Pat Fenlon has come across as a class act since he left club I would not blame him if he had a little giggle himself after today.

Well, in that case.

33ac9298469c61997147766bab03102f.jpg

Supposedly from the hospitality at Easter Road :p

fw36ue.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hibs sack Butcher.

In ideal world Collins would be the man to take over. Maybe not so now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭eire4

In ideal world Collins would be the man to take over. Maybe not so now.

Seems more likely that he will end up as Celtic new assistant coach.

Advertisement