Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offical HP Touchpad case for £5 - delivered!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

My order to ireland got cancelled ,so I ordered again new account,with an address in England,got posted today to English address

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭cas2kx

Signed for by 'MARTIN' at 08:22 on Wednesday 22nd February.
    Who does this 'Martin' fella think he is signing for my case.... Guessing i'll be getting a refund soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Anyone happen to get them today?

What did you guys do about a refund, or was it automatic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭lau1247

the so called "Martin" signed my package.. so back to HP it is..

I'm curious about refund situation also.
    Didn't get any refund yet according to Paypal site.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

so i ordered on the 17/02

got my confirmation this morning

logged into the HP site and all it says is "New Order" under my order number

are we thinking that all BT1 1aa orders will be sent back ?

say it aint so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Here was my story

1) Tried with the Belfast post code and it got declined with a mail stating they don't deliver to southern ireland
    2) Have a sister living in England so put her address as the delivery address and my own one as the billing adress. Still got declined stating both addresses had to be the same
    3) Got onto my sister and she kindly ordered it for me for the £5. Will get it in mid March when she comes over

They tried to beat me but failed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Bozacke

lau1247 wrote: »
    the so called "Martin" signed my package.. so back to HP it is..

I'm curious about refund situation also.
    Didn't get any refund yet according to Paypal site.

I think many of us want to know "Who is this Martin?"

Well, I found him...

Martin.jpg

Has anyone gotten a refund yet or had any commucications with HP about a refund?

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Nelson_haha.jpg

Had to be said :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

moodrater wrote: »
    idiotic picture

:confused: Really? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

moodrater wrote: »
    Nelson_haha.jpg

Piss off Martin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Bozacke wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten a refund yet or had any commucications with HP about a refund?

I got refunded the day after cancellation.

Hi Gambiaman,

Thanks for the reply, but yours was a different case. Your order was cancelled before shipping. My order and many others went to Northern Ireland and then went back to England. I've e-mailed HP, but as of yet I haven't received any reply.

So has anyone who had their order shipped to Northern Ireland and was then shipped back to England and never received it received a refund or at least a response from HP?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

I emailed HP, they replied saying no one was home and they will re attempt delivery. (They didn't try) Going to let them send it out again, I've got nothing to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭somakasvh

I just checked the tracking page for my order and it has been updated this morning:
    09:07 Thursday, February 23, 2012 Goods Delivered
    01:30 Tuesday, February 28, 2012 Arrived at Delivery Depot
    07:18 Tuesday, February 28, 2012 Goods loaded onto a van
    08:46 Tuesday, February 28, 2012 Goods Delivered

POD Date: POD Time: POD Signature:
    28/02/12 08:46 PETE
    23/02/12 09:07 MARTIN

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

somakasvh wrote: »
    I just checked the tracking page for my order and it has been updated this morning:

Same here.
    I'll give HP a shout at some stage.

I emailed HP and they gave me the option to have the package re-delivered, sent to a new location or get a refund. I went for the refund. Now I just got a notice from PayPal saying “HP Store just sent you a partial refund of £4.99 GBP for your purchase”, since the original purchase price was £5 GBP. So it cost me £0.01 GBP, not bad considering they tried to deliver it and the package was shipped across the Irish sea and back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭lau1247

Bozacke wrote: »
    I emailed HP and they gave me the option to have the package re-delivered, sent to a new location or get a refund. I went for the refund. Now I just got a notice from PayPal saying “HP Store just sent you a partial refund of £4.99 GBP for your purchase”, since the original purchase price was £5 GBP. So it cost me £0.01 GBP, not bad considering they tried to deliver it and the package was shipped across the Irish sea and back.

how did you word your email??

I'm just more worried about them saying that it is our fault that we have intentionally put the wrong address

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

Hi lau1247,

I was worried about the same thing, that's why I'm not concerned about the £0.01 GBP service charge. :)

I sent this mail first "My item hasn't yet been received, but when I check the tracking information it indicates the item was delivered. Can you confirm the delivery status?"

Then they replied: "This order has come back to us today to the warehouse at tracking reference no XXX as delivery failed a few times. Please let us know if you want the order to be sent back to you or you prefer a refund."

Then I replied: "Yes, please refund me."

The sad thing is, HP was probably spent more than £5 GBP on this with shipping costs and their time for processing, tracking, correspondence and refunding me. My only justification is, they shouldn't have excluded us from the bargain in the first place. :)

• Advertisement

Acceptance and Returns

Your acceptance of the products occurs upon delivery of the products and will be presumed unless you notify HP through our Call Centre, as soon as reasonably possible and in no event later than 30 days after delivery, that the products have been delivered in inoperable or otherwise defective condition. In such cases you should contact our customer service agents on 0845 604 29 21 between 9 a.m. and 5.30 p.m. Monday to Friday (free call charge applies). If this notification occurs, HP shall pick up such products and, at its option, either replace them or refund the amounts you paid for such products. HP may test products upon return and charge you any costs incurred by HP in case you wrongly claimed that returned products were inoperable or defective. In the case of products that are built to order, HP will carry out a repair. If that is not possible, the full value of the products will be reimbursed to the customer.

Return of products purchased under a special offer or promotion or as part of a bundle may be subject to specific conditions, as described herein or otherwise communicated to you. No refund is allowed for individual products purchased as part of a bundled or under a voucher promotion jointly with other products, but HP will either (i) replace such individual product or (ii) have returned the whole product bundle or the whole order and refund the amounts you paid. HP reserves the right to get reimbursement of any promotional discounts applied on other products you purchased and you kept with you when such discounts were granted based on purchases of any other product returned to HP which price is being reimbursed to you.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Africa wrote: »
    Acceptance and Returns

Your acceptance of the products occurs upon delivery of the products and will be presumed unless you notify HP through our Call Centre, as soon as reasonably possible and in no event later than 30 days after delivery, that the products have been delivered in inoperable or otherwise defective condition. In such cases you should contact our customer service agents on 0845 604 29 21 between 9 a.m. and 5.30 p.m. Monday to Friday (free call charge applies). If this notification occurs, HP shall pick up such products and, at its option, either replace them or refund the amounts you paid for such products. HP may test products upon return and charge you any costs incurred by HP in case you wrongly claimed that returned products were inoperable or defective. In the case of products that are built to order, HP will carry out a repair. If that is not possible, the full value of the products will be reimbursed to the customer.

Return of products purchased under a special offer or promotion or as part of a bundle may be subject to specific conditions, as described herein or otherwise communicated to you. No refund is allowed for individual products purchased as part of a bundled or under a voucher promotion jointly with other products, but HP will either (i) replace such individual product or (ii) have returned the whole product bundle or the whole order and refund the amounts you paid. HP reserves the right to get reimbursement of any promotional discounts applied on other products you purchased and you kept with you when such discounts were granted based on purchases of any other product returned to HP which price is being reimbursed to you.

That's all fair and well, but nobody here has actually received anything!

I know that. And you probably wont. And it says there that you will have to CONTACT them otherwise they assume its fine.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I know that. And you probably wont. And it says there that you will have to CONTACT them otherwise they assume its fine.
    That's not what it's saying. It says that upon delivery you accept the products are working and not defective. However if they are not, it is up to you to contact HP and report a problem.

We haven't received anything yet, and the contract has not been completed.
    Your acceptance of the products occurs upon delivery of the products and will be presumed unless you notify HP through our Call Centre, as soon as reasonably possible and in no event later than 30 days after delivery, that the products have been delivered in inoperable or otherwise defective condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Lads,

We tried to hoodwink HP into delivering to a country outside the terms of their offer. We got caught and we've probably cost HP way more than £5 in shipping costs, return shipping costs and handling/paperwork costs for re-stocking.

I for one won't be wasting my time trying to contact them to get my £5 back :o

It was a gamble which didn't come off. End of story.

Ben

Meh, i'll see what happens, then i'll fire off an email to get my £10 back. Can't see there being an issue getting money back.

There's no issue, you just need to send a simple email to HP asking for a refund and they'll send it to you.

That's not what it's saying. It says that upon delivery you accept the products are working and not defective. However if they are not, it is up to you to contact HP and report a problem.

We haven't received anything yet, and the contract has not been completed.

Well, after contacting them, they are going to offer a refund or try ship again. So Im perfectly happy doing so and I think that others that actually want their product or refund should do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Well, after contacting them, they are going to offer a refund or try ship again. So Im perfectly happy doing so and I think that others that actually want their product or refund should do the same.

This whole thing is going to cost them a fortune!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Does anyone have an email address or did you call them?

Advertisement