Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

About last night...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Sprrratt

Haven't played that since COD4, good craic. I'd be up for that.

Sure i'll sort it out next time we have a full party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Mike Myers?

I do like the Hide n Seek game I read on Boards before. That and Dodgeball :D

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Mike Myers?

I do like the Hide n Seek game I read on Boards before. That and Dodgeball :D

Mike Myers is hide and seek yeah. One person (Mike Myers) is the killer, everyone else has to run around until last man standing and he can then kill Mike Myers. The last man standing from the previous round is Mike Myers for the next round. Looks like great crack.

Theres also another game called Hostage. Hostage is basically a search and destroy game and 1 person from 1 team goes to the other teams spawn at the start of each round. They cant kill the hostage and must protect him from the team in search of him. The hostage's purpose is to stay alive in the crossfire whilst staying in the enemys base but also moving about regularly. If the hostage dies the team in search loses. Friendly fire is enabled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

This is taken from a couple of weeks ago , dont usually post up losses but this game was immense with both team s playing the game the way it was meant to be played. Unfortunately i dont think there was anymore i could have done to switch it around. I t was the only game we lost that night and probably the most enjoyable. If its not fully proccessed watch on 480 or 720 its perfect on that setting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Shammy wrote: »
    This is taken from a couple of weeks ago , dont usually post up losses but this game was immense with both team s playing the game the way it was meant to be played. Unfortunately i dont think there was anymore i could have done to switch it around. I t was the only game we lost that night and probably the most enjoyable. If its not fully proccessed watch on 480 or 720 its perfect on that setting.

Oh, remember that game, was i giving off much on the mic ? No sound here :(

Love close games like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Weekend baby ! Hopefully we can get a few parties going over the next few nights! :)

LakesKeane wrote: »
    Weekend baby ! Hopefully we can get a few parties going over the next few nights! :)

During the day Saturday ill be hungover and ready to bottom the leaderboards :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Im busy all weekend, but I'll have the dual comm up to keep you's entertained :p

Tallon wrote: »
    Im busy all weekend, but I'll have the dual comm up to keep you's entertained :p

A whole 10 minutes converts to a weekend :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Oh man, watching that makes me want to be playing the game right now!! :D Nice work although wtf happened with your first predator missile and the 'reconnect controller' business? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Anyone up for a game tonight?

PSN: kluniq

There shall be a few games played this weekend! :)

Mike Myer's hopefully if there's a party going? Never played it and from what Sprrratt says it sounds fun

I'm on now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

As usual lads I'll be on bout 12 hopefully if I'm not immersed in Brother's In Arms.

Had one of the fluckiest shots of my life there. Was in Overgrown down by the spawn with the blown up tank. Crouched in the little dip in the ground near the edge of the map, saw a guy in the barn with thermal intervention. Shot and missed, but +100 flashed up. Looked at the killfeed because I was sure I missed, turns out I hit a claymore and it killed him. Dodgy luck for him, if only I had it recorded. :D

• Advertisement

Have a 5-man party going now :)

LakesKeane likes this ...

LakesKeane likes this ...

That kill didn't count as a stuck :( Never got a stuck GWK before (or the title/emblem)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

Do ye need another?? psn irishal31

JeanClaude wrote: »
    Do ye need another?? psn irishal31
    Add me . I'll inv ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

Add me . I'll inv ya

Cheers LakesKeane, I went on straight after posting here but within 20 mins I got so pissed I had to turn it off. :mad:

JeanClaude wrote: »
    Cheers LakesKeane, I went on straight after posting here but within 20 mins I got so pissed I had to turn it off. :mad:

Frustrating night for me too. Trying to find matches, lag,noobtubers with oma and whatnot. Black Ops cannot come fast enough.

I might be on tomorrow night. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Fúcking L2 button broke so silly me tried to do a DIY job on it now my L1 button is fúcked :( what a stupid ejit :pac: :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Sorry I bailed in the middle of the CTF game last night my net went bananas and by the time I got it back I wasnt arsed about playing again, might be on for a while tonight at some point though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

Yeah sorry as well for the bail, just cannot stop playing Brothers In Arms Hells Highway, much more entertaining!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Have to offer my apologizes for bailing as well lads. While my connection is obviously ****e it's just about manageable in other games including COD4 but goes into loco overdrive on MW2.

The scores reflected how bad it was, rusty I was and how uninterested I was tbh. I was hoping to play FIFA and once my two mates were online I jumped. Really not used to being that down in the leaderboard(no matter how bad the connection) and couldn't settle on a gun neither at all.

Anyone notice me killing myself repeatedly? Everytime the lag was really bad I just killed myself out of frustration. But when I did try to play seriously, for example on Wasteland TDM I javelin'ed myself twice and I got 3 back to back hitmarkers with the Intervention(probably due to lag) :\ My best score was 12 and 4 + highest streak was 5 I think. So again, sorry. I'll try and give it a bash later on, hopefully things will improve :pac:

That kill didn't count as a stuck :( Never got a stuck GWK before (or the title/emblem)

Had me in stiches, proper unlucky mate.

I'll be off MW2 for two weeks from monday, I will be annihilated the first game I play when I get back :(

Anyone know how much the ps3 controllers in xtravisions are :o.

Had me in stiches, proper unlucky mate.

Turns out all it needs to be is a Semtex kill, not a stuck one, nevertheless it didn't count. Funny though :D

• Advertisement

Redzer7 wrote: »

Probably some gaming accessories(including controllers) behind counter I reckon.

~45 iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,020 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

If you are near argos they are €39.95 for the official Dualshock controller.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5660830/Trail/searchtext%3EPS3+CONTROLLER.htm

Playing Dom with Lakes and Jtc. Stuck on the nuke for the craic, rocking out with a OMA Hardline to OMA DC (for harriers and CG). Got Harriers, then Chopper as harriers were out. Host Migration... FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I'll be on a bit later(around 9 maybe 10 hopefully) if my mates aren't on FIFA. Stuck in work atm.

I'll be on a bit later(around 9 maybe 10 hopefully) if my mates aren't on FIFA. Stuck in work atm.

Where do you work?

Oh and Fifa, eww. :p

Where do you work?

Oh and Fifa, eww. :p

Behind the bar in a rugby club somewhere in Dublin. You work yourself Lee?

Behind the bar in a rugby club somewhere in Dublin. You work yourself Lee?

Nah man :(
    Last proper job I had was summer of the JC working in a sign/vinyl shop, easiest job ever. €8.65 an hour (very good for a 14 year old) doing very little most of the time, making "stop" signs and signs for auctioneers. Now I just help my dad do the milk in supermarkets the odd hour on a weekend.

Really need to get a proper one this summer, or I'll "an hero" through boredom.

If I went to your pub, would I get a free pint? *blinks eyes and puts on pouting lips* :D

Lakes and I were playing TDM on Strike, 5 v 1 for 9 mins and 50 seconds. As soon as the countdown timer started, the teams turned 6 and 6 >.<

on now for a while

• Advertisement

I'll be on for a bit now too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

anyone on now? im jsut home, pretty twisted and up for a game or 7!!! beyz!!!!

Kersmash wrote: »
    anyone on now? im jsut home, pretty twisted and up for a game or 7!!! beyz!!!!

Headin on now

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Tommy_NDX

Sprrratt wrote: »
    Headin on now

Im on if ye're doin a party

Apologizes Lee, I eventually got online last night but 40 minutes after you(and Krudler) went offline.

Pub was calling after work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Had to rage wuit there, im too hungover

I'll be on in a while if annyones up for a party

Demolition or something

• Advertisement

Went into Xtravision earlier and asked how much a Ps3 controller was.
    60 FÚCKING euro :eek:. It's 39 euro in Argos.

Went on there but nobody was playing bar HS who was not available. Bastardos :pac:

Everyone is on FIFA or MOH.

I'm catching up on lab write ups due for collection Tuesday/Wednesday. :(
    Seems alot of people have left Mw2 for Fifa and the likes recently. Hopefully we'll get a few epic parties going once BO comes out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

Went on there but nobody was playing bar HS who was not available. Bastardos :pac:

Everyone is on FIFA or MOH.

I just jumped on but you were gone off :pac:

I just jumped on but you were gone off :pac:

My bad. I just played 6 games of TDM and was so bored despite finally having a good connection. Topped the leaderboards in all but one so I haven't completely lost the plot YAY :) Anyway maps I played

Fuel -> Fuel -> Overgrown -> Fuel -> Skidrow -> Fuel

Like wtf! :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement