Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Congratulations thugs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TuamSham

QHR wrote: »
    To be honest with ye all, all of ye badmouthin da hootrats and pmp no absolutly nothing about any of them!!
    Yer all claimin 2 be da good 1's sayin what deyr doin is wrong , ever hear da sayin dont judge a book by its cover??
    Other ppl have done da same things as them bu since theyr seen as a gang its made out 2 be 10times worse!! Pathetic!!
    None of the hoodrats were involved in what happend sunday night so stop accusin them makin them seem way worse then what they are!! Every fool dat wears a hood dese days are automatically a "hoodrat" bu no, dats not it at all!!
    Da hoodrats are a group of close friends who stick 2gther thru thick and thin, "dat what friends are 4"...
    Nd they dont wait to be in groups to jump and attack as yer claimin they have fought and blagarded individually aswell bu its nly when theyr as a group ye notice it, nd it takes two people in an argument so its half the other parties fault aswell...
    Nd da only reason da hoodrats, pmp etc... are noticed as much as they are is because edjits lik ye think ye kno this nd that bout them nd are carrying, spreading and adding to stories which is worse ...
    If yer so worried bout yer beautiful town den stop f**ckin makin it out 2 be worse den what it is...
    Nd heres somthin ye didnt kno, da "hoodrats" didnt put that name on themselves it was other locals then gomie's lik ye made it stick!!
    The tuam hearld, the star etc...Wrote what they heard, which was what the town wer sayin!!
    Ya nd we kno what a hoodrat means in a different countrys but guys wher in ireland, tuam as ye all are aware of so ha slag what da other meanins are nd da joke is on ye cus dats not what it is ere!!

Qhr so you think the hoodrats are Innocent. All the people that have being Defending the hoodrats are talking complete nonsense!???

Boxing someone in a niteclub is a crime. Ive seen ye (especially ONE off the hoodRATS member) Just go up to a random person and box them on the sly.
    On the 13/05/2010 the hoodrats turned up at tuam school grad (some off them were intilted to be there) and i seen one member off the hoodrats come out off nowhere and box a lad from Dunmore in the eye. Whats yere excuse now hoodrats? I predict ''He is a dirty farmer from Dunmore''
    Ok one box isint too bad, but the same person boxes a different lad on the sly again (randomly). Its not to bad to hit someone when there looking but just boxing someone when there not looking is a COWARDS game.

On the same night there was 3 other lads bet up (by hoodRATS) and i heard rumours of a hoodRAt beating up a bouncer. This Resulted in the grad being called off two hours early and getting throwing out (The hoodRATS that were fighting it wasnt even there grad) Selfish and cowardly behavior!

This is just one night and i could tell a lot more stories about the ''hoodRATS'' but i have better things.

And plus ye act all innocent that SOME older lad gave ye the the name hoodRATS and its not yere fault ye get the blame. why does it say on yere facebook pages ''Hoodrats rule Tuam''

This is an example from one off there pages
    HOODRAT 4 LYF!!!!
    HOODRATS RULE TUAM!!!
    COROFIN BOYS AN DUNMORE BOYS ARE RATS!!!

Now what is yere excuses? We all want anwsers and were fed up off ye saying ''Dont believe anything you read in the paper''
    Ive seen ye beat up people on the sly simple as!

Answers HoodRats?

Was passing through Tuam awhile back and stopping to go into a shop some little prick ran into me and then started to threaten me. Went on with some crap about how connected he was, how he would cut me up, etc. I merely laughed as i walked away and he and his friend hoped into a supped up piece of crap that was blaring The Venga Boys are Coming, not exactly cultivating an image of hard men. They drove off with one of them hanging out the window shouting something about Hoodrats forever at an old woman. I wonder if any of them actually know what a hoodrat is?

Here's a song which may slightly illuminte what exactly a hoodrat is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭hoodrats

Was passing through Tuam awhile back and stopping to go into a shop some little prick ran into me and then started to threaten me. Went on with some crap about how connected he was, how he would cut me up, etc. I merely laughed as i walked away and he and his friend hoped into a supped up piece of crap that was blaring The Venga Boys are Coming, not exactly cultivating an image of hard men. They drove off with one of them hanging out the window shouting something about Hoodrats forever at an old woman. I wonder if any of them actually know what a hoodrat is?

Here's a song which may slightly illuminte what exactly a hoodrat is.
    where did you dig that **** up from?
    must be some dunmore buffer that threatened you.

hoodrats wrote: »
    where did you dig that **** up from?
    must be some dunmore buffer that threatened you.

The song has nothing to do with the gang of twats from Tuam and no it wasnt no Dunmore buffer who threated me but a rather pathetic Tuam native who appears to be a member of the hoodtwats.

The song has nothing to do with the gang of twats from Tuam and no it wasnt no Dunmore buffer who threated me but a rather pathetic Tuam native who appears to be a member of the hoodtwats.

are you from england? "twats"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I have heard the term 'twats' used by decent Tuam natives to describe the silly gangs that are ruining the Town.

galwayrush wrote: »
    I have heard the term 'twats' used by decent Tuam natives to describe the silly gangs that are ruining the Town.

i,ve heard the name hoodrats used to describe a gang of sound biys from tuam who are fed up of interfering busybodies.

i,ve heard the name hoodrats used to describe a gang of sound biys from tuam who are fed up of interfering busybodies.

That is funny.:D Are the 'biys ' a type of hooker?

not as funny as this.

• Advertisement

Quote:
    Originally Posted by galwayrush

not as funny as this.

Yes, agree, i couldn't have put it any better myself:rolleyes:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by galwayrush

Yes, agree, i couldn't have put it any better myself:rolleyes:

youre a bit of a smart biy arent you.
    and where do you live? do you actually live in tuam or are you just posting on what you have read on here?

youre a bit of a smart biy arent you.
    and where do you live? do you actually live in tuam or are you just posting on what you have read on here?

I know a lot of people there, ;)

No I am not from England though I do speak the English language in a manner befitting the Queen.

You do realise that hoodrat is a derogatory term used to describe an individual (more often that not hiv positive) who engages in repeated sexual encounters with anyone willing to stick it in them. By calling your gang the hoodrats you are implying that the gang is made up of disease infested sluts.

Is it a requirement of the hoodratz that you have to be unable to spell properly?

So the hoodrats are bi who love to buff Dunmore lads?:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

What exactly does Mensa have to do with it?

Offy wrote: »
    What exactly does Mensa have to do with it?

Absolutely nothing, a point well proved by the lack of proper grammar and spelling ..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

amiable wrote: »
    Don't even bother with him mate. Just ignore people like him. He's thriving on trying to annoy people

Love how the user name and post go well together there! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Not being from Tuam this is the first I've heard of these wannabe sham gangsta's. I think its the funniest thing I've heard in ages. Its beyond parody.

Stky10 wrote: »
    Not being from Tuam this is the first I've heard of these wannabe sham gangsta's. I think its the funniest thing I've heard in ages. Its beyond parody.

Indeed, but be careful, if you upset them, they might break into your back garden and spray mis spelt graffiti on your bed sheets if you leave them on your washing line.:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

The amount of ad hominem in this thread is amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Hilarious stuff!

Quick question: Whats a buffer?

These little Shitheads obviously need to get a life. I see boredom and coming from a disadvantaged background are being touted almost as excuses by some people. Well, everyone I know doesn't go around smashing up stuff and scrawling graffiti all over the place whenever they are bored. Down right pathetic stuff here.

Hoodrats, hah! I laughed when I heard that name! I can imagine it went down like this:

Scumbag 1: "Hey biys! Yer man over da way dere called us hoodrats!
    Scumbag 2: Hu? Da Buffer?
    Scumbag 1: Yeh! Wen he saw us all ridin' each udder he did! Dunno wah it means biys! D'yas?
    Scumbag 2: Dunno! Sounds like it mite be from GTA or summit!
    Scumbag 1: Hey! Tawt we agreed tha GTA wud be refered to as de bible!!
    Scumbag 2: Oh yah! Dat will be our new name biy! Lets go spray it, so all dese buffers will knw wa' we are!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Any Gardai who want IP numbers, contact us.

As for the rest.... Father Ted couldnt make this up. Hoodrats... lol, a gang named after homosexual rentboys.... played! :rolleyes:

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

a buffer is a farmer and was used by the fellas in des bishops "joy in the hood" when he did the show in tuam...

minks are scumbags from tuam....

mink_man wrote: »
    a buffer is a farmer and was used by the fellas in des bishops "joy in the hood" when he did the show in tuam...

minks are scumbags from tuam....

if i said something like that i would get a ban.
    plenty of discrimination going on here.

So why is there a need for a "hoodrats" group?

So why is there a need for a "hoodrats" group?

the hoodrats is a peacuful group of friends who live in the same area of tuam.
    what is been said here is discriminating against us just because we are called the hoodrats. most of the trouble in tuam is caused by buffs and we end up getting blamed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

You'd swear to christ Tuam was some sort of metropolis with the way ye are going on...... with your Dunmore, buffers, farmers etc.
    What's Tuam only out in the country itself.

The 'hood me hole. The only hood most of you lads see is when ye drop your trousers for a piss.

Forget playing the discrimination card, just step back, look in the mirror, and shape up....... or else a life of "discrimination" awaits.

mikom wrote: »
    You'd swear to christ Tuam was some sort of metropolis with the way ye are going on...... with your Dunmore, buffers, farmers etc.
    What's Tuam only out in the country itself.

The 'hood me hole. The only hood most of you lads see is when ye drop your trousers for a piss.

Forget playing the discrimination card, just step back, look in the mirror, and shape up....... or else a life of "discrimination" awaits.

no smell the point your missing is the buffs are all ganging up on us because we are in a minority and thats not fair.
    we are the same as everyone else but are getting discriminated against we are from a poorer area of tuam.

no smell the point your missing is the buffs are all ganging up on us because we are in a minority and thats not fair.
    we are the same as everyone else but are getting discriminated against we are from a poorer area of tuam.

What people are doing is recognising that the supposed gang you affiliate yourself with is little more than a collective of barely literate scum who enjoy causing trouble, vandalising the town and starting fights with random people.

• Advertisement

no smell

Has your nose been cut off to spite your face?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Your attitude and the literacy of your friends will ensure you will remain in the "poorer" area.

litaricy

;)

Your attitude and the litaricy of your friends will ensure you will remain in the "poorer" area.

you must have come from a poorer area too so. "literacy".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 tuamboy15

Rightttt what????

Do you know them??
    Have you ever had an encounter with any of them??
    Your awful quick to judge mikom, that not a very good personality trait??

Yeah ive had an encounter with one.
    Only willing to do something with his friends nearby.
    My brother is sound with a few of em but they dont know im his brother but i cant be bothered goin around lookin for a fight so i dont go like
    "yeah look who my brother is lads"
    Its just pointless even doing what there doing.
    Some of em are sound but then some of em are absolute scum

Hey!!!!
    Its not nice pickin on the illitirate kids :P

the hoodrats is a peacuful group of friends who live in the same area of tuam.
    what is been said here is discriminating against us just because we are called the hoodrats. most of the trouble in tuam is caused by buffs and we end up getting blamed.

For the love of god ive gone to school in tuam for 4 years.
    Dont even tell me youre peacefull.
    By god the amount of things ive heard and seen in tuam i would never expect to see again in any other town/city/country or god dam continent on this planet.
    I guarantee ya if ya told me youre name i would know exactly who ye are
    I personally dont have a problem with anybody in tuam but its just when people go around lookin for fights its kinda hard to ignore.
    Ive been in three fights all of em with minks and i didnt start a single one of em.

Most of ye are far from peaceful

goat2 wrote: »
    how long did you sepend at school, reading your post, i question what you learned,
    1 learn
    2 dont join gangs, stupid, silly.
    3 respect others
    4 make your parents and community proud of you
    5 respect others property, and your home town
    6 help others if you can

double-facepalm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

Nope, i live in a 4 bedroom detached house and drive an 08 audi a4.

Enjoy knockin back your cans by the side of the road;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 QHR

goat2 wrote: »
    how long did you sepend at school, reading your post, i question what you learned,
    1 learn
    2 dont join gangs, stupid, silly.
    3 respect others
    4 make your parents and community proud of you
    5 respect others property, and your home town
    6 help others if you can

Actually smarthole, The correct spelling would be "spend" if thats what you were trying to spell. Being the 3rd youngest in my whole year I finished school with the highest marks/percentages in my whole class, completed my first year of college and am going back to do my second year this september. What have you done?? My parents, friends, family and accquaintances have the world of respect for me and likewise the other way around. Bet you thought different. Im from a highly respected and very well known Tuam/Monivea based family and no thats not just what I think thats well known. My parents own my home house 5bedroomed and Im currently living in an enclosed, closely knitted neighbourhood .Im well known myself and have never been in any trouble with the law and prob never will be. So go on try and be quick to pass judgement on me as quick as you are on to the hoodrats!!

The gangs in Tuam try too hard, like this guy.......:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 QHR

TuamSham wrote: »
    Qhr so you think the hoodrats are Innocent. All the people that have being Defending the hoodrats are talking complete nonsense!???

Boxing someone in a niteclub is a crime. Ive seen ye (especially ONE off the hoodRATS member) Just go up to a random person and box them on the sly.
    On the 13/05/2010 the hoodrats turned up at tuam school grad (some off them were intilted to be there) and i seen one member off the hoodrats come out off nowhere and box a lad from Dunmore in the eye. Whats yere excuse now hoodrats? I predict ''He is a dirty farmer from Dunmore''
    Ok one box isint too bad, but the same person boxes a different lad on the sly again (randomly). Its not to bad to hit someone when there looking but just boxing someone when there not looking is a COWARDS game.

On the same night there was 3 other lads bet up (by hoodRATS) and i heard rumours of a hoodRAt beating up a bouncer. This Resulted in the grad being called off two hours early and getting throwing out (The hoodRATS that were fighting it wasnt even there grad) Selfish and cowardly behavior!

This is just one night and i could tell a lot more stories about the ''hoodRATS'' but i have better things.

And plus ye act all innocent that SOME older lad gave ye the the name hoodRATS and its not yere fault ye get the blame. why does it say on yere facebook pages ''Hoodrats rule Tuam''

This is an example from one off there pages
    HOODRAT 4 LYF!!!!
    HOODRATS RULE TUAM!!!
    COROFIN BOYS AN DUNMORE BOYS ARE RATS!!!

Now what is yere excuses? We all want anwsers and were fed up off ye saying ''Dont believe anything you read in the paper''
    Ive seen ye beat up people on the sly simple as!

Answers HoodRats?

Not at all, but sham theyr not as bad as theyr made out to be...
    Your associating them as the hoodrats ya see...
    Why couldnt it be X hit Y rather than a hoodrat hit a dunmore lad??
    Perfect example of discrimination...
    If one "Hoodrat" member caused trouble then ya cant say it was the hoodrats because it wasnt it was one lad who is said to be a member of the infamous gang as such.
    Any proper Tuam lads on this know that the hoodrats would be the first to jump in to any argument yer involved in because they stick together and have never jumped theyr own.
    The farmers blame the hoodrats and the hoodrats blame the famers, never ending cycle.
    Iv been in the company of the hoodrats on numorous occasions and have seen farmers/buffers coming up asking them to fight or eggin them on to fight, calling them names and running them down just to get a rise out of them....obviously they'r going to step out if your looking for it. Thats another side to the story but ye dont see or hear this side.
    Then when the fight brakes out it was the "hoodrats" fault. Wheres the logic in that??
    If you dont care for the hoodrats what are you doing spying on their pages???
    I do agree though 110% that hitting a randomer on the sly for no reason is horrible and ridiculous behaviour bu then again its not just hoodrats that do that either like???
    This debate/argument/discussion what ever you want to call it is going knowhere.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

If one "Hoodrat" member caused trouble then ya cant say it was the hoodrats because it wasnt it was one lad who is said to be a member of the infamous gang as such.
    Any proper Tuam lads on this know that the hoodrats would be the first to jump in to any argument yer involved in because they stick together and have never jumped theyr own.
    The farmers blame the hoodrats and the hoodrats blame the famers, never ending cycle.
    Iv been in the company of the hoodrats on numorous occasions and have seen farmers/buffers coming up asking them to fight or eggin them on to fight, calling them names and running them down just to get a rise out of them....obviously they'r going to step out if your looking for it. Thats another side to the story but ye dont see or hear this side.
    Then when the fight brakes out it was the "hoodrats" fault. Wheres the logic in that??
    I do agree though 110% that hitting a randomer on the sly for no reason is horrible and ridiculous behaviour bu then again its not just hoodrats that do that either like???
    This debate/argument/discussion what ever you want to call it is going knowhere.........

1. they'r = they're
    2. couldnt = couldn't
    3. wasnt = wasn't
    4. famers =farmers
    5. numorous = numerous
    6. behaviour = behavior
    7. bu = but
    8. knowhere = nowhere

This thread is going nowhere if you can't admit that you are at fault as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Actually smarthole, The correct spelling would be "spend" if thats what you were trying to spell. Being the 3rd youngest in my whole year I finished school with the highest marks/percentages in my whole class, completed my first year of college and am going back to do my second year this september. What have you done?? My parents, friends, family and accquaintances have the world of respect for me and likewise the other way around. Bet you thought different. Im from a highly respected and very well known Tuam/Monivea based family and no thats not just what I think thats well known. My parents own my home house 5bedroomed and Im currently living in an enclosed, closely knitted neighbourhood .Im well known myself and have never been in any trouble with the law and prob never will be. So go on try and be quick to pass judgement on me as quick as you are on to the hoodrats!!
    apoligies
    thought you saw nothing wrong with people wrecking others properties
    was wrong so
    as for spelling, hit the wrong button
    what are you studying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 TuamSham

Ya sure why wouldnt i associate X and Y as hoodrats when thats what they call themselves. (on this and facebook and in general) Hows that Discrimination?
    You call the Countryside people farmers/buffs so is that discrimination? No it isint. I dont mind the hoodrats spray painting the town and fighting if someone accuses them or threatens them but hiting people on the random is just awful. I know other people do that But i have seen the hoodrats do it from the past 5 years from frenchies to Mantra(castlebar) to ballymac to the streets of tuam and at the Tuam schools grad. At tuam schools grad 3 members of the hoodrats(2 official hoodrats) hit a randomer. If i asked one member off the official hoodrats ''How many people have you hit at random'' he wouldnt be able count how many times and he is still not in jail. and what is so ironic about that is that on another forum on this site he said ''i have never thrown the first punch? I think you know who im talking about.
    Is this acceptable Qhr?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

Cant believe some of the **** im reading :p

little boys and girls in a little town who think they are hard! Simple as :rolleyes:

Derek83 wrote: »
    We purchased the from this website. They were very easy to setup and control. They are not as expensive as we first imagined.

Saving advertising money by shilling helps, I suppose......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Quick question: How old are these guys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

i think its time to grow up lads, ye arent in south central LA, we had lads around here that had a 'gang' burning out cars and damaging buildings, until they broke the window of the local church, then they got what they deserved and that was the end of that gang,

imagine needing a gang to fight off 'farmers' would ye wake up, ye are a laughing stock, a gang me hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Quick question: How old are these guys?

14-18 i suppose...maybe a few 19 y.o's? not sure tbh...

• Advertisement
Advertisement