Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Finally got my hands on an edge. got it with three for 749. Narrower than in used to coming from a note 3 but liking it so far

Have to wait until the unlocked mobile money comes back!

Enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Boradriver

monster1 wrote: »
    The Gear VR is back on the Vodafone store for 50 euro. Just purchased one.

Cheers for the tip, just ordered mine there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,386 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Managed to get an S7 Edge yesterday with Eir - was seemingly the only one the shop got in to stock. Got it in a meteor stor, but was ported over to Eir on to a MUCH better value deal. near €100 less for the phone on the same monthly payment as Meteor, and 6 months less on the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Trigg171

Well feck it I jumped on the Amazon Germany offer. €767 including delivery and phone I think will be coming from Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

Trigg171 wrote: »
    Well feck it I jumped on the Amazon Germany offer. €767 including delivery and phone I think will be coming from Italy.

Do you have a link for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tf2

How're people finding the battery life out of the s7 & s7 edge so far?

As a test this morning I had Google Maps running for two hours during my journey on the s7 and an iphone 6. The iphone 6 lost exactly double the percentage of battery that the s7 lost. Pretty pleased with it. (Having said that, the iphone 6 is 6 months old)

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭twinsen

tf2 wrote: »

As a test this morning I had Google Maps running for two hours during my journey on the s7 and an iphone 6. The iphone 6 lost exactly double the percentage of battery that the s7 lost. Pretty pleased with it. (Having said that, the iphone 6 is 6 months old)

I was expecting it to be better onestly. S7 is no match to my xperia z1c i had for two years, but there is no way I could go back. And I only have it since Tuesday.
    I find it discharge quickly with bad coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Keith186

Trigg171 wrote: »
    Might even have the Snapdragon chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

tf2 wrote: »

I find the battery life superb on my S7 Edge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Inquitus wrote: »
    I find the battery life superb on my S7 Edge.

How many hours screen on time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Keith186 wrote: »
    Might even have the Snapdragon chip.

Exynos in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

about 760 delivered from UK for the edge dual sim version here:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Samsung-Galaxy-S7-Edge-G9350-Dual-LTE-32GB-Blk-gf-EN-DE-IT-ES-FR-Sh-fm-UK-K1428-/351674964809?hash=item51e1761b49:g:OyQAAOSwu1VW4k1n

the gold one is about 40 quid cheaper from same seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

Guys where did you get case from for s7 edge? Does carphone warehouse has some stock? Or any other shop like vodafone or three? Don't feel like checking all day without luck...

Please any tips will help..

Need to protect this beauty asap.

Any screen prorectors available as well?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Managed to get an S7 Edge yesterday with Eir - was seemingly the only one the shop got in to stock. Got it in a meteor stor, but was ported over to Eir on to a MUCH better value deal. near €100 less for the phone on the same monthly payment as Meteor, and 6 months less on the contract.

Eir aren't meant to be giving new contracts to non Eir (home) customers. That's why you got the great deal. If you're an existing Eir customer you can continue with them though and get all the benefits, so basically. Stay on Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Can anyone recommend a screen protector? Bought a tempered glass one from Amazon but it doesn't fit the S7 properly due to the slight curve on each side of the screen.

Was going for a Zagg in Carphone but when they put it on it was covered in bubbles. Needless to say I didn't go with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Bikerguy wrote: »
    Guys where did you get case from for s7 edge? Does carphone warehouse has some stock? Or any other shop like vodafone or three? Don't feel like checking all day without luck...

Please any tips will help..

Need to protect this beauty asap.

Any screen prorectors available as well?

Thanks

I bought the offical samsung s view case from CPW on Henry st they had plenty of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

I ended up getting an Otterbox. I had one years ago and it was so big and bulky. They've come along a lot since then!! Got a screen protector too. Both in Vodafone store cost €55. Think i got a fiver off for buying both together. Screen protector is the plastic/glass type of one.
    Vodafone had a few covers for both S7 and the Edge in stock.

I'd also love to know where to get a wireless charging holder for the car.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

wuzziwig wrote: »
    I ended up getting an Otterbox. I had one years ago and it was so big and bulky. They've come along a lot since then!! Got a screen protector too. Both in Vodafone store cost €55. Think i got a fiver off for buying both together. Screen protector is the plastic/glass type of one.
    Vodafone had a few covers for both S7 and the Edge in stock.

I'd also love to know where to get a wireless charging holder for the car.

Got a s7 edge on Vodafone on my fathers upgrade.

Haven't tested yet if it's simlock,

If so, where's handy to get it unlocked in Dublin?

Hi Guys,

Trying to order on the Samsung site now but it will only let me select "United kingdom" for country in my billing address?

Was it the same for anyone else? Or did you just use your parcel motel addresses?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Have an s7 reserved in Argos to pick up on Tuesday. Really want the edge though. Wonder what's the chances they will be in stock soon?

Goin try call CPW in Enniskillen to see if they have any sim free edge in stock.

Don't really want to wait another week to try order from the uk again.

Patww79 wrote: »
    They'll only ship to a UK address so you'll need to use one of the redirect services. Check for definite first, but I'm near certain that people in this thread had success with Parcel Motel (there had been doubts as to whether Samsung would ship to them). I used An Posts service for mine but, even though I had no issues, I'd go with PM for the option of insurance.

Thanks, just tried with the parcel motel address and it keeps saying order error.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I got 7 hours screen time since yesterday evening, just plugging in now. Doze works a treat too. Auto brightness, adaptive display, watch connected, Bluetooth GPS and WiFi constantly on.

_

Do you have AOD enabled?

• Advertisement

Try paying with PayPal and add the address then.

Worked perfect. Thanks.

Advertisement