Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X Factor UK 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Oh and I saw a few people saying they missed the prediction league.

What would people think if we scrapped the votes for overall winner that have already been made, and let people cast again based on the final 12? It would mean the league would be more competitive and fun as more people will have been in with a chance from the start. Those who have already voted can change their votes if they wish.

I'll do up the scores for the final 12 for now anyway, and see what the consensus is about re-opening the vote for the overall winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

What would people think if we scrapped the votes for overall winner that have already been made, and let people cast again based on the final 12? It would mean the league would be more competitive and fun as more people will have been in with a chance from the start. Those who have already voted can change their votes if they wish.

I've no problem with that ibc. I'll stick with Sean but only fair everyone at least has a contender for the live shows makes it more interesting.

Totally agree with you about the girls category, dull is the word I'd use. The boys and groups are far more exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

As long as those who have already voted don't mind - it would be great to get the chance to cast my losing vote ibarely!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,547 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Why are people discounting the girls.

Surely Louisa is the favorite. Good voice., looks good and appears to be reasonably sane.

She looks like a pop star, she sounds like a pop star, and shes only 17! Louis would be 8n his element every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I think the girls are a little bit forgettable.Louise has a good voice but i dont remember the song she done.

I only remember Lauren because she has loads of hair.And the one i did like and remember they got rid off.

I think the boys have something for everyone and the overs arent bad.I really like Max,i think he could be the dark horse.

• Advertisement

Louisa is a great singer and seems lovely but I don't find her exciting in any way. I'd love if she could change that, but the girls song choices throughout the last few rounds have been attrocious, someone really needs to shake that up!

Max has a lovely tone to his voice, we haven't seen much of him though so hard to gauge if he has "star quality" /Louis.

I adore Anton too. So agree with dubstarr - boys and overs have the stand out performers from what I can see so far.

I think Anton will grate a bit,hes too happy.Its not normal.Im really starting to like Seann.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

[...]
    The presenting was an absolute shambles, at least twice the two of them were interviewing different people at the same time. Two presenters just doesn't work.

The two of them together seem so very clunky.
    I know they use the auto-cue for everything they say, but Dermot made it look more natural. These two are only short of running their finger under the words as they read out what they are saying.
    They should have stuck with the Xtra gig.

I think Olly would be much better presenting on his own.I think because the main show hasnt really got the fun element like its counterpart.They have to be more serious and i dont think the 2 of them work like that.

So when is Ben getting his mush in,is it next week.

Or will Olly do a Cheryl and mime when he is plugging his song.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

IBC I'm happy for others to get a chance to vote in the prediction thread. I'll stick with Louisa but may change before Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I've no problem with that ibc. I'll stick with Sean but only fair everyone at least has a contender for the live shows makes it more interesting.

Totally agree with you about the girls category, dull is the word I'd use. The boys and groups are far more exciting.

The league is only a bit of fun, start the winner voting again if it'll get more involved

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Oh and I saw a few people saying they missed the prediction league.

I'll do up the scores for the final 12 for now anyway, and see what the consensus is about re-opening the vote for the overall winner.

I have no issue with reopening the winner vote either.

I only made it by the skin of my teeth on Saturday myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

There's no doubt Louisa is one of the most talented left now, but my only concern would be that she won't connect with the audience.

I'd be willing to take a punt and say Lauren will be the last girl standing.

Ben is on the X factor this Saturday.Cant wait.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

dubstarr wrote: »
    Ben is on the X factor this Saturday.Cant wait.

Loving his new song!

Loughc wrote: »
    Loving his new song!

Yes he has released his tour dates not coming to Dublin.Pity cause i think he would be great live.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

The Xtra Factor is on ITV2 tomorrow from 7-8pm. I don't normally watch it so is this normal before the live shows (moved to Thursday) or is it to generate interest for a flagging show?

The Xtra Factor is on ITV2 tomorrow from 7-8pm. I don't normally watch it so is this normal before the live shows (moved to Thursday) or is it to generate interest for a flagging show?

Never heard of an extra extra factor. That is interesting, I'll do a root around and get back to you.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,782 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Never heard of an extra extra factor. That is interesting, I'll do a root around and get back to you.

Back in the old days of the xFactor there was a mid week episode of the Xtra Factor every week that used to follow the contestants around as they lived in the house/rehearse. It used to be brilliant as it gave great insight into what it was like for all of them living together.

I would love it if this episode was something similar but I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

CSMWdubWEAEvMtW.jpg:large

• Advertisement

Odds checker have Reggie and Bollie/Bupsi/Max as favorites to go on Saturday. Though I believe kiera will be in the mix with the girls votes going to Louisa. We will have to see.
    https://m.oddschecker.com/t/tv/x-factor

• Registered Users Posts: 85,663 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Loughc wrote: »
    Loving his new song!

Me too

Just hope he doesnt disappear in to oblivion.

Yay..........................

• Registered Users Posts: 85,663 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Can't we just bring back Wagner and Jedward?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is there only one?

Yes just one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Wait, how was she picked?!

No surprise there but just having one seems very very odd...I'll be very interested to see how they play this

Advertisement