Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My wife is dying

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Very sorry to read this. Best wishes to you all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Sorry to hear PTK,prayers are with you and your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

I'm so sorry PTK. I know you'll have no regrets. I'm going to climb into bed now and give my husband the biggest love. You've inspired us all. Mind yourself and take your time through this grief. You're a lucky man to have had so much love, as incomprehensible as that may seem now. Take care. X

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

Have been following your journey. The only words I have to offer are I am so very sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Sorry PTK, my thoughts are with you. Please, please send me a PM if there is anything I can do. Can be a soundboard, whatever. Look after yourself please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Tears in my eyes.

We were all rooting for her.

Now we are all rooting for you.

Take care of yourself and check in here and vent if you need to.

Cosmic hugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭axel rose

Ah no! I have no doubt that your love for your wife was as clear for her as it was for everyone who has supported you on this thread. I am convinced that she knew you loved her absolutely.

I am so so sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Trilogy

A long, hard squeeze of a hug for you ptk. There are no words x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Play To Kill

highly1111 wrote: »
    I'm so sorry PTK. I know you'll have no regrets. X

I do have a regret though, I know it doesnt matter now but I wish my wife didn't feel so afraid dying. My wife was a catholic and believed to the end that she was going to hell because she had an abortion when she was 15. In her last days of pain and suffering she was terrified of being punished when she died. I don't believe and I regret and I will always regret that I couldnt console her or assure her that there was no such place as hell. I regret that her last thoughts were full of fear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I do have a regret though, I know it doesnt matter now but I wish my wife didn't feel so afraid dying. My wife was a catholic and believed to the end that she was going to hell because she had an abortion when she was 15. In her last days of pain and suffering she was terrified of being punished when she died. I don't believe and I regret and I will always regret that I couldnt console her or assure her that there was no such place as hell. I regret that her last thoughts were full of fear

That's awful to hear- people should be more aware of the harsh words they use and the negative impact it has. I hope she is at peace now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭silverfeather

I know you being there must have been of some consolation. Try to think of her in happier times. Bereavement Ireland do a counseling service. 01-6768882 is there no. Also the Child and Family Agency

Block D
    Park Gate Business Centre
    Parkgate Street
    Dublin 8
    Ireland

Tel:(01) 635 2854

Reach out to your friends and seek help if you feel you need to.

Let go of regret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

I'm so sorry PTK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Just to add that she's a peace now - beyond the reach of worldly worries and pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

My condolences, PTK, thoughts are with you.

I am so very sorry. My heart actually jumped when I read your terrible news.

You were a wonderful husband. Your love shone through in every post.

Try to take care of you now
    xx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

So sad to hear that news PTK . My heart aches for you . Please look after yourself .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

My condolences.

For as long as you hold the good memories of your wife and best friend, she will always exist in the world reality of memory.

I wish you peace and good healing at this time.

Best wishes

Michael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭gavdolfini

May your wife rest in peace and you will see her again.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭fallen01angel

So sorry for your loss PTK,may she rest in peace.You have a tough road ahead,please don't be afraid to ask for help,even if it's just to rant.Thinking of you and your family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭Play To Kill

gavdolfini wrote: »
    May your wife rest in peace and you will see her again.

No offence but as I explained its this kind of belief in the here after that caused my wife so much emotional pain before she died, her belief in the here after caused her more pain than dying did. I have as much chance of seeing her again as she has of being punished for something she did s a child.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Very sorry to hear the news PTK, I remember seeing this thread when it first came up and genuinely hoped things would work out better for you. Take care of yourself.

I froze when I spotted an update in this thread. I'm so sorry play to kill. May your wife rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Chloris

Just read the thread this evening. I'm so sorry for your loss, PTK. My thoughts are with you and I hope your family and friends are there to support you through this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

I'm sorry for your loss PTK. Please look after yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

So sorry to hear about your loss Play_To_Kill. That's horrible news. Try and look after yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

I am very sorry to hear this.
    I am also a non believer. But just take a small bit of comfort that while she may not be in heaven, she is most certainly not being punished. She is experiencing no pain anymore and that fear she had is also gone.
    Cherish and remember the time you spent and be proud of her, but also in yourself for being so strong a battling on as best yous could.
    It may just be words on a screen from a stranger, but I'm laying here in bed and my thoughts are of you.

Take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

Ptk. Stay strong. U did everything u could. Shes not suffering anymore. Im sure youve got people around u who'll help u. Dont be afraid to ask a favour.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Like my others here I jumped when I spotted an update.. You looked after her in a most special way, now you must look after yourself, grief is a drawn out process, time doesn't exactly heal but it does make the scars easier to bear.. I'll be thinking of you often. Take care..

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Stinjy

Oh PTK, I really hoped for a happy update when I saw this in my threads, but you did everything you could! She is no longer in pain and you have, no doubt, some of your most amazing memories. Try to let go of the regret soon as there really is no way you could prevent that.

And while we may be strangers on a screen we're all here for you and there are services others have linked to.. it's ok not to be ok! Take care.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. :(

Advertisement