Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭MrWalsh

I've never had an M Mc signature on any of the deliveries I got to PM I'm afraid.

Yeah, Im wondering if the item was stolen, lost or damaged and Royal Mail just scrawled anything onto the proof of delivery and marked it as delivered?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

cacdit2016 wrote: »
    How long does a delivery usually take from the UK to Kerry?

It used to be overnight from Newtownabbey and that was one of the great strengths of PM. Recently they seem to have started to cluster items together and it can be 5-7 days.
    I'd love to know what exactly is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

Thu 19 Mar 5:01 Galway Package loaded on delivery van
    Not quite panic stations yet, but 10 hours later and still not delivered?

Intifada wrote: »
    Not quite panic stations yet, but 10 hours later and still not delivered?

Does this mean loaded on a parcel motel delivery van? No panic, if the motel was full it may not have gotten a spot.

Now I have another parcel from Amazon (ordered before my missing parcel went missing) showing as delivered this morning on Amazon but no sign of it yet on Parcel Motels website..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

MrWalsh wrote: »
    Does this mean loaded on a parcel motel delivery van? No panic, if the motel was full it may not have gotten a spot.
    I would be pretty fn pissed off though! What do they do, bring it back to Dublin? Can't they just ring and ask if you mind it dropped off to some other one?

Intifada wrote: »
    I would be pretty fn pissed off though! What do they do, bring it back to Dublin? Can't they just ring and ask if you mind it dropped off to some other one?

I dont know what they do but they definitely dont ring and ask if you mind it dropped off to some other one. Its usually just delayed to your same one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,519 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I noticed that Anazon parcels signed for in Belfast don't turn up on my Pm account the next day usually in the afternoon. I think they are now shipping out parcels down by train from Belfast. They used to truck it Down before.

I noticed that Anazon parcels signed for in Belfast don't turn up on my Pm account the next day usually in the afternoon. I think they are now shipping out parcels down by train from Belfast. They used to truck it Down before.

Yeah my one that was delivered this morning still hasnt shown up yet - but Ill be keeping a close eye given the missing one before it!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Golfwidow

MrWalsh wrote: »
    Yeah my one that was delivered this morning still hasnt shown up yet - but Ill be keeping a close eye given the missing one before it!

I don't understand why items are now also going to Parcel Motel Dublin Sorting Office. What happened to Newtonabbey? I have also been waiting days for a package to see (0nline) that it's now "in transit" but located in Dublin . My parcel motel is in Drogheda . Is there any way to contact the Dublin depot? I'd drive down and collect the parcel at this stage!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭golfball37

I've another one in the ether there. Delivered to NI two days ago no sign of it anywhere on PM system and they can't locate it.
    That's 3 outta 3 missing now for me so I won't be using it again.

golfball37 wrote: »
    I've another one in the ether there. Delivered to NI two days ago no sign of it anywhere on PM system and they can't locate it.

Yeah if my most recent one doesn't show I'm out too.

Tbh I've been using them a lot less anyway since a bit of a debacle my hubby had with them that took months to resolve.

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Anyone know why the one at Dun Laoghaire Ferry terminal was removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Grid. wrote: »
    Anyone know why the one at Dun Laoghaire Ferry terminal was removed?

Is it gone?? If so, maybe because the Ferry no longer runs from Dun Laoghaire so it may not be as secure as it would have been with the ferry staff and traffic around?

• Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

cormie wrote: »
    Is it gone?? If so, maybe because the Ferry no longer runs from Dun Laoghaire so it may not be as secure as it would have been with the ferry staff and traffic around?

Yeah it is......I thought they may have moved it to another part of the town but seemingly not, next locations are Blackrock, Deansgrange & Ballybrack....which are a bit of a hike.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Yeah I used Deansgrange Maxol before the Dun Laoghaire one, that Dun Laoghaire one wasn't even there a year I don't think :(

My second one still hasnt shown up on their system. This is really a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Had a tracked package delivered to their Dublin address this morning. Not showing up yet but any idea when I can expect it in the locker? (based in dublin)

iMuse wrote: »
    Had a tracked package delivered to their Dublin address this morning. Not showing up yet but any idea when I can expect it in the locker? (based in dublin)

I would say probably tomorrow, can you see it in your account yet? You might be lucky if you see it in your account this afternoon you might get it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

I would say probably tomorrow, can you see it in your account yet? You might be lucky if you see it in your account this afternoon you might get it tonight.

Its not showing up on my PM account yet. Haven't used them in a while so wasn't sure what the delivery times are like now (seems to be a lot of complaints here though!) Do they still deliver to lockers on a Saturday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

3 out of 3 would be very unusual, where are you getting the packages sent from? I only ever get Amazon stuff thats actually sent by Amazon to PM as I know they will put in the PMID and my name. If you're buying off someone who doesn't put in the PMID then you're likely to hit issues as PM relies heavily on it.

A parcel has now showed up as In Transit for me. From the photo it looks as though it could be my original missing parcel.

Will keep you posted.

iMuse wrote: »
    Its not showing up on my PM account yet. Haven't used them in a while so wasn't sure what the delivery times are like now (seems to be a lot of complaints here though!) Do they still deliver to lockers on a Saturday?

Yes I've got deliveries on Saturday So you might be lucky. I would recommend filling in the shopping tracker on your account page just in case your pm number is missing. Also ring them in the morning to chase it up if it's still not showing on your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

cormie wrote: »
    Yeah I used Deansgrange Maxol before the Dun Laoghaire one, that Dun Laoghaire one wasn't even there a year I don't think :(

On talking with staff in the Harbor office, they said they made sure that it was used every day for any and all orders that were able to, they loved the idea and Irish Lights staff used it too to help make sure it wasn't removed after the year of 'testing' that PM do.

So what ever it was, it wasn't lack of use!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭LeakingLava

I ordered something from Amazon March 20th(Friday). It was afternoon and amazed that it was dispatched on the same day. And at around 5pm today Parcel Motel emails me saying it's in their Dublin Depot and on the way to my chosen location(Dublin area). Pretty good so far.

I've only ever ordered once before this one and the first one went very well, too. No problems whatsoever.

Will be posting updates :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Not to say PM is not prone to mistakes, but i genuinely believe that a good portion of the issues people are facing are due to the PMID being omitted by the seller.

Amazon always includes the proper address. It is the third party sellers and ebay sellers who not include the PMID are the problem.

For Tesco Direct i use:

joebloggs OneTwoThreeFourFive - as my name

For Amazon i use:

joe 12345 bloggs
    PM12345

I have never used Ebay with PM, but i would add in as many ways to make sure the seller has to include the PMID and probably notify the seller after the purchase asking to make sure of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

moonboy52 wrote:
    I have never used Ebay with PM, but i would add in as many ways to make sure the seller has to include the PMID and probably notify the seller after the purchase asking to make sure of it

Used it a lot with eBay, I have my PM address set up. The seller basically prints out that.

I normally put in the note to seller to check it is on there too. But if you ha e your address set up right on eBay it shouldn't matter.

Never once had an issue with PM, even during the height of Xmas.

That said, when it goes wrong, from reading on here, it seems to do so spectacularly. People seem to have a lot of issues sending stuff through PM, never done it myself personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭JG009

SM97 wrote: »
    Sent two parcels with them the other day, fairly slow in picking them up from the lockers. A few days like. I will be happy as long as they get to the recipients safe and sound.

Don't hold your breath! See my old posts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Is there no "talk to parcelmotel" anymore on boards, a couple of years ago they were great at sorting out a Christmas delivery that was stuck in a motel(door would't budge) now I have an "out for delivery" since last Saturday, its late tuesday evening now, I can see the picture they take of it ( the one they post in your parcel motel account) posted on sat, so its in their finglas office, I'd rather them say come up to the depot(which is closer) than give no update for 3 days.
    A victim of their own success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ozypozy

Just had a nightmare day because of PM.

Got email on Saturday to tell me a parcel I was stuck for was in Dublin. Heard no more, no PIN sent. Rang them today to see what was going on as it hadn't been sent to the PM I use. They told me it wasn't checked in at the shop I use (It's an instore collection) and I wouldn't get a PIN so just go to the shop with photo ID and they'd give it to me.

This evening I got a message saying I'd another parcel checked in but the picture was the same so I rang them. I was told that it was a mistake and they'd credit my account.

Off I went to collect the parcel in the shop this evening and it wasn't even there. Found this out after arguing with the shop manager who said they couldn't give me the parcel without a PIN.

Shocking service, which seems to be deteriorating gradually recently. It's a pity as it was so great when it started first. I've only used it to send parcels once and it was almost a week door to door.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement