Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT 2017 Thread *SPOILERS*

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Pentecost wrote: »
    Has she got an Amazon wishllist?!

NXT people are strictly not allowed.

Anyways:

https://twitter.com/SashaBanksWWE/status/566408545504354305

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

rovert wrote: »
    NXT people are strictly now allowed.

Anyways:

https://twitter.com/SashaBanksWWE/status/566408545504354305

Yeah I knew that, was just having a laugh based on your previous revelations re the indie girls out for your blood!

Pentecost wrote: »
    Yeah I knew that, was just having a laugh based on your previous revelations re the indie girls out for your blood!

And I am here chilling:
    https://twitter.com/Stephanie_Erazo/status/566417878577340416

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

If Sami is going to be called up, should they book him exactly how he started in NXT and go through the same journey as we saw in NXT?

The win on his debut and the shock second win over Cesaro, the extended feud with Cesaro and earning respect, coming up just short for the title, going on his road to redemption, winning the title etc. Its like the perfect story for a wrestler and would be great to watch on the main roster.

The ginger lad (who isn't me) in the custom Becky F'N Lynch is not impressed
    B95kp6OCAAInjhp.jpg

• Advertisement

Brock Lesnar's non-union Canadian equivalent at Tampa WWE live event last night wrestling Neville:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I got through rivals today and there was some wrestling on show. I enjoyed the Balor and Hideo matches I don't watch much outside WWE so it was great to watch them. The 4 way was my match of the night some great moments. Owens and Zayn was some match!

Can I ask a question about NXT in general do the crowd kinda cheer the lot and not recognise face heel roles I felt it was that way through Rivals and to me it would have been better in a way if Owens was booed out of the ring

Can I ask a question about NXT in general do the crowd kinda cheer the lot and not recognise face heel roles I felt it was that way through Rivals and to me it would have been better in a way if Owens was booed out of the ring

The crowd were probably the quietest of all the NXT Specials so far. The NXT crowd at Full Sail University are kind of maligned online these days. They are the worst example of a smart "internet" crowd. Initially had the rep as a great crowd but that changed over the course of 2014. They don't seem to realise that boos are a heel's cheers and refuse to play their "role". More interested in getting their own chants over than the stuff in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Bar the main event, which was always going to have a quiet crowd because of the way it was structured, I didn't think it was a particularly quiet crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

rovert wrote: »
    The crowd were probably the quietest of all the NXT Specials so far. The NXT crowd at Full Sail University are kind of maligned online these days. They are the worst example of a smart "internet" crowd. Initially had the rep as a great crowd but that changed over the course of 2014. They don't seem to realise that boos are a heel's cheers and refuse to play their "role". More interested in getting their own chants over than the stuff in the ring.

It's basically a post WM Raw crowd, only more obnoxious and cringe worthy.

Sometimes they are amazing(like they were for Neville vs Zayn) but most of the time they make me shake my head.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Thanks I get what ye mean cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

The crowd the week previous for the Finn/Hideo match was the worst I have seen them - the match hadn't even started and they were chanting "we're not worthy" etc

worst example of a smarky crowd!

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

No wonder HHH wants to get them on the road stat.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I actually don't mind the crowd tbh. I'd rather a crowd who are engaged with the product and enjoying it, than a crowd who sit on their hands and barely make a sound for 3 hours. And it's loud crowds like the one in Fullsail who'll see who they want pushed pushed, and who they don't like not.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I watched the Takeover special yesterday. I love every single thing about NXT. I love the way matches are built up. I love how the guys are allowed to actually wrestle. I love the fact that the girls are not just "Divas" and can wrestle. I love that it feels like a separate division from WWE. I love how all the guys seem different from each other. I love the commentary, the intimate feel of the arena.

What I don't love is how the WWE is run, in comparison. Everyone is the same. Nobody is allowed to shine. Everything is heavily scripted, and has the stamp of a 70 year old, out of touch egomaniac about it.

It's getting to the stage where, i don't want to see guys leave NXT, to move up to the bigger stage. They move up, Vince gets hold of them, and buries them. Almost every time. Case in point, look at Adrian Neville. Awesome in NXT. They're gonna call him up to WWE to be (proposed) Mighty Mouse?

It's like Vince has to take each guy coming up and break them down, make them look foolish, take everything from them that made them great in NXT, and get them off to the worst start possible. Look at how Charlotte was handled on her debut.

The sooner Hunter fully takes over the running of things the better. His vision for NXT seems to be truly paying off. Hopefully, these rumoured rumblings amongst the WWE Superstars is paid heed (where they are annoyed that the NXT guys are actually allowed to wrestle).

It's time to cut the crap with Raw. 25 mins wrestling in a 3hr show is unacceptable. There is no need to open every show with a 30 min long promo. I get the point about wrestling being about telling stories, but tell the stories in the ring. It's time to go back to fundamentals. About two guys in there fighting it out, for a reason. Sure, there aren't even any true heels anymore, heels aren't allowed to cheat!

I stopped watching WWE weekly about 10 months ago. I watch the PPVs and NXT. I haven't missed it. I've been kept up to date with various sites, here on Boards, podcasts etc. WWE is not must see any more. At least on a weekly basis. When the talent is being micro managed to a level that they are dictated to as to how to face the camera, you know that there's not much chance for talent to shine, to be themselves, to amp up their true self to 11 in order to get over.

Even the in ring product in WWE sucks compared to NXT - people have forgotten how to sell in WWE. You never see somebody work a body part anymore. And if they do, its for a few mins, then the guy being worked over forgets to sell the arm or leg.

Sorry for the length of this, it's very much all over the place, I appreciate. I'm just livingin fear that somebody like Sami Zayn could be brought up to the main roster, to be turned into another Zack Ryder or equivalent.

Rant over... (for now)

When I give up all hope, I remember The Shield.

Palo Alto wrote: »
    When I give up all hope, I remember The Shield.

The greatest success surely. And the Wyatts. But the Shield weren't the Shield in NXT remember.

They were one thing the WWE got right, but their handling since has been shocking! Look at Ambrose's win record in PPVs since they split!

I know they weren't The Shield in NXT, that was my point.

They've **** the bed on Ambrose big time.

Palo Alto wrote: »
    I know they weren't The Shield in NXT, that was my point.

They've **** the bed on Ambrose big time.

Agreed. For someone who everyone touted as being the breakout, he seems to be doing the worst out of the 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

The Wyatts are long gone now as well at this stage.

The other two are an after-thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

From what I've heard in interviews, etc; the 3 guys in the Shield were able to back each other on rejecting bad creative decisions and were "supposed" to have broke up much sooner (so all the teasing wasn't actually good writing it was them pushing back and saying no this gimmick can go further).

Then the breakup was forced on them right before the show and they've been handled pretty badly since, presumably since creative have a much easier time pushing them to do crap.

Even Reigns who they've been actively TRYING to push has been handled absolutely terribly, I think it's a real testament to Ambrose' charisma that he's still over at all with how he's been booked. Rollins obviously is fantastic too but he at least has had a decent program to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Realistically, if someone said last year that the Shield were to break up and in a year, Rollins would be MITB holder, Reigns in the Mania main event and Ambrose the IC champion, you'd have taken it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I hope to God Samoa Joe signs up for NXT now.

I hope to God Samoa Joe signs up for NXT now.

Have himself and Steen ever had a match?

Another set of NXT tapings tonight which will take them up to and possibly beyond Wrestlemania. Will be interesting if by an outside shot Samoa Joe shows up in some capacity.

Personally have heard Joe is joining NXT in some capacity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

That would be amazing.

That would be amazing.

There's a far looser rumour running around is that Victoria is angling for a NXT job. She's turned down a trainer role a couple of times before Del Rey and then more recently a role to be alongside Del Rey.

The last time she turned it down was due to her being busy with her restaurant in Chicago. Now that she is divorcing her husband and leaving the restaurant for him and the waitress he had an affair with to run Victoria is seemingly free to take up a role. She was very randomly at Smackdown last night so who knows she may make a
    Kendrick/Rhino style in ring
    cameo tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Victoria was great. She was sort of in Trish and Lita's shadow but she could go as well and had some good matches of her own. She'd be a perfect choice for a role there.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Victoria was great. She was sort of in Trish and Lita's shadow but she could go as well and had some good matches of her own. She'd be a perfect choice for a role there.

She was also super hot (and most likely still is).

From a wrestling standpoint, her finisher (Widow's Peak) was the sickest move ever. It genuinely looked like it would rupture internal organs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Is this on at 12 or 1 tonight

Advertisement