Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killarney Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭Radio5

Anyone in Killarney area who might be able to fix a small HP printer (home printer not office one.)

Tks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭dobman88

Radio5 wrote: »
    Anyone in Killarney area who might be able to fix a small HP printer (home printer not office one.)

Tks

J Mac office supplies down the lane at Market Cross in Killarney. Anything I've had done to my laptop has been done there and never a problem with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 ciarraiabu1977

Looking forward to Christmas in Killarney, always love heading out for a stroll in the National Park on a crisp day!

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Especially Christmas morning, alot of people head out for a stroll and kiddies with their bikes and strollers enjoying their gifts from Santa, also walk a mile for the charity Goal, I hope it is taking place again this year..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Anyone know where I can get stuff printed? Need to print off a voucher for somebody.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

There is a Print Shop down the lane from the Dunloe Pub opposite the Coffee Shop. Forget the name but they will do it pretty quickly

Jim is the Dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Can't find contact details for the Pachamama Tattoo Studio in Killarney.

Does anyone know if Andres still work there?

Sikpupi wrote: »
    Can't find contact details for the Pachamama Tattoo Studio in Killarney.

Does anyone know if Andres still work there?

All details here

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1402045329

Thanks Dobman....

But you wont believe this... I am probably the only person left in the country NOT on Facebook!!!

Could u do me a favour and copy and paste contact details for me???

Phone: 086 0698031.

Email: pachamamatatto@hotmail.com

Phoning sometime tomorrow or Monday would be your best bet I'd say. Not sure how active they are with the emails.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Is the ice skating in Killarney this year? Cant seem to find it online, so assuming its not there.

Yakult wrote: »
    Is the ice skating in Killarney this year? Cant seem to find it online, so assuming its not there.

Not this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

madcabbage wrote: »
    Ya, t'was up High Street, closer to the Market Cross. Think it was either a doors up/down from The 98 Bar.
    Now that we're on the topic of nostalgia, who remembers the sweet shop up high street donkeys years back? Sheehans I think. What a £1 could get ya was some joke. :o
    Axel Lamp wrote: »
    Tsk Tsk TSk.

Sheahans was an institution Lads, ye should give yourselves temporary bans from this thread for such blasphemy.

Defo Sheahans; oh how we didn't rot our teeth I don't know! Parents must've spent some monies on dentists when we were younger, surely. Lovely couple owned and worked there; just about every type of sweet you could think of was sold in there by them also :)

dobman88 wrote: »
    Not this year.

Was it 2 or 3 years since it was there do you remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Defo Sheahans; oh how we didn't rot our teeth I don't know! Parents must've spent some monies on dentists when we were younger, surely. Lovely couple owned and worked there; just about every type of sweet you could think of was sold in there by them also :)

Sheahans was in High St near O Briens Furniture, name is still over the door. To some of us it was called "the coney capers".... Dont ask.

To those of us who went to the Sem as Boarders:eek::eek: Dickos was the Institution to visit every Wednesday:o:o

Guess I'm showing my age

Was it 2 or 3 years since it was there do you remember?

I don't remember it last year or the year before so that's at least 3 years ago but I am with my lady 3 years this year and we definitely would have gone ice skating together but we didn't. So that's 4 years since its been. Apparently they had an insurance problem which is understandable.

Yeah there's a guy who sleeps up at the train station every night too and there's three people who sleep in an abandoned and boarded up house in town. Along with however many set up camp in the park. I kind of.befriended one of them by offering him tea and a sandwich one time. Every so often he will hang around the lane where I live and ask for a cuppa and something to eat. He only ever does it if he's badly stuck but I've told him I'd give him something every night but he declined.

I think Donal Grady was on the radio last week saying some kind of centre needs to be set up after a group found a 7 month pregnnant lady living in the park! Whatever about living rough, it's no place for a heavily pregnant woman.

Would anyone know if anything has come of this yet - a homeless shelter in Killarney? or even at what stage the idea is at? How much of the budget for homeless in Kerry did Killarney actually get would anyone know? Don't want to phone Donal Grady on a Saturday to find out myself.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

the weather is getting colder right now, it is difficult to think that in a country that sends aid to foreign countries, that we have our own sleeping rough and without a home, every person deserves a home, we need to belong.
    charity is supposed to begin at home,
    i would not dream of letting my dog outdoors at night,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

goat2 wrote: »
    the weather is getting colder right now, it is difficult to think that in a country that sends aid to foreign countries, that we have our own sleeping rough and without a home, every person deserves a home, we need to belong.
    charity is supposed to begin at home,
    i would not dream of letting my dog outdoors at night,

Unfortunately as a county, if we keep electing politicians like John O Donoghue who are there only to stick there nose in the trough these problems will never be sorted.

Politicians look through the spectrum of how many votes will this get me if I sort this out. The homeless vote is not enough for them to worry about it.

With the amount of NAMA property's in the county, homelessness should not be a problem.

I see in the paper there was something like Court Cases for over 600 home repossessions in Tralee alone.

This problem is going to spiral out of control.

Would anyone know if anything has come of this yet - a homeless shelter in Killarney? or even at what stage the idea is at? How much of the budget for homeless in Kerry did Killarney actually get would anyone know? Don't want to phone Donal Grady on a Saturday to find out myself.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

I have contacted a couple of local councillors and they have both said something is in the pipe line but like everything it takes time. My suggestion was a kind of soup kitchen which I would happily volunteer for and I'm sure more people would give some time to help a worthy cause too.

• Advertisement

I have contacted a couple of local councillors and they have both said something is in the pipe line but like everything it takes time. My suggestion was a kind of soup kitchen which I would happily volunteer for and I'm sure more people would give some time to help a worthy cause too.

Anything in the pipeline re: soup kitchen for Killarney?

Oh Roll on tomorrow, I'll have no phone credit left after I start making my calls :)

Twas freezing lastnight when Mom & I went for a spin to look at the Christmas Lights around & saw one situation that'd just melt your heart! Needs action urgent so it does.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Dobman88 and Kerry4sam fair to ye for making the calls! Keep us updated, l'd like to help out in some way if anything was to come

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭xLisaBx

Well done guys for making the effort! I'd also be willing to volunteer if it gets set up :)

I've started a dedicated thread right here , Please post in there if you assist in any way.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Where do people get their Chinese from now seeing how the best in town has closed?

I refuse to go to Mayflower after a bad experience there before so tried Xin Garden near Hegartys tonight and wasn't impressed with it.

Does the place near Scotts do a take out or is it eat in only? Anyone tried the Thai place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Theres a lovely place in miltown (prob a bit far for some) The little pavillion...the man who runs it is lovely too!

Theres a lovely place in miltown (prob a bit far for some) The little pavillion...the man who runs it is lovely too!

Milltown is too far to travel. Be cold by the time I got it and the delivery would cost a fortune :pac:

Might check it out on my way home from my next day trip to Dingle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Where do people get their Chinese from now seeing how the best in town has closed?

I refuse to go to Mayflower after a bad experience there before so tried Xin Garden near Hegartys tonight and wasn't impressed with it.

Does the place near Scotts do a take out or is it eat in only? Anyone tried the Thai place?

Usually go to the place in the Park Road, same crowd as the place near Scotts I think from reading their leaflets.

The Thai restaurant - Genting Thai in the Mall is one of my favourite restaurants in Killarney!
    Scrumptious :)

The ParkView on Muckross Road has some good reviews also if it is Chinese Food you're after

Happy Eating,

• Advertisement

Have a small problem of cold radiators and want them fixed!!!!

So... Any recommendations be grateful.

Advertisement