Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

found them very quick and professional to resolve any dispute, follow up with a phone call.

Isolated mistakes happen, I always judge a company on how they respond when it does

As do I, 100%

Girl told me at 12.00 she'd call me back but no call. Ive emailed them all the infor I have in order to have it in writing anyway but no reply.

It's ok, I'll leave it until tomorrow before recontacting them anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

dobsdave wrote: »
    I phoned them on the one occasion, sorted in minutes.
    They came to my house to pick up the wrong package.

And did you get your proper package? Was it found?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Have often dealt with ParcelMotel about getting spam and they've always been a pleasure to deal with.

They're up there with Amazon IMO in terms of the quality of their support

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread moved from Consumer Issues and merged into larger Parcel Motel thread in Online Buying & Auctions

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

vicwatson wrote: »
    And did you get your proper package? Was it found?

Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

screamer wrote: »
    Hmm... just got an email that the parcel motel is being removed from my local service station and will be an in-store collection.
    This, I really believe will just slow down collecting things and really puts me off using the service. The best thing about the parcel motel is that you can pick up from it any time of the day or night, not so, when the station is only open till 11...... anyone else have this same notification regarding their local service, or is this the way they are all going?

I agree, -my local depot in Nenagh was removed last week which is a real PITA. I feel like a child that has had his Xmas present taken away. The adjoining shop works ok but is slower as its pretty busy.
    PM are obviously on some kind of economy drive to close the less used locker units - I wish they would reconsider and just invest in more units.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

how long does the registration text take to arrive? ive about 20 hours before my one plus one invite runs out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Bigchrome

Ordered a One Plus one and got it delivered to the Antrim address. Despite it arriving there at 12:47PM yesterday, it only got "checked in" at 9:29AM this morning. Probably means I won't be receiving it today then. Holding out minimal hope for a weekend delivery all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wonderboy76

Never had an issue, always found their customer service to be amazing. No one is perfect obviously, but they seem like a company that really does invest in CS, especially on social media which is where lots of people engage complaints theses days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,564 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

My lost parcel has been found!

lol.

Got a phone call couple of minutes ago regarding that. And to be honest with you, I've no problems at all with their consumer service. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

Bigchrome wrote: »
    Ordered a One Plus one and got it delivered to the Antrim address. Despite it arriving there at 12:47PM yesterday, it only got "checked in" at 9:29AM this morning. Probably means I won't be receiving it today then. Holding out minimal hope for a weekend delivery all the same.

From experience, it will be in your chosen destination by this evening or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

My parcel was updated to "InTransit" 40 hours ago.

How long does this stage usually take?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Pompous wrote: »
    My parcel was updated to "InTransit" 40 hours ago.

How long does this stage usually take?

It took one day for the parcel to reach my locker except for weekends when it took till next working day. However, I think delays could be expected because of huge number of parcels.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

mac.in wrote: »
    It took one day for the parcel to reach my locker except for weekends when it took till next working day. However, I think delays could be expected because of huge number of parcels.

Oh yeah, I forgot Christmas is coming. I'd say the weather on Thursday hasn't helped either. Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Pompous wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I forgot Christmas is coming. I'd say the weather on Thursday hasn't helped either. Thanks for the reply.

You are right! Recently I got a delivery from UK that took 10 days instead of usual 4 days.

I connected ParcelMotel to let them know I'm expecting a delivery from Tesco.

They seem to sometimes leave the PMID part off so I said I'd let them know.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

Without searching the thread, can someone answer this question: If a package is waiting for me, but it times out (the two days are up), can I reprocess the item and get them to redeliver it to the same parcel motel in my area, and if so, will it cost me extra/how much extra? I might not be able to get the package today, and they said today is my last day.

Edit: I posted too soon, just found my answer on their website. it'll cost me another 3.95 to get them to redeliver it.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

Shane15 wrote: »
    Without searching the thread, can someone answer this question: If a package is waiting for me, but it times out (the two days are up), can I reprocess the item and get them to redeliver it to the same parcel motel in my area, and if so, will it cost me extra/how much extra? I might not be able to get the package today, and they said today is my last day.

Edit: I posted too soon, just found my answer on their website. it'll cost me another 3.95 to get them to redeliver it.

Yes to all of your questions. Did you not get a reminder text to say that if it was not collected by a certain date it would be returned?
    Having said that if its a weekend you might just get away with it if your quick and go pick it up asap.
    Hope that helps

Bought something from Tesco Direct and according to the tracking it was delivered to ParcelMotel today.

Hasn't showed up on my account yet but I've let ParcelMotel know I'm expecting a package as Tesco are notorious for leaving out the PMID!

Anyway, does anyone know when I'll have it delivered to my local ParcelMotel?

Need it by Friday or Saturday at the very latest.

Thanks.

Unregistered Users

Contact PM asap, give them all the details including tracking no. and your thoughts about missing PMID. They'll sort it out fairly quickly.

• Advertisement

joujoujou wrote: »
    Contact PM asap, give them all the details including tracking no. and your thoughts about missing PMID. They'll sort it out fairly quickly.

I actually rang them today.

Got through to a very sympathetic woman and explained to her that I had to put my PMID as my last name but in letter form so my address on Tesco wouldve looked like this.

First Name: Alan S*****
    Last Name: PMID TwoFiveXXXXXXX

So took the tracking information from me and said she'd have the people in the warehouse to be on lookout.

Tesco seem to be known for leaving the PMID out so we'll just have to wait and see!

Cheers!

I can't stop refreshing the ParcelMotel page... As if willing it there is gonna make it appear! :pac:

Unregistered Users

[...]

So took the tracking information from me and said she'd have the people in the warehouse to be on lookout.

[...]

I had similar situation last week - tracking no. said delivered, nothing appeared in a locker, emailed them giving tracking no. etc, got email they're gonna search for it in a warehouse. They found it next day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Parcel motel is a great service when it works, but they can be an absolute disaster to deal with when something isn't working.

Was expecting a parcel to be delivered to PM on Tuesday, and thought I'd have it by Wednesday. Tracking showed delivered on Tuesday. Got no text on Wednesday or Thursday, so emailed them on Friday. This guy gets back to me to say that the tracking number I provided said that a "Gerard" had signed for it, but there was no "Gerard" working in PM, so he said UPS delivered to the wrong address. I foolishly believed him, and rang UPS, and they categorically stated it was definitely delivered to PM.

Got back onto PM, the guy once again told me there was no way they could have gotten it, because none of their people signed for it. Low and behold, get a text today....my parcel was waiting for me at my local PM depot. The parcel that apparently PM "definitely never received"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Waiting for GTA V for the PS4 ordered via Amazon with 24 hour delivery from Royal Mail. Royal Mail delivered the package at 5.37am this morning, yet Parcel Motel only scanned it in at 17.15 this evening and now it's marked as "In Transit" but as of yet hasn't arrived in Dublin. Think I am going to give it a break for a while, I get the feeling they have grown too big for their own operation lately. recently had a lost package also which was a nightmare to sort out, took a week and then they still tried to charge me the full price for delivery even though they made a balls of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Arciphel wrote: »
    Waiting for GTA V for the PS4 ordered via Amazon with 24 hour delivery from Royal Mail. Royal Mail delivered the package at 5.37am this morning, yet Parcel Motel only scanned it in at 17.15 this evening and now it's marked as "In Transit" but as of yet hasn't arrived in Dublin. Think I am going to give it a break for a while, I get the feeling they have grown too big for their own operation lately. recently had a lost package also which was a nightmare to sort out, took a week and then they still tried to charge me the full price for delivery even though they made a balls of it.

Thats not too bad man really, how long would it take getting it sent from UK to your house. If it got to pm at 5.37am and it was in the parcel motel tonight/today before 5.37am thats still less than 24 hours.

Im in no way biased about PM, I have given out about them before about other stuff but just saying that speed is still pretty good going.

Yes they are crap when stuff goes missing. 100% agree. Some staff seem very polite, others not so much.

Still nothing on the site!

Thought I'd have it delivered to the ParcelMotel today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭youngblood

Will Parcel Motel Accept a prepaid envelope from Parcel Force?
    The prepaid return package is only from Northern Ireland
    Can I select the Royal Mail option? and then just pay the 4.50 to get it to NI?
    Can anyone advise?

It's in transit!

Seems to have taken 9 hours all the other times to get to my chosen ParcelMotel, really hope I have it tonight!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

My package has been in transit since 11am yesterday. It was received in NI at 10.30am on Thursday. Looks like the Xmas season is slowing down deliveries for nightline.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement