Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Here's what I saw today - Part II (Please read the rules before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Marcinek_55

This is what i see:

VXqxXyd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Most image uploading sites will allow you to resize the image. Its really not that hard to make it a bit smaller, it doesn't need to be massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭Top Dog

I'm seeing exactly what Marcinek posted - on Firefox browser. What browser are people using who can actually see a full image that isn't stretching across the screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Chrome is always grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,392 ✭✭✭fletch

Resizes in Chrome and Firefox for me, doesn't in IE10

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

In appreciation for request on this thread some shots from the hols in Florida during the Summer...

ztzw1s.jpg

257gh1e.jpg

vr4syd.jpg

2q1s0ao.jpg

bit11y.jpg

f0oqro.jpg

vq1r3t.jpg

206bfaa.jpg

2aifoxy.jpg

a437h2.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

^^^^^^

Im still crying and kicking myself about a DMC I could have bought for 3500$ ten years ago.
    It was pretty rotten inside but outside was ok, and it was driving ok.
    Every time I see one now I just weep a little inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Simonigs1.0

They look so crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

This was sitting outside an office in Beijing this morning. Had to shoot quick and leave as the entourage were approaching. Will try get a better shot during the week.

There is some serious machinery out here. Ferrari 458 and an Aston Martin sitting just up the way.

325289.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I saw this online, not in person. I thought some people would find it interesting.
    Hopefully it won´t screw up the page...

325382.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭cullow123

Seen a black Porsche Panamera diesel on westland row and an orange colored mini cooper on merrion square yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

cullow123 wrote: »
    Seen a black Porsche Panamera diesel on westland row and an orange colored mini cooper on merrion square yesterday.

A diesel Porsche... only in Ireland :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

bear1 wrote: »
    It was a joke.

Usually is when you get caught out :pac:

vectra wrote: »
    Usually is when you get caught out :pac:

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Spotted in Dublin this morning, not by me though :)

VW XL1 is the World’s most fuel efficient production car and achieves nearly 300mpg.

* For those who want the chance to drive the VW XL1, they will be available for public test drives tomorrow between 10am and 4pm at Frank Keane VW on the Long Mile Road, Dublin 12.

B0Je1JrCMAAhCmo.jpg

livEwirE wrote: »
    Spotted in Dublin this morning, not by me though :)

VW XL1 is the World’s most fuel efficient production car and achieves nearly 300mpg.

B0Je1JrCMAAhCmo.jpg

On German plates is it? It must be one of the most ugly cars... neigh THE ugliest car I've ever seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

livEwirE wrote: »

I'm beginning to think that manufacturers don't actually want to make fuel efficient cars and don't actually want us to buy fuel efficient cars and therefore they make them look like shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

smash wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think that manufacturers don't actually want to make fuel efficient cars and don't actually want us to buy fuel efficient cars and therefore they make them look like shíte.

Yeah. What in the actual furk were they thinking with that? It's like an Audi RS4 at the front and just goes kind of blaaaaarrrgghhhh, like the designer's crayon melted! :pac:

• Advertisement

It's like they picked up a rejected Honda Insight scetc from the late 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

On German plates is it? It must be one of the most ugly cars... neigh THE ugliest car I've ever seen.
    jimgoose wrote: »
    Yeah. What in the actual furk were they thinking with that? It's like an Audi RS4 at the front and just goes kind of blaaaaarrrgghhhh, like the designer's crayon melted! :pac:
    smash wrote: »

Id imagine its design is focused entirely on saving fuel the same way the Bugatti Veyron is designed purely for speed.

These cars are more of a technological marvel than a aesthetic marvel. Theyre not designed to be pretty. Theyre designed to save fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I love them, when every inch of it is designed to save fuel the end product will always be good looking imo, thanks for the heads up Im going to go see it, wonder how much they go for over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Thargor wrote: »
    I love them, when every inch of it is designed to save fuel the end product will always be good looking imo, thanks for the heads up Im going to go see it, wonder how much they go for over here?

Around 110k in Germany so add VRT and shudder.

I'd be taking an i8 myself if I fancied something eco for that money I think.

Nah I was just curious, Ill stick to second and third hand Micras thanks. Wish more companies had the balls now and in the last 20 years though.

But you'd spend less money in 10 years with a new GTI, what's the point?

Whats the point of more fuel efficient cars?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Thargor wrote: »
    Whats the point of more fuel efficient cars?
    So smug people can be even more smug! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

While the XL1 ticks the future box but not the style box, I came across the one car that combines both last week in Ljubjana, Slovenia. What a thing of beauty!

15494445646_1b51bfd7ce_c.jpg

15517227892_902412fce2_c.jpg

15330875400_e1ed4cfd91_c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,615 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I can tell you've never seen a Nissan Zagato GTR then

http://www.autoscout24.eu/Details.aspx?id=239912300

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement