Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

I emailed my feedback from earlier in this thread two days ago, they didn't reply. I hope they're not going the way of seemingly all other Irish businesses on the customer service front. When was the last time they posted here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Over a year ago. The account is closed also

Ta. I'll see if they send the VAT invoices I asked for. If they don't arrive, I don't think I'll bother topping up again. I don't do business with bad customer service. It makes life quite difficult in Ireland. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Can I send a car battery with Parcel Motel.

Something like this.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006TEZICQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

dingding wrote: »
    Can I send a car battery with Parcel Motel.

Something like this.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006TEZICQ

Doubt it as that battery is 15KG. The weight limit for sending prepaid stuff through the lockers is 10KG:
    The largest Parcel Motel locker size is 41 X 38 X 64 cm. The maximum weight is 10kg

Unless things have changed in the last couple of months they don't have the custom/outsized dimensional weight facility for sending stuff like they do for receiving it. I was told I'd need to get a quote from Nightline.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭FlushPoker.ie

Anyone have promo codes to sign up for Parcel Motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭nightster1

Word of warning:-

I've used PM for some time now without any issues. Recently, I ordered an item from UK and gave the company my PMID as my address and happily rec'd the item a few days later in a PM locker.

I then got a further PM notification and went to the PM locker to find an envelope with the receipt and delivery confirmation from the company that sent the item.

It seems that they sent a follow on letter resulting in 2 x €3.50 charges!!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

hi i tried to top up my account, on the parcel motel sit it says i've not been charged but in my email it says ive paid parcel motel €10.50, when will i know if the payment has gone through?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

nightster1 wrote: »
    Word of warning:-

I've used PM for some time now without any issues. Recently, I ordered an item from UK and gave the company my PMID as my address and happily rec'd the item a few days later in a PM locker.

I then got a further PM notification and went to the PM locker to find an envelope with the receipt and delivery confirmation from the company that sent the item.

It seems that they sent a follow on letter resulting in 2 x €3.50 charges!!

PM had said (a while back) they would refund for any spam/leaflets received once you let them know. Always worth checking the photo on their website before collecting specially if you arent expecting anything

Also a good idea to include a note to a seller asking them not to send any further lituature to the PM address

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

NATLOR wrote: »
    PM had said (a while back) they would refund for any spam/leaflets received once you let them know. Always worth checking the photo on their website before collecting specially if you arent expecting anything

Also a good idea to include a note to a seller asking them not to send any further lituature to the PM address

Parcel Motel told me spam/leaflets wouldn't be forwarded on but letters would be.

I opened a Tesco Direct account for the first time recently and I was wondering about a clubcard statement for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

odckdo wrote: »
    Parcel Motel told me spam/leaflets wouldn't be forwarded on but letters would be.

I opened a Tesco Direct account for the first time recently and I was wondering about a clubcard statement for example.

Sign in to your account and under 'my details' click on marketing contact preferences make sure the three boxes are ticked, that should stop them sending you anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

NATLOR wrote: »
    Sign in to your account and under 'my details' click on marketing contact preferences make sure the three boxes are ticked, that should stop them sending you anything

Yes for the time being I did that already.

PM managed to lose my first order ever (mobile phone) from Tesco Direct. Once I get the cheque from PM I am going to close the Tesco a/c and just create a new one as needs be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

Is the Parcel Motel @ Spar Grand Canal Dock open 24 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,210 ✭✭✭MrVestek

cat_dog wrote: »
    Is the Parcel Motel @ Spar Grand Canal Dock open 24 hours?

They're all open 24 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭cat_dog

MrVestek wrote: »
    They're all open 24 hours.

Thanks! I just wanted to make sure bc it says on the website
    "Most Parcel Motels are in a location that has 24-hour access"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Ordered from H&M UK, however they won't send my parcel as PM is a forwarding address. Gutted because I really wanted the order (much needed maternity clothes!) Anyone ever get around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

strange i never encounted that, you could try deliver me instead, its 22 euros for up to 25 kgs, but that would be all ordered total weights equaling 25 kgs, their address is www.deliverme.ie

Unit 13 Block A

Flurrybridge Business Park,

Lower Foughill Road,

Newry,

BT35 8SQ

strange i never encounted that, you could try deliver me instead, its 22 euros for up to 25 kgs, but that would be all ordered total weights equaling 25 kgs, their address is www.deliverme.ie

Unit 13 Block A

Flurrybridge Business Park,

Lower Foughill Road,

Newry,

BT35 8SQ

Thank you I might just try that ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

Ordered from H&M UK, however they won't send my parcel as PM is a forwarding address. Gutted because I really wanted the order (much needed maternity clothes!) Anyone ever get around this?

Try using your parcel motel number as the company name and their address as normal

• Advertisement

Try using your parcel motel number as the company name and their address as normal

Tried that just now, will update when I know whether it works. Takes them a while to get back to you, I placed an order initially in June and they only got back this week to say they wouldn't be sending it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I placed an order with Tesco Direct last year and they wouldn't accept the PMID part as valid so I just put my address like this;

First Name: Alan S*** PMID

Last Name OneTwoThreeFourFive etc.

If that doesn't fit try putting some of your PMID in the first name part too.

As long as it has your name, PMID and Nightline's address it will more than likely get here.

PM has two postcodes, because they're on a corner. Try the other one. You should be able to find it by searching this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

daveohdave wrote: »
    PM has two postcodes, because they're on a corner. Try the other one. You should be able to find it by searching this thread.

I'll save ye some time.

BT364PE and BT364PX

Memorised them off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Hi,

What time would I need to send a parcel today if I want the customer to receive it on Monday?

The size of the box is 12" x 9" x 9", I assume this would fit in the medium size locker?

First time actually sending a parcel via Parcel Motel.

Cheers..

Got an email back from Parcel Motel and they said 6pm to be safe.

A lot cheaper than An Post!

Usually use DPD, but depending on the size, this will suit me for certain deliveries.

They are great for sending. I sent a mobile phone via them recently, because I knew An Post would bitch about the battery; which is a ridiculous policy created because of a single event.

And I had another quite heavy parcel that was worth €30 to me, and postage was nearly the same so it wasn't worth my while. Parcel Motel was half the price. Half!

I'm still pissed at them about the price rise though. They never did reply to my email. I'm going to give out to them about it now.

Well that parcel didn't fit in the medium size locker, so had to use the largest one.

I assume I can claim the VAT back? There's nothing on my account account re. VAT, invoices etc.

If you email them, they'll send a VAT invoice. I do it once or twice a year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

i sent this parcel last month
    carlow to sligo 3 days

Time Location Status
    11/06/2014 16:37:37 Sligo Delivered
    11/06/2014 07:17:51 Sligo On Van
    11/06/2014 03:12:38 Sligo Inbound
    10/06/2014 22:39:57 Dublin Hub In
    10/06/2014 17:46:26 PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN PM Received
    10/06/2014 16:55:57 PARCEL MOTEL DUBLIN In Depot
    10/06/2014 01:59:05 PM Cust Sent