Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats your setup?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

kooga wrote: »
    hello? anybody there?

I think it all depends on what you are after. I have a td100 with lnbs for 28, 23, 19, 13 and 9 east. I've no problems with signal, but I have since moved from the west of Ireland to Poland. I cannot get any freesat channels here apart from ch5 hd, ch4 northen Ireland and ITV 2,3,4 hd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Tks

recently put up a triax 80cm with 19 and 13. No problems with 19 but some of my hotbird transponders especially 11411 h 27500 which i will need if i get a canal+ sub have no signal. We had a lot of rain in Cork on sunday and monday night and a few others took a big signal dip.

So from reading this forumthe advive is that i can skew the lnb to the right looking at the dish or possible turn the triax bracket upside down giving more tilt downwards for 13east.

In addition as i have a spare input on my disecq going to put on 9/10 east.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

So from reading this forumthe advive is that i can skew the lnb to the right looking at the dish or possible turn the triax bracket upside down giving more tilt downwards for 13east.

Looking at your photos, it would appear that the lnb rail is already 'upside down', with the bolt through the bottom slot.

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    Looking at your photos, it would appear that the lnb rail is already 'upside down', with the bolt through the bottom slot.

Peter if i have it now 'upside down' would turning it the other way make much difference in getting a better signal?

One would like to think the installer set it up to work as best it could, using that particular multi-lnb bracket (unmodified). If you start messing around yourself, without the benefit of a proper meter so you can keep an eye on the received signal while making adjustments, you'll probably just make things worse.

Surest way to get best signal for 13 east, is to put it at the dish focus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Peter if i have it now 'upside down' would turning it the other way make much difference in getting a better signal?

When it is upside down the tilt is greater.

The 28.2 LNB gains from the higher tilt. Like wise the lower satellites at 7E gain from being at a lower tilt. Presumably you have set your Triax at around 28/29 in the first instance you can twaek it from there. You uultimately want to have the swing tightened at max tilt either way and tightened.

In order to fine tune your dish, start with the weak satellites and TPs and move your lnb holder/the skew etc for those HD TP's that are problematic. IE Canal+HD Family/Canal+HD Sport which require correct alignment.

Likewise for 28.2. Information TV/Sky News is one to tweak for max reception.

after some tweaking hotbird signal wise is 100% there.

However eutelsat 9 is proving problematic and have signal on one or two transponders, may be the LNB.
    #Was hoping to combine eutelsat 9/10 ? any help would be great.

However eutelsat 9 is proving problematic and have signal on one or two transponders, may be the LNB.
    #Was hoping to combine eutelsat 9/10 ? any help would be great.

your problem is that you don't have enough of a gap after 13 east to fit in 9 east on a 80cm. Usually on an 80cm with standard size lnbs you can get a 6 degree spacing between lnbs, so if you can get 13/19 no problem. But 13 and 9 is a 4 degree spread. On a 1m dish that would be possible, but pushing it on an 80cm. On my 1.1m i was squeezing in 3 degree spacing with standard size lnbs. I assume your aligned on 16 east thus 19/13 is offset by 3 degrees each?

What did you tweak? You definitely got a 'professional' to set this up in the 1st place? It's not saying much for his skills.

Peter Rhea wrote: »
    What did you tweak? You definitely got a 'professional' to set this up in the 1st place? It's not saying much for his skills.

Peter I wouldn't knock him he has been very patient. When hotbird went up first i was missing tp 11411 for the canal+ channels i now have this tp.

The other transponders were to do with Italia 2 but we have discussed that elsewhere and i cannot get those two TPs.

Just need to perfect 9 east to get tp 12034 V 27500 and i will be happy.

• Advertisement

Are you using a TD 88 or an 80cm dish ?

You can get 9E and 13E together on a TD88. You will have to increase the elevation of the dish to beyond 30 and peak it on 9E. The LNBs will be either side of the centre focus. It will result in a decrease in 13E's reception though.

My latest mod to the Triax bracket works quite well for peaking the lower easterly satellites with 28.2 on the end.

4.8E/7E//13E/19E/23.5E/28.2E
    275115.jpg

Tks STB i have a td 88, getting a few transponders on 9e. On your layout do you have a single LNB pulling in 4.8e and 7 as i count 5 lnbs in your picture.

Tks STB i have a td 88, getting a few transponders on 9e. On your layout do you have a single LNB pulling in 4.8e and 7 as i count 5 lnbs in your picture.

There are 6 lnb's on it. (did you miss the small one to the left of the yellow capped lnb - for 19E).

If you were going to do something similar bear in mind that I had to mod the end lnb for 28E which required drilling through the top of the Triax bracket and placing one of those holders from another kit, that allows movement left right up and down. Thats why the 28.2E lnb is pointing downwards - it looks strange, but it works. Its clear that the Triax multi brackets were never meant to cover 4.8E to 28E in Ireland.

I had ordered one of those adjustable kits but it was too flimsy. Great idea in that you could adjust left right up down, but because of the flimsy light aluminum design and too many moving parts, it would not work in Ireland with wind conditions!

STB wrote: »
    There are 6 lnb's on it. (did you miss the small one to the left of the yellow capped lnb - for 19E).

If you were going to do something similar bear in mind that I had to mod the end lnb for 28E which required drilling through the top of the Triax bracket and placing one of those holders from another kit, that allows movement left right up and down. Thats why the 28.2E lnb is pointing downwards - it looks strange, but it works. Its clear that the Triax multi brackets were never meant to cover 4.8E to 28E in Ireland.

I had ordered one of those adjustable kits but it was too flimsy. Great idea in that you could adjust left right up down, but because of the flimsy light aluminum design and too many moving parts, it would not work in Ireland with wind conditions!

apologies missed that guy. Not going to add 28 as it has its own sky dish. will try a slim lnb for 9 as i want TF1 Suisse and thats me done!

apologies missed that guy. Not going to add 28 as it has its own sky dish. will try a slim lnb for 9 as i want TF1 Suisse and thats me done!

I would do it the other way. Put the slim on 13E and use an Inverto Black ultra on 9E.

What you must remember is that even if you use a Inverto Slim LNB you will still end up using the Triax LNB holder which requires you use the insert that goes over the LNB, which kind of defeats the purpose. A way around this is to not put the side click on and screw in piece onto the individual Triax lnb holder, which will allow the LNB in its holder to get closer to the other LNB. Get me ? Otherwise you would have to drill the Triax Bracket to attach the dialelectric.

$T2eC16Z,!ysE9sy0i2wQBQhHkL)lRw~~60_35.JPG

did you manage tf1? I remember int multi lnb setup, that transponder was a weak one. Suffered awful with rain fade.

snaps wrote: »
    did you manage tf1? I remember int multi lnb setup, that transponder was a weak one. Suffered awful with rain fade.

hi snaps haven't had a chance yet. don't worry soon as i get that last lnb up will post a pic.

For those that know me on here, I am from Mayo. As you can see from my location i've moved to South East Poland.
    So i've had time to put my setup back together now. I've gone back down the motorised route. Got hold of a Technomate metal geared diseqc H to H motor and paired that up with my trusty old Gilbertini 1.1. I've got all nordic beams on 1 west and 5 east (5 east is very strong here on nordic beam), also gained Amos at 4 west. 26 east mbc beam is still here about the same as it was in Ireland. 42 east is there on both west and east beams too. This dish is supplying the living room.
    Feeding upstairs ive got a Technomate 100cm (Triax TD100) with triax multi lnb arm for 28, 23, 19, 13, 9 & 5 east with another feed coming off the motorised dish which i park at 1 west.

On another note, i have no Freesat what so ever now apart from the Irish versions of ch4, e4, more 4, channel 5 hd and itv 2,3,4 HD (Encrypted). If there is anything important on BBC/ITV it can be got by other means!

Surprised RTE is on the UK spot beam as its encrypted, So do not have that either.

276182.jpg

276181.jpg

276180.jpg

in my endless quest to get 9east i have a mix of 7east as well! So now i have 28,19,13 9 and 7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

in my endless quest to get 9east i have a mix of 7east as well! So now i have 28,19,13 9 and 7

On what dish?

• Advertisement

iba wrote: »
    On what dish?
    on an 80cm

You mean you're getting 9 & 7 with 1 LNB? Which channels are in this 'mix'?

will do an update when i am home but we have bbc persia which is 7 east a frew trt channels i think the kids (coco) from 9 east pentagon and AAA. This is just off the top of my head peter

If they are being picked up on the same LNB i.e. listed under 1 sat. position, you would have to be getting 9 & 7 east on this 1 LNB but, if they are appearing in an 'all satellites' list, some could be from 13 east.

peter its one lnb getting a mix of 7 and 9 east.

However the TP I really want on 9east I can't get which is 12034v 27500 to get TF1 and M6 HD.

however on 7 east I get TRT cocuk and bbc Persian on a European B beam which according to satbeams means a dish size of of 110cm. My bbc Persian is not the hotbird tp but eurobird 7 tp number.

More importantly does anybody on 9 east get TF1 or M6 (Suisse versions)

If you want good reception on a wide spread of satellites with a fixed dish, then you really need a type of dish that's specially designed for the job, like a twin-reflector 'toroidal' type.

With a parabolic dish, only the on-axis signals are focused to a single point. The further off-axis you go, the more blurred the focus gets: effectively means these LNBs 'see' less of the dish.

peter its one lnb getting a mix of 7 and 9 east.

However the TP I really want on 9east I can't get which is 12034v 27500 to get TF1 and M6 HD.

however on 7 east I get TRT cocuk and bbc Persian on a European B beam which according to satbeams means a dish size of of 110cm. My bbc Persian is not the hotbird tp but eurobird 7 tp number.

More importantly does anybody on 9 east get TF1 or M6 (Suisse versions)

Yes I get those stations perfectly. 9E is really strong! The modulation for those channels is 8PSK by the way.

Also if you are getting some of both 7E and 9E then you need to move the dish or the LNB to get one properly. There is no point in trying to get both with the one lnb, the dish isnt properly aligned then for all tp's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭championc

Hi all,

I'm in Dublin and have a Lenson Heath 1m dish on the back of the house pointing at 28.2e now. Am I correct in saying that I should have no problems whatsoever to add additional LNB's to point at 13 and 19 too? Any other sats I should consider getting an LNB for too ? Would you suggest all individual LNB's or a combination of monoblocks ?

If I was just to go for those three, what direction should the dish be pointed directly at ? Would I need a special multilnb holder or will any one do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

championc wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm in Dublin and have a Lenson Heath 1m dish on the back of the house pointing at 28.2e now. Am I correct in saying that I should have no problems whatsoever to add additional LNB's to point at 13 and 19 too? Any other sats I should consider getting an LNB for too ? Would you suggest all individual LNB's or a combination of monoblocks ?

If I was just to go for those three, what direction should the dish be pointed directly at ? Would I need a special multilnb holder or will any one do ?

You should have no bother adding 13 and 19e to that dish ,they are strong satellites so easily received .

You could get a number of other positions with a 1m dish ,perhaps 16e,9e,5e and 23.5e too although you may need slim lnbs for 16e .

If setting up for 13,19e and 28e you would set the dish up for 19e and then add the other 2 lnbs.
    Something like this should do the job ,just make sure the holder can accommodate a 9 degree offset.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Telesystem-3-LNB-Holder-/160880633896?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Satellite_LNBs&hash=item25753ba828

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Advertisement