Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Show: December 6th 2013

Options
  • 05-12-2013 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭

Ryan Tubridy will be joined by the 1986 BBC Pebble Mill at One 'Song For Christmas' Competition semi finalist - that's Gary Barlow

He is all over the television at the moment, plugging his new solo album.

And he isn't the only former Talent Show contestant on the LLS tonight - if you ever dreamt about seeing Shayne Ward sing with Foster and Allen, then you should cancel all other plans for this evening

Now, who wants to see Jason Byrne? ... anybody?

Oh well, the comedian who starred in the recent BBC1 flop 'Father Figure' (not the legendary Bray Wanderers player of the same name) will be on.

Jason+Byrne+DSC_0080.jpg

Coola Boola! Santa Hats! For Charity! (the Peter McVerry Trust and SARI Ireland)

exam061213SantaHatsLoveHateCoolaBoola_large.jpg

Peter Coonan (Fran in Love/Hate - that's him pictured above on the right), Peter McVerry and Peter Ogden will be in to plug that new charity drive - you can buy the hats in Tesco, Easons and Golden Discs nationwide for €4 each.

And Karen Koster from Xpose and John McGuire who does insurance adverts. They are a Celebrity Couple, apparently.
    Gay Byrne would be turning in his grave ... if he was dead

And some chap called Vladimir who plays the violin

021213-Vladamir2.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUWawuwt1bhQaoevJEZGDh2--OkyAU3mZv1U7MiecfVFM9JtGh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Jason Byrne on the show tonight.

I don't like him. This was is what he said to the the great Richard Pryor, when Pryor was suffering from Multiple Sclerosis

Jason Byrne: You talk about Muhammad Ali in your latest DVD and how frightening it was to be in the ring with him. But do you reckon you could beat him now that the two of you shake like maracas?

Richard Pryor: That's your ****in' question?

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2004/aug/09/comedy.edinburghfestival2004

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Ooohh... topical:

In 1985, the Irish Anti-Apartheid Movement (IAAM) wrote to [Foster and Allen] pointing out that their regular visits to apartheid South Africa "provided great assistance" to that country's white supremacist junta. The IAAM wanted the pair to undertake not to go there again.
    There was nothing new in this. The IAAM had written to Foster & Allen before, but this time the body's chairman, Dr. Kader Asmal, went to the press with the letter, adding that two previous appeals to the duo had yielded no response.
    Contacted at a Tralee hotel, Tony Allen said they had no plans to go to South Africa, as they'd only returned from Sun City a short while earlier. He added that he "did not see any examples of apartheid on previous visits to the country".

(From an Irish Independent article in 2011)

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Do you think they'll raise that with them?

I very much doubt it.

Contacted at a Tralee hotel, Tony Allen said they had no plans to go to South Africa, as they'd only returned from Sun City a short while earlier. He added that he "did not see any examples of apartheid on previous visits to the country".

(From an Irish Independent article in 2011)

Tony Allen, there - insinuating that Apartheid wasn't nearly as big an issue in South Africa as people would have you believe.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Robert2012

Skid X wrote: »
    Tony Allen, there - insinuating that Apartheid wasn't nearly as big an issue in South Africa as people would have you believe.

:eek:

Apparently he was there a bunch of times :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,109 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Frano from Love/Hate on the Late Late talking about christmas hats?

Coola Boola Nidgey.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I don't like him. ]

That makes two of us so!.....:(

The ad that's out for his DVD has to be one of the most annoying ever. Ugh.

If you went to the toilet, Gary Barlow would probably jump out from behind the stack of loo rolls - he is everywhere you look......

And as for Foster & Allen, they should be quaking in their boots with the questions Mr. T will have lined up about Apartheid....:rolleyes:

Can't wait!..........:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 54,952 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Jason Byrne: About as funny as a dose of the clap.

Love Hate guys on again?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I don't like him. This was is what he said to the the great Richard Pryor, when Pryor was suffering from Multiple Sclerosis

Jason Byrne: You talk about Muhammad Ali in your latest DVD and how frightening it was to be in the ring with him. But do you reckon you could beat him now that the two of you shake like maracas?

Byrne isn't fit to lick Richard Pryor's boots in fairness. Pryor probably came out with more humour in one joke than Byrne has in his entire "I'm a sh1te comedian so I'll shout a lot a pick on people in the audience" routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,482 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well I want a coola boola Christmas hat now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭CorsendonkX

walshb wrote: »
    Jason Byrne: About as funny as a dose of the clap.

Love Hate guys on again?

RTE overkill, have a successful programme so you stick cast members in everything or anything to draw some of that audience to your other shows. By the time the next series comes around they will have pissed off most of the Love Hate fan base with over exposure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

Was it not 'Cula Bula'? The only street claim to fame of the Irish language anglicised, somebody dig up Dev!

I'm hoping a last minute line up change where a panel discusses the passing of Nelson Mandela.
    I suggest; Louis Walsh, Jedward, Jason Byrne (sure he's there), Brendan O'Carroll and Twink.
    Sure I'm dreaming, they'll never bag celebs like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 poleonn

Thought that was a very Pryor"esque" question...I'm sure Richard would have got it if in fact that was him asnwering those questions....bet it wasn't lost on him the irony of him ending up like a character who'd have always been the butt of his sense of humour

poleonn wrote: »
    Thought that was a very Pryor"esque" question...I'm sure Richard would have got it if in fact that was him asnwering those questions....bet it wasn't lost on him the irony of him ending up like a character who'd have always been the butt of his sense of humour

It most certainly was Richard Pryor answering the question.

Being kind to Byrne, you could say he thought Pryor would find it funny. Maybe he would if it came from a friend or a peer who knew him. But from an unknown like Byrne it looks like someone trying to make a name for himself.

But it was a seriously bad error of judgement, and he was lucky it didn't damage his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,179 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

If you went to the toilet, Gary Barlow would probably jump out from behind the stack of loo rolls - he is everywhere you look......

Gary likes to 'Pray' that you 'Never Forget' he has a new album out, so have a little 'Patience' and be 'Sure' to tune in tonight...sorry.

The over-exposure hasn't gone unnoticed...

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/dec/06/bbc-gary-barlow-day-radio-2

'It Only Takes A Minute' to read that story...ok, I'll stop now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 poleonn

It most certainly was Richard Pryor answering the question.

Being kind to Byrne, you could say he thought Pryor would find it funny. Maybe he would if it came from a friend or a peer who knew him. But from an unknown like Byrne it looks like someone trying to make a name for himself.

But it was a seriously bad error of judgement, and he was lucky it didn't damage his career.

But but...mocking the afflicted was a huge part of Pryor's stand up routine, always....thought is was a clever dig by Byrne, don't see anything wrong with it in context

Gary likes to 'Pray' that you 'Never Forget' he has a new album out, so have a little 'Patience' and be 'Sure' to tune in tonight...sorry.

The over-exposure hasn't gone unnoticed...

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/dec/06/bbc-gary-barlow-day-radio-2

'It Only Takes A Minute' to read that story...ok, I'll stop now.

"Could it be magic" that Gary really is "a bona fide national treasure"....:o

**splutters into the testing glass of wine**......:).....:eek:

:P

Get the virtual couch ready WM.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

"Could it be magic" that Gary really is "a bona fide national treasure"....:o

**splutters into the testing glass of wine**......:).....:eek:

:P

Get the virtual couch ready WM.....

some of the comments on that link were hilarious..

Joyless, negative, monotonous. With a punchable face to boot.

His music's sh*te an aw'. An overhyped, mediocre twunt.

He's the talented one from Take That, yeah? 'Nuff said...

Treasure of what nation the Cayman Islands?

More of a chronic over-subscription, I'd say. I sometimes feel that I'm the only person in the country who isn't a national ****ing treasure.

Celebrity Couple Karen Koster and John McGuire are on too

Why? Why? Why?

:mad:

Celebrity Couple Karen Koster and John McGuire are on too

Why? Why? Why?

:mad:

Never heard of him.......:).......Love that....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tomglsn

some of the comments on that link were hilarious..

Joyless, negative, monotonous. With a punchable face to boot.

His music's sh*te an aw'. An overhyped, mediocre twunt.

He's the talented one from Take That, yeah? 'Nuff said...

Treasure of what nation the Cayman Islands?

More of a chronic over-subscription, I'd say. I sometimes feel that I'm the only person in the country who isn't a national ****ing treasure.

Take That Gary Barlow........and party.

(I'll get my coat)

Never heard of him.......:).......Love that....:D

Fair play to you ... he did lost of property shows a few years ago, telling young people that they needed to get on the Property Ladder fairly lively ... even if it meant buying a shoebox for a fortune in the back end of nowhere.

He went bust, now he has an Insurance Broker.

tomglsn wrote: »
    Take That Gary Barlow........and party.

(I'll get my coat)

Come in, have a drink, you are most welcome!.........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 72,179 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Remember when Nelson Mandela nearly appeared on the LLS?

Sort of.

Mr. T said the "F" word..........**shock**

And he was drinking......

Next it will be the "bold" thing he'll be talking about........

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Remember when Nelson Mandela nearly appeared on the LLS?

Sort of.

Tubs was loving the Larry Sanders vibe :D

Tubs was loving the Larry Sanders vibe :D

It's a pity he loses it when he has the cue cards in front of him......:(

Holy God, how is Jean holding her head up with all the metal around her neck......

If she fell into the tide she'd sink without notice......

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Jason Byrne, fml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Evening all :)

Advertisement