Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

THE FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT OF IRELAND ?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 602 ✭✭✭hotbabe1992

So your problem is that there are too many "black people"?

I will be honest and im not even a racist,but i have an open honest mind and if i put 2 + 2 together and realise all the countries that have blacks in them..YES there are too many black people!!!Too many indians,muslims,a lot of chinese(although in credit to them they dealt with their problem with a 1 child policy),open your eyes..

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Xeyn

Oh good lord.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I will be honest and im not even a racist,but i have an open honest mind and if i put 2 + 2 together and realise all the countries that have blacks in them..YES there are too many black people!!!Too many indians,muslims,a lot of chinese(although in credit to them they dealt with their problem with a 1 child policy),open your eyes..
    Of course not.

and..why are the poll results hidden what has sir peado bailout to hide??

Of course not.

Of course not,i dont detect a bit of sarcasm there :)

So you equate someone who is opposed to immigration and overpopulation as someone who is a racist,you know i don't wear any nazi tattoos and have no nazi affliations,i even think the jews might be okay...SHOCKER

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭An Coilean

Thanks to irresponsible immigration measures,you know ireland has had an increase in the baby boom due to immigration.Ie anchor babies..

Nonsence, I am talking about a time when Europeans were the ones going to African countries and messing up the place.
    Thats why im saying stop immigration let our own populations settle,we are a small popupation anyway and lets breed in sync with the enviornment and what it can produce..

Well, we as in Ireland can produce enough food to support a population several times larger.
    The world as it stands can produce enough food for over 11 billion people.

So you equate someone who is opposed to immigration and overpopulation as someone who is a racist
    It's the racism in what you are posting that makes me doubt what you said.
    you know i don't wear any nazi tattoos and have no nazi affliations,i even think the jews might be okay...SHOCKER
    Good for you.

Then we should become a greater export nation than we are now instead of having cheese and wine mountains,and tell the eu to **** off and stop telling us what we can and cannot grow..

We dont need immigration to be a successful nation,we will curse ourselves years down the road,do you honestly think we have enough land to produce all the houses we need for immigrants???????

Ask yourself that.

I stand by what i say black people are over represented ..

Then we should become a greater export nation than we are now instead of having cheese and wine mountains,and tell the eu to **** off and stop telling us what we can and cannot grow..

A wine mountain? Think about it. In any case, there is no such thing any more, EU policy changed quite a while ago, also, if you want to increase exports, you need more people to buy your produce.
    Access to EU markets is quite vital for our exports, so telling them to F off is a bit of a nonrunner.
    We dont need immigration to be a successful nation,we will curse ourselves years down the road,do you honestly think we have enough land to produce all the houses we need for immigrants???????

Ask yourself that.

Ah, one of our major economic problems is not enough people looking to buy houses.

As for enough land, yes, or course we do, Ireland is quite a sparsley populated country by comparrision to many parts of Europe.

And if your not a raceist, as you claim, why not get Black people to buy them?

• Advertisement

Thats what makes ireland so enviornmentally beautiful,its why rich americans come to get away from it all and holiday in ireland.

Once we continue to let our politicians open the floodgates its all over,ireland is just another london,paris,NYC ****hole,full of rubbish and overpopulated to the brim.

All this does is bring more crime and noise and prostitution,look at the romanians flooding in,im not saying prostitution has not existed since romanians came in,what im saying is crime on the whole will be excasberated ten fold..

Look at any country or city that has went through opening the floodgates and look at them now..

Overpopulation is a problem and its so easy to deny for your own underlying motivations..

Whether it is to have as many immigrants as possible or sell more laptops..

Overpopulation only benefits two types of people : big business owners and immigrants trying to get a meal ticket..

The rest of the population suffer because of this..

Thats what makes ireland so enviornmentally beautiful,its why rich americans come to get away from it all and holiday in ireland.

Once we continue to let our politicians open the floodgates its all over,ireland is just another london,paris,NYC ****hole,full of rubbish and overpopulated to the brim.

Plenty or rich Americans go to holiday in London and Paris, and now that you mention it, America, a country founded on immigration and with a much larger Black population than Ireland is a major economic power. The twin evils of Black people and Immigration does not seem to have held them back, on the contrary in fact.
    All this does is bring more crime and noise and prostitution,look at the romanians flooding in,im not saying prostitution has not existed since romanians came in,what im saying is crime on the whole will be excasberated ten fold..

Have crime rates increased significantly in recent years? I don't think so.
    Look at any country or city that has went through opening the floodgates and look at them now..

Overpopulation is a problem and its so easy to deny for your own underlying motivations..

The reality is that many parts of Ireland are actually suffering from depopulation.
    Historically much of Ireland supported much larger populations than they do now.

The rich Americans will still come to climb our wine mountains, don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭cali_eire

The rich Americans will still come to climb our wine mountains, don't worry.
    The famous Wine Mountains of the West of Ireland ..... it could be a huge tourist draw ... like Napa Valley crossed with an artificial mountain where wine flowed down little streams. People could start climbing with an empty glass in each hand. It's the only sensible thought 1992 has had:)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,304 ✭✭✭✭looksee

antodeco wrote: »
    Does the president need to be fluent ib Irish? If so, that lowers the chances again. There's not many irish people I know who can speak Irish fluently, let alone people who aren't Irish.

Right. So you can't be black AND Irish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

They are over represented all over the world not just on the political scene they are everywhere,they are set to double their population by 2.4 billion,and you dont see this as a huge problem,not just socially but enviornmentally?

So because Catholics have a government in Italy, they shouldn't have any representation in Ireland?

Nodin wrote: »
    So because Catholics have a government in Italy, they shouldn't have any representation in Ireland?

Don't be silly, of course they can have representation.*

*As long as they're White.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Right lads and lasses I'm ready to get my presidential campaign up and running.
    Here are the main policies I would introduce if I was elected as the first black president of ireland.
    1. Legalise the herb for medicinal and recreational purposes
    2. Legalise same sex marriage
    3. Reduce TD's salaries by 40%
    4. Get rid of the property tax and broadcast charge
    5. Last but not least I would make watermelon part of our countrys five a day for fruit and veg

I'll give ya my No.1, I fecking love water melon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Tony Rockyhorror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Shout Dust

Not really, we haven't a history of hanging Travellers from trees here.

Hence why I said closest and not identical situations :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭dissed doc

Would anyone expect to see a black President in this country in their lifetime ?
    After all would anybody have easily predicted a black American President just 10 years ago !

Found myself involved in a heated debate over this, whilst having a few jars last night, and well I`ve wagered a hefty bet that it will happen, but concede it may not happen for a good generation .

Anyhow I win if it happens before 2050, just have to be around long enough to collect the winnings, when do you expect this will happen ? Any predictions/candidates in mind ?

It would be a sign of great social progress in Ireland, given our history of exploitation of African slaves and racism going back to the Great Potato Slave Independence Famine of 1776.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

A while back we had three Jewish TD's in three different parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

sabat wrote: »
    I don't see why not. If Paul McGrath had run in the last election he actually would have been the best candidate. Even Samantha Mumba would have been better than Dana, Sean Gallagher or Martin McGuinness.

I wouldn't agree at all. What has Ml. D done wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭camel jockey

Rasheed wrote: »
    I'll give ya my No.1, I fecking love water melon.

Mot to mention the fried chicken.

Advertisement