Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Trilla90 wrote: »
    not too bad i heard they take it to the depot after 48 hours
    Slunk wrote: »
    Anyone know about signed for deliveries. I ordered something and got a tracking number for UPS. Will parcel motel sign for my package? I thought I read somewhere they wont. UPS tracking says it's in newtownabbey as of 16.30. Maybe try deliver it tomorrow

Where is the misinformation coming from? Their FAQ spells out most info, examples:

http://www.parcelmotel.com/faqs.html
    What if I am going away on holidays and I there is a parcel due to be delivered while I am away?

If you are going away for any reason and a parcel is delivered to a parcel motel whilst you are away, we are happy to store it for you in your chosen motel. The charge for this will depend on how many days your parcel remains uncollected in the motel. Each stay of 2 days costs €3.50. So for example if you are away for a week and your parcel arrives on the first day and you collect it on the day after you get back, the charge will be €10.50 (3 x €3.50). You can also ask a friend to collect your parcel by sending them the PIN number texted to you at the time of delivery
    What happens if there is VAT and/or Duty due on my item?

Please ensure that any charges payable are paid in advance of delivery. Parcel Motel will not accept responsibility for payment of any VAT or Duty charges due on items delivered. If the postal operator or courier asks for cash on delivery, your item will be refused by us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Quick question I'm planning on ordering something from the uk and using parcel motel as I won't be home if it's delivered there.

Shipping is free if I post it to either an Irish or UK address BUT for UK addresses theres the option of free express 24 hour delivery compared with the standard 3-5 working day delivery to Ireland.

I'm just wondering however would the express delivery to the PM in NI actually be much quicker when you factor in the package having to be shipped from the uk mainland to NI then from NI to the PM depot in Dublin and then onto my PM collection point ?

Basically which delivery option would be my best ?

Will PM accept express deliveries ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

aaabbbb wrote: »
    Quick question I'm planning on ordering something from the uk and using parcel motel as I won't be home if it's delivered there.

Shipping is free if I post it to either an Irish or UK address BUT for UK addresses theres the option of free express 24 hour delivery compared with the standard 3-5 working day delivery to Ireland.

I'm just wondering however would the express delivery to the PM in NI actually be much quicker when you factor in the package having to be shipped from the uk mainland to NI then from NI to the PM depot in Dublin and then onto my PM collection point ?

Basically which delivery option would be my best ?

Will PM accept express deliveries ?

I'd go for the express to PM. (Unless the lockers are full) you should get the package much earlier than direct (this has been the case with me so far).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

Hopefully someone will accommodate my laziness in not reading all 245 pages of this thread and my stupidity in not being able to work this out myself .

I am trying to add a delivery address to my amazon a/c and amazon wants to / suggests to change the " PM***** , Parcel Motel ", to " Nightline " , , what should I do here ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

How does the pay as you go option work ? Do you have to load the money onto your credit balance before you collect your package or can you just pay upon collection from the locker ?

Great thanks! I decided to do that instead of loading on €10 that I probably won't use any time soom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

hey all

want to order the following tv from amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/ol/B00C4R3O5U/ref=mw_dp_olp

they will not ship it directly to me here in Ireland so I want to know
    a) the cost I will be charged by parcel motel
    b) will they allow it

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Sam Mac wrote: »
    hey all

want to order the following tv from amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/ol/B00C4R3O5U/ref=mw_dp_olp

they will not ship it directly to me here in Ireland so I want to know
    a) the cost I will be charged by parcel motel
    b) will they allow it

thanks

It will be too big for a locked so upon parcel motel receiving it,they will contact you to arrange delivery to your door..cost between 15 and 20quid i reckon...

• Advertisement

celticsfan wrote: »
    It will be too big for a locked so upon parcel motel receiving it,they will contact you to arrange delivery to your door..cost between 15 and 20quid i reckon...

Great

Placed the order just now with Amazon using the Belfast address they gave me. I can collect it from the nightline depot so apoarently I just pay 3.50 as its under 35kg!! correct me if I am wrong but I think thats right.

Great

Placed the order just now with Amazon using the Belfast address they gave me. I can collect it from the nightline depot so apoarently I just pay 3.50 as its under 35kg!! correct me if I am wrong but I think thats right.

Yep you can do it im pretty sure,best to prob just tell them you will collect it yourself from them.. didnt know you lived within distance of the depot so thought you would have to pay the 20 eur for delivery... give them a bell in the morning to be sure..

celticsfan wrote: »
    Yep you can do it im pretty sure,best to prob just tell them you will collect it yourself from them.. didnt know you lived within distance of the depot so thought you would have to pay the 20 eur for delivery... give them a bell in the morning to be sure..

Oops I think I am a bit mixed up .. I live In Cork, I assumed Nightline would have a depot in Cork like most couriers have? Or is there just a main one in Dublin? If its just in Dublin I will have to do delivery. how much can I expect to pay altogether?

Oops I think I am a bit mixed up .. I live In Cork, I assumed Nightline would have a depot in Cork like most couriers have? Or is there just a main one in Dublin? If its just in Dublin I will have to do delivery. how much can I expect to pay altogether?

From Belfast it will go to the Dublin depot and onward to the Cork Depot.. It says on their site you can collect it from your local depot..not sure if they will charge you more since its oversized but under the specified weight.. just ring them in the morning to be on the safe side..

Can send them a tweet either,from looking on their twitter page someone had the same issue and they told them they can collect it from any nightline depot..

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭IrishStuff09

I think the 35kg is dimensional weight, so a TV likely exceeds that?

I never used parcel motel for oversized items,but if they truck a 51inch tv from one end of the country to the other for 3.50,its some service :D

hmm.. so i can expect an extra charge? i am fine with that, but just want to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Check dimensional weight charges on PM website. I doubt a large tv will fall within the limit. In case of a large item with an actual weight of <35kg the dimensional weight can be more. How to calculate the dimensional weight is on the website. The first 35kg is covered by the €3.50 after that is €3.50 per 10kg over 35kg. Forwarding is another €10.50 but afaik you can pick it up in nightline depot cork.
    -edit- going by the details on amazon I'm guessing the box will be approx 130x90x10 divided that by 3000 makes 39kg. So it would cost €7 if you collect. This is a guess if it comes in a ridiculously big box it could be a bit more....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

I do wish that they would bang multiple deliveries into one locker. Even if they charge per parcel. It would just make life easier collecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,122 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I do wish that they would bang multiple deliveries into one locker. Even if they charge per parcel. It would just make life easier collecting.
    Are you really serious? It takes about 20 seconds to enter your details again. Not to mention the parcel(s) at the back that you can't reach...

If it's not broken....

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Esel wrote: »
    Are you really serious? It takes about 20 seconds to enter your details again. Not to mention the parcel(s) at the back that you can't reach...

If it's not broken....

Yes of course I'm serious. I collected 5 parcels on Monday and stood there in the rain entering the next set of details, and again, and again, and again, and again. Plus it would help resolve the issue of full motels.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Yes of course I'm serious. I collected 5 parcels on Monday and stood there in the rain entering the next set of details, and again, and again, and again, and again. Plus it would help resolve the issue of full motels.

doing what you are suggesting does create problems in relation to sending you the details and situations where two or more parcels may not fit properly into a locker.

Its far more straight forward to have one parcel per locker and to send you that one locker details.

Cabaal wrote: »
    doing what you are suggesting does create problems in relation to sending you the details and situations where two or more parcels may not fit properly into a locker.

Its far more straight forward to have one parcel per locker and to send you that one locker details.

If the parcels don't fit, use separate lockers?

I'm really just airing a general opinion, I'm not considering how to implement.

There is a gap there for a more PO Box type set up (far too expensive for an ordinary person to rent) where everything gets lumped into one large locker and exceptions are handled.

There is quite a bit of space wastage with the current set up, small parcels in large lockers etc. but I understand there are logistic and programming issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Has anyone else on PAYG had an issue with their card being declined out of the blue lately? It happened my sister last week and when she called she was told to top up the credit instead, and now its happened me today despite it being the same card used for over a year on the account and never a problem before.

I gave them a quick call and also got a "top up your account" answer

• Registered Users Posts: 37 drik

Hi, just wondering has anyone ever successfully ordered from the UK Boots.com site? I have items in my basket but cant seem to get past review basket - nothing happens when I click checkout (Ive tried a few browsers in case Chrome was an issue). Not sure if its a site issue or if they know Im using an Irish IP address.
    Thanks!

Well, my TV shows as Delivered to PM's address on the Amazon tracking page as of 1pm today.

How long usually until its down here to me in Cork ready for collection?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Well, my TV shows as Delivered to PM's address on the Amazon tracking page as of 1pm today.

Expect a text at 7am.

EDIT: Oops sorry, I didn't realise it's an oversized parcel.

I had to have mine collected for me in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

I doubt it will go to cork, afaik outsize parcels automatically go to Dublin for collection at the depot. You can then contact pm if you want to collect it in Cork. If you check your account online it will probably show up and maybe you can get it sent straight to Cork but it won't go there before you contact them...

flyguy wrote: »
    I doubt it will go to cork, afaik outsize parcels automatically go to Dublin for collection at the depot. You can then contact pm if you want to collect it in Cork. If you check your account online it will probably show up and maybe you can get it sent straight to Cork but it won't go there before you contact them...

It shows as CheckedIn in Belfast.

Surely they will send it straight to the nightline depot in Cork since my selected locker is also in Cork?

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement