Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

random stuff we likey!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Realisations of new chapters with people etc, and know that I will never lose them in one way or another :)

Sexytimes and lots of them, comedy nights on tv, drunky times even if your not the one whos drunk but just enjoying their drunkenness :D:p, chipper food together, chatting and cuddles!

Afternoons in the park and new places outdoorsy together!

Knowing where I stand, but also knowing there will be more times like this with this person, in the coming future at least :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

That lovely chill that's starting to come on now in late evenings & early mornings.

Custard donuts and shandy soft drinks :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

sentient_6 wrote: »
    That lovely chill that's starting to come on now in late evenings & early mornings.

It took me totally by surprise; where the hell did that chill come from today :confused: I could see my own breath :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Fresh bread!!

Oh the smell!!

Sexytime, talkies, cuddles, Indian takeaway of which weve always got the past year or so, Love/hate boxset, Insideous on TV, then a rainy yet cosy walt to the busstop and kisses in the rain :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Once again my work makes an appearance in here, I feel lucky :)

Tonight I met a lovely family consisting of a daughter (40's); - her mom and aunt two sisters (50's) and their brother / uncle (60's) ...

One sister approached me in tears telling me her sister was crying so I accompanied her to find her sister was indeed in tears; was ill; had not eaten since dinner on Tuesday (no b'fast or dinner Wednesday) ; was diabetic and refusing to eat :eek: I was informed that she herself was dyslexic and turned out over the night, both had issues with telecommunications in that they didn't know how to operate a phone, how to hold a phone nor dial for assistance. I knew what I was dealing with here.
    Very fortunate to Graduate last-year with a 1st Class Honors in Psychology so was well equipped for this situation and was more confident dealing with all the issues I was now facing :o

They were seen by a doctor and I spent a considerable time researching diabetes; meal-plans and some of the more serious issues the daughter was informing me of as they will be in my company tomorrow. They don't know what she could eat safely with diabetes; had more on my shoulders tonight at work that I could have envisioned when heading in yesterday afternoon!

They are now more content; more confident on dealing with everything; I'll talk them through the breakfast options I have complied; lunch and dinner alternatives and options that I now know (and didn't this time yesterday as I've never been this close to someone with diabetes); had privilege of meeting some unique and genuinely lovely people who I found out some would not give the time of day due to some of what they deal with daily, personally.

Random Stuff I Likey was certainly my work tonight where I'd the Privilege of researching and learning about new topics for me - in detail; about conditions and mental issues people face and live with - up close.

I just feel privileged that this family trusted me in every way they have done :)

Certainly Random Stuff that I Likey,
    kerry4sam

Hope, in any and every form, and things that give you hope on a certain situation/person for the future and the thinkings that we will be all good like before but better, no matter what happens!

Making the very most of each moment, day, week etc with that person, even more than ever!

Trying out nightvision goggles!

Oranges!

Cuddles etc ;)

Looking through old pix of us together!

Singing together!

Recording stuff together, or having things recorded for me to my phone! :)

Spent some lovely relaxing hours this morning dog-sitting a beautiful husky. Whenever I walk her she picks a colourful flower or plant from the side of the road, never anything green though, and carries it on her walkies with her head up so it won't touch the ground, walking as proud as punch! :)

Had myself a pedicure and manicure; my eyebrows re-shaped; and the most relaxing bath which always eases the pain in my back (while I wait on yet another CT scan to find the full extent of the damage done to my spinal disc). Oh! and the Sun was Shining today too!

Yet some more Random Stuff I Likey indeed :)

Hope you all Enjoyed your own Saturday thus far,
    kerry4sam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

I went to a Single's Night!! :D Finally! (Refer to previous posts for constantly endlessly never shutting about them! :rolleyes: ) Had to put on my big girl's pants for it but was more curious and nosey more-so than scared etc. lol, to find out what it was all about! But am kinda glad it’s here, over, been and gone, now though as the anticipation and waiting for things is annoying!

Kudos to the peeps that go to the trouble of organizing these things. It’s nice to have something different to go to. Didn't stay till the end, it seemed to be very drawn-out and dragged a bit which kinda vetoed the element of it ever being any ways fun but it was a bit of entertainment anyway! :)

Definitely good to do / see something different! ;) Don't know if the concept will ever kick off here maybe it's different in other counties around Ireland, I don't know, but half was all girls, the other half all boys!! Actually, now that I think of it, I think there was regular Punters that were in seating in full-view of the Event taking place, don’t think that was at all fair on Attendees going to something like this! Although Ticket-cost to go was cheap-ish, dedicating a whole separate room or something would have been more ideal for it! Maybe about a handful of fellas milled about the place but that was it, Attempts to integrate/interact weren’t really viable as it was so clearly-defined half and half!! I think the girls just treated it as something different to do for a Girl's Night Out, dunno what the fellas treated it as! Would love to know what the guys’ thoughts / take on it was!

There did seem to be a fair few Hosts / Organizers for it alright, but, they didn’t do anything. They just seemed to be standing back looking-on like, it might have been more beneficial to the Night if they went around and did their part in the Hosting and mixed people up a bit or something and got folk chatting, but maybe they were of the opinion to leave be as is. Ended up heading off to few other places and met a lovely guy along the way too! Wouldn’t have met him if didn’t go to this! :pac: So thanks for that Singles Night!!

Although not overly-expensive, am veering towards not getting actual literal moneys-worth out of it, even though do admire people for coming up with different things to do and new ideas. Plus am delighted that I did it and glad I went through with it!! But speed-dating with an exact purpose might be more aaaam informative?!? :o Ya can find out at the end if people are interested or not which is kinda the whole point to it! Other than that, if ya want to just chat go to a Pub! :P But would never in a whole million gazillion trillion years ever do anything like that, it wouldn’t be suited to my type of person AT ALL i.m.o., in any way shape or form! But it’s not at all daunting though! Worth trying out anyway. Am very happy I did! :) Can tick it off the To-Do List!

Million times better than me sitting in whining about being bored and feeling down and all that lark, that’s for sure! Need to get out there, and things can be and are, right there waiting!! Need to win the Lotto now to have all the monies to go to ALL teh things. :) Speed-dating next hopefully! There was some stunning-looking peeps both girls and guys at the Event though. Couple of guys in particular but have no idea who they are or anything…… :/ Determinedly awaits future-path-crossing of a certain couple of unknown guys now! :D:/

Pink iced donuts!

Flightfest!

Getting all name coke bottles of the people mostly important to you! :D

Big hugs, hand holding, and kisses! :)

Cute chatting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

When the peel comes off your orange all in one piece.

Opera Cake!! Hate coffee drinks but for some crazy reason, adore coffee flavoured cakes! Mmmmmmmmmmmm :)

Complments, kisses etc, chipper food together, dozy cuddles, "Oz the great and powerful" and Mila Kunis as The Witch, sleepy snuggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

A wonderful little piece of card... with a lovely little hologram on it...

"Cluiche Ceannais Na Peile 2013"...

"Dineen/Hill 16"...

Ticket for Hill 16 on All Ireland Final Day: €40

Dublin Replica Jersey: €60

Having a ticket to the All Ireland Final with my Beloved Blues playing: priceless

There are some things money cannot buy... for everything else, there is nothing else like it.

COME ON YOU BOYS IN BLUE!!! YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!! :D

• Advertisement

Playing about in the park, big cuddles and kisses, joking around and chatting, gorgeous summer weather, and all that in the park you pretty much grew up by and which was the area of your start of your voyage into wiccan/paganism about 10 years ago :)

Sunburnt? check...

Sore? check...

Broke? check...

Half-cut? check...

BUT TOTALLY WORTH IT!!!

ATH CLIATH ABÚ, DUBLIN ALL IRELAND CHAMPIONS 2013! Get in!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

FIFA 14 pre-ordered and paid for...now to go into Gamestop for the midnight launch and, with no work on Friday, that leaves me all day to get stuck into it!!

Time off from work with my love :)

We spent the whole week together watching films, playing games, lunches out, trips to museums and gardens, comedy shows and the zoo. Never get bored of spending time with him, always feel so happy and loved :D

Doing things/going places you thought a few weeks back you never would again!

Newborn babies!

Awesome finds in charity shops, - almost newly released dvds and new rock doc martens!

Long chats about everything, and finally almost understanding!

Yamamouri ramen!

Kisses and holding hands on walks through town!

Going to my 2nd fave chinese place and places near it, for the first time in ages, and beers with it!

Lots of Snuggles and cuddles! :)

Cosy snoozeytime wrapped in each others arms!

"Paul" movie :D

Maccarroon bars!

• Advertisement

Watching a muppets film all snuggly buggly like :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

That first sip of your favourite tea..... :)

I'm 5 years behind a serious trend here (hell, I get left behind by every trend, methinks). But I've just started watching Breaking Bad in the last couple of days. F*ck me, it's amazing. I've only just finished season 1, so I've got 4 left. So I got a good few weeks of viewing left, before I gotta find a new "something" to watch! :D

Pizza lunch!

Sweet phonecalls!

Sexytime, cuddles and snuggly sleeps!

Chats!

Dvd/tv time together!

Indian takeaway that I consider one of "our takeaways"

Getting told Im beautiful etc truthfully

early morning sleepyness cuddles together

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tito Man!

Pizza and football.

Love/Hate back on tonight!

Have cut down on my smoking; have gone from doing an impression of a chimney to less than 1 pack a day. Hoping to be down to 10 or less soon. (I'm also extra "cuddly" thanks to this. :o Thankfully I've a very patient and caring boyfriend!)

That wonderful feeling when a head cold clears up; I can breathe through my nose again!

Doing a stupid accumulator in the football on your way home from work on a Friday, and having it click completely on Sunday. Nice little touch! :D

Cuddles and kisses etc ;):D

Being called beautiful, irreplaceable, perfection among other sweet things, hopefully truthfully by that special someone :)

Chinese in bed together while watching simpsons, friends, lovehate, south park, and dumb and dumber!

Sleepy yummy naps together!

Sexytime, and great stuff at that :D

The best sleep ive got in a long time wrapped in his arms, then waking up to see him looking at me :)

Iron Man 3 watched together, again!

Being given cute sweeties in the form of girlie kinder eggs and popping candy :)

Long kisses and hanging out before saying byesies for a few days, sad but cute!

Being understood, and understanding him too.

Tymbark passion fruit juice!

Tonight at work a local was enquiring about my back and started giving out about the chair I was using not being condusive to my injury. Whatever expression I gave him, he offered to walk home to bring me back a chair from his home down the road :o He said it was tall & supportive and offered to walk home in the rain to retrieve it for me!

*** ~~~ ***

Someone approached me informing me that their car battery was dead. I made one phonecall to a local taxi company and a passing driver pulled in and re-started their car, not only once, but they had to return and re-start a second time and they done so with a smile saying "no bother, any time"!

Random Stuff that I likey: Living in a Small Town and having dealings with Genuinely Lovely People :)

Walking in the rain whilst crying with some slushy smalthzy song playing on your mp3, cheesy and also makes your tears seem not so big :(

Calpol

Painkillers

Late night up, cos cant sleep, watching old horrors!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

This song is guaranteed to put me in a great mood! :D

Tito Man! wrote: »
    Have cut down on my smoking; have gone from doing an impression of a chimney to less than 1 pack a day. Hoping to be down to 10 or less soon. (I'm also extra "cuddly" thanks to this. :o Thankfully I've a very patient and caring boyfriend!)

I'm now down to 10 a day. Nerves still a little frayed, but I'm getting there!

That song seems particularly apt: "One day at a time, SWEET JESUS..." (emphasis on the SWEET JESUS part). :o

But a hug, a word of encouragement and a cup of tea all helps! :D

• Advertisement

Being/feeling truly happy 100% again, seemed to come and go a fair bit over the past few months so Im making the most of it even more when its here and hope and pray and have faith in the fact that it will stay around for always as it was supposed to at the start of this year till 3/4 in :) hopefully!!!

I don't know what my movement/agility will be like when the treatment commences on my spinal injury soon so I've managed to shop & wrap all of my Christmas Pressies early this year! I've also bought and wrapped my sisters birthday pressie (for next week-end) and also looked after my Dads birthday pressie for New Years Eve!

Some Random Stuff I likey: Being prepared and organised with my Pressie Shopping. Having everything purchased and wrapped, with only lickle bows left to buy and put on :)

I really like being prepared & organised!

/I'll still be in town with my Dad on Christmas Eve as inevitably, their will be something one of us will have forgotten to buy between us as we always end up in town on that day :o

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQO-Zxd5oQLGu4L5QsJTP1jJGzVGn4c5YrA9tSyLm3n2ZzOYvbw

Counselling sessions!

Thai food!

Cuddles!

Taking pictures!

Having the bf meet your mates!

Going to "our places" with the bf!

Being given and remembered my fave drink!

KFC!

First time together, just me and him, at a hotel!

Premier Inn, didnt think it would be that cosy and fun etc, and the shops surrounding it!

Feeling magickal and happy and that everything will be all good with us again for always!

Me to you bear toys, panda!!!

Hello Kitty goodie bag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

The colours of the leaves on the trees at the moment - just stunning! :)

That really big stretch you can do, and that little niggly thing that's been annoying you finally clicks back into place. Bliss!

Yeah, traffic's annoying. But with an AUX cable and your iPod, it's amazing how sometimes you just don't care!

A long, relaxing soak in the bath.

The zoo!

German films!

Marshmallows!

Butler's Chocolates especially the White Chocolate Flake!

Monkeys!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Starting work early to get off early, finished today at half 2.

Knowing i haven't a tap to do for the evening except put the feet up, finish breaking bad, while pigging out on pringles, dip & chocolate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Starting work early to get off early, finished today at half 2.

Knowing i haven't a tap to do for the evening except put the feet up, finish breaking bad, while pigging out on pringles, dip & chocolate.

Looking forward to a quiet weekend myself cos from next weekend on I have stuff on every weekend! I love when you have nothing to do sometimes :)

Surprise sweet texts!

Dart trips together!

Being called "girlfriend" again by the one you love!

Dun laoighraire college open day!

Thai curry at our usual place!

Kisses and hugs!

Getting pizza at our place again!

Being given cute little gifts that mean so much!

Romantic plans!

Specially bought Ankh necklaces!

Hotel St George with the bf!

Santa Clause 2!

Chipper foodies, rib steak!

Return of the jedi!

Snuggles and cuddles!

Future plans!

Being told that Im definitly under serious consideration as a life mate :)

Sexy showers ;)

Being shown new parks you never saw before, and feeding the ducks!

The Italian Corner!

Sweet texts and phonecalls and promises!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Salt001

Oh the post arriving when you have been living it up on e-bay :P :)

I received my 1st Christmas Card this morning - 02 December '13 :) Thanks Brian! Every Year, the 1st Card I receive is from you.

Random Stuff that I Likey: Sending & Receiving Christmas Cards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

There's something warm about waking up at 7am to go to college and the boyfriend walks me to the bus stop. Waking up for college with him makes the day brighter. :)

Squirrels!

Being called an adult by another adult :eek: I never thought the day would come :P

Finding out that somebody actually read one of my papers :eek:

Good surprises!

Snuggles!

Double decadence pizza!

Cookies!

Cute chats!

Cuddles and kisses!

Move marathons!

Chicken and beef dinners and cherry coke!

Relaxing sleeps!

Finally having a black trenchcoat and getting compliments!

Burrito bar!

Kisses!

Being called beautiful and girlfriend again by the the most important person to you in the world!

Xmas shopping together!

White hot chocolates together after xmas shopping and just relaxing in the warmth of the coffee shop watching the xmas lights!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Adorable friends on boards.ie :D

Going to Ireland

Live opera at the airport

Tasty pizza-lunch

Nice taxi drivers

Red noses on cars :pac:

Resting my head on mr Chuckles' shoulder after a long day of travelling :)

It's been a great day :)

• Advertisement

I saw an old lady today with fairy lights wrapped around her cane :D If I have to grow old, I want to be like her :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

I likey:

Great big bear hugs

Getting back into bed after a lovely shower all wrapped up in towels and staying cuddled up there until I am dry!

putting clothes straight on out of the dryer! (and smelling the Comfort Pure on them..bliss)

Watching Thunder, lightning, and wind storms

Music that gives me goose pimples or brings me to tears

and finally sunshine, lollipops and rainbows. All three make me smile, four including this forum!

Winning the cutest teddy at the Christmas market. I love those funfair games.

Crepes with melted chocolate and marshmallows.

Warm apple cider.

Snuggles.

Walking in the drizzle.

Kisses and snuggles, feeling wanted and loved!

Dozing together!

Xmas pressies and getting my stocking filled up, 2 years running so far :)

New takeaway places and foods chosen!

The Snowman and Father Christmas dvds, after not having watched them since about 5years ago!

Nice things said and promised!

Knowing and being told that this xmas isnt the last xmas with the bf!

Family time!

Giving pressies!

Santa outfits!

Being told that maybe one day the bfs brother will be my brother in law :D:D;):D:) That kind of stuff never made me smile or want it before the bf!

Homemade dinners!

Feeling good again!

Christmas is nearly here! The big kid that is me is positively bouncing around the place!

I'm off work since last Friday, and am off until the 6th January. Nice long break to catch up with family, friends and everyone else!

Warm apple punch from the Armagh Cider Company. Blissful.

Watching old films at this time of the year. Classics never die!

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYBODY! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement