Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

Hows every one feeling about BF4 settings ?

271122.png

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Ordered Aerocool VS-92 ATX Part-Mesh USB 3.0 Gaming Case, after a week, it hasn't even left it's country of origin, comes up as undeliverable and provides me full refund. The customer service useless with no idea what happened, telling me to order again... yeah right.

oh boy..... :confused:

Received so many crap to this address no prob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

I may have to buy another SSD and GPU but good so far nice to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

It looks like owners of some of Nvidias higher end cards(gtx 680/770) will not meet the recommended graphics memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

tuxy wrote: »
    It looks like owners of some of Nvidias higher end cards(gtx 680/770) will not meet the recommended graphics memory.

That's being pushed by AMD no doubt. There's no way that's referring to 1080p. It will def be a problem for nVidia at 1440p if it means that the engine will be even greedier at those reses, though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Nvidias GPU architectecture uses a lot less memory than AMD's for some reason. Like 500mb-1gb in some games

3GB would be required for bragging rights, not actual experience. The only thing using so much memory would be HD textures, and I still kinda doubt they will manage to use all that amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

raymix wrote: »
    3GB would be required for bragging rights, not actual experience. The only thing using so much memory would be HD textures, and I still kinda doubt they will manage to use all that amount.

I know this but the recommended specs are still 3gb this could deter many from buying nvidia cards regardless of performance.

I know this but the recommended specs are still 3gb this could deter many from buying nvidia cards regardless of performance.

That's a valid point there. Shouldn't affect those who actually do some research or ask around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Squaredude

A new SSD and I'm good to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'll be able to run it, but dunno if I'll buy it. All depends on server side admin tool, and how it handles clan matches, and/or server mods. BF3 sucked regarding this, and I'd say most clans won't be holding their breaths over this...

=-=

Rome 2 has slid down to €32, so it may slide down further, depending on sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

How can they say a 7870 is recommended with 3gb vram when there aren't any 3gb 7870's (i think)?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

game4it70 wrote: »
    How can they say a 7870 is recommended with 3gb vram when there aren't any 3gb 7870's (i think)?

:confused:
    Had a look, and off topic, found a video with "ultra high 1080p on hd 7870 3gb with fx injector", yet they upload with it 480p...! But couldn't find any 3GB 7870's for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Fiddlex

Do you think a single 670 OC 2GB will play BF4 alright @1440p with auto settings, dont care for ultra or high at all. I play BF3 at ultra and its fine but im not a hardcore computer gamer.

the_syco wrote: »
    Had a look, and off topic, found a video with "ultra high 1080p on hd 7870 3gb with fx injector", yet they upload with it 480p...! But couldn't find any 3GB 7870's for sale.

could it be a leak to possibility of a new gpu to be released? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭game4it70

could it be a leak to possibility of a new gpu to be released? :confused:

AMD are releasing new cards around the same time as Bf4 comes out.

To me it looks like EA/Dice are in bed with AMD and are really trying to push the "3gb" to make people lean towards getting a card from AMD as 3gb is more common with them compared to Nvidia.

They also said at E3 that Bf4 will run better on AMD systems.

game4it70 wrote: »
    AMD are releasing new cards around the same time as Bf4 comes out.

To me it looks like EA/Dice are in bed with AMD and are really trying to push the "3gb" to make people lean towards getting a card from AMD as 3gb is more common with them compared to Nvidia.

They also said at E3 that Bf4 will run better on AMD systems.

well we no that, its says it on the website.. Look at all the games optimized to invidia because of phzsex...

I've played them Being honest its a let down on a amd rig I always get jutterey play Boarder lands 2 perfect example

I play tomb raider on my rig on ultra high settings and its beautiful

So why wouldn't one of the biggest games of all time IMO be set to drop with new cards it makes perfect sense make money, name of the game and for years I've always got the impression that uneducated people think AMD are **** when its not the case.

Im delighted that bf3 is on AMD its just give the invidia/intel folk a kick in the nuts. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

well we no that, its says it on the website.. Look at all the games optimized to invidia because of phzsex...

I've played them Being honest its a let down on a amd rig I always get jutterey play Boarder lands 2 perfect example

So why wouldn't one of the biggest games of all time IMO be set to drop with new cards it makes perfect sense make money, name of the game and for years I've always got the impression that uneducated people think AMD are **** when its not the case.

Im delighted that bf3 is on AMD its just give the invidia/intel folk a kick in the nuts. :D
    What specs was that AMD rig? You might just have been playing on a low end card/CPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

It's because physx runs on the cpu and not the gpu on amd systems. Certain physics tasks really need the parallel processing power of a gpu. Stuff like liquid physics eats cpu cycles.

Proprietary software like Phys-x is bollox and harms the industry though. Gpu based physics should be standard on any card.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Need to pick up a netbook. Laptop is f'cked and I need something for college. Ultrabook would rock, but no way do I have the cash so its down to something for €300-400.

Are there any decent netbooks left? Market seems to have been decimated by tablet mania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

What about some of the Sandy Bridge ~13'' laptops? I saw a few for cheap a while ago. I'll take a look later.
    Or you could check to see if you can get Surface RT through your college for cheap... downside is that it doesn't support most applications (i.e., exes) because of the different architecture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

ED E wrote: »
    Need to pick up a netbook. Laptop is f'cked and I need something for college. Ultrabook would rock, but no way do I have the cash so its down to something for €300-400.

Are there any decent netbooks left? Market seems to have been decimated by tablet mania.

This looks alright, though slightly over budget

http://www.amazon.co.uk/S200E-11-6-inch-Touchscreen-VivoBook-500GB/dp/B00B4AAS7K/ref=sr_1_7?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1378882335&sr=1-7&keywords=Asus

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Get a Chromebook :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭rd1izb7lvpuksx

ED E wrote: »

A few weeks ago, my work machine crapped out on me, and I needed a new laptop immediately, I found this in Argos for €350. It's fine for the usual office/media/internet stuff, but you won't be playing many games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Ordering a MSI HD 7950 tonight GTX 760, wooooo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Linus has got a giveaway going for 8x4TB WD Reds. Go look:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/52951-wd-red-4tb-giveaway/

I'm a little lost, can someone suggest reputable LED light manufacturers for PC case? Need white for myself and orange for a buddy.
    Found NZXT and bitfenix ones so far, maybe someone can throw in 2 cents on this, thanks.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Serephucus wrote: »
    Linus has got a giveaway going for 8x4TB WD Reds. Go look:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/52951-wd-red-4tb-giveaway/

You like freebies don't you? I was tempted to give you a completely free Warning to go with that free bonus entry you got for the competition by linking it here...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Dunno if anyone else has seen this but it looks like a good idea. Phone Bloks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement