Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 months since working out pics

Options
  • 24-08-2013 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I posted here back in june.
    I was worried that my stomach would be forever ruined from weighing 18 and a half stone.

Since then ive started lifting weights which ive previously ignored.

My only problem is actually taking in enough calories daily, ironically i now have a tiny appetite! :o

Anyway im quite happy with how i've done, not happy with gains as there isn't alot but i've become a lot trimmer and I think my tummy looks tighter.

Any opinions and advice encouraged please!! cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Firstly, superb work on getting down from 18 odd stone. Well done.
    Personally, I would stop dieting now if I were you and focus on building muscle.
    Getting any leaner would leave you looking emaciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

gollywog wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I posted here back in june.
    I was worried that my stomach would be forever ruined from weighing 18 and a half stone.

Since then ive started lifting weights which ive previously ignored.

My only problem is actually taking in enough calories daily, pironically i now have a tiny appetite! :o

Anyway im quite happy with how i've done, not happy with gains as there isn't alot but i've become a lot trimmer and I think my tummy looks tighter.

Any opinions and advice encouraged please!! cheers :)
    I reckon you need to put a new coat of a different colour paint on those walls, mate. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36,236 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Eat! :) Small caloric surplus as part of a clean well balanced diet and as heavy a training program as you can manage and you'll be on the road to where most people dream of being.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Thanks guys!

I've cleaned up what I'm eating but eating that many calories of clean food is daunting to me now!

Diet is not in my mind now, I want to bulk a bit now.

Any suggestions for someone who has trouble eating enough??

Hopefully in 3 months time I'll have more muscle on me to post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭schwalbe

Well done tbh.
    Buy a tub of protein and fit in a shake at some time during the day or before you go to bed,stuff I put in mine includes almonds,milk,walnuts,cashews and coconut oil(extra virgin-must taste and smell of coconut,cheapest by the tub from iherb). All those nuts can be got for best price in lidl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

gollywog wrote: »
    Thanks guys!

I've cleaned up what I'm eating but eating that many calories of clean food is daunting to me now!

Diet is not in my mind now, I want to bulk a bit now.

Any suggestions for someone who has trouble eating enough??

Hopefully in 3 months time I'll have more muscle on me to post!

You managed the self discipline to decrease your calorie intake to lose a lot of weight.
    Use that same self discipline to bulk.

Ya I use a protein shake when I can afford it, but can't this week so it's a little sporadic...

I'm training myself to eat more lately, and my appetite is definitely increasing so I'll keep at it.

Regarding the lifting heavy part, if I'm being honest, I'm incredibly weak at the moment. I never really went near weights before now so I'm a total newb. Currently my max bench is 70kg,max deadlift 100kg and I use very light weights in some exercises to be able to achieve any sort of former. So I'm not able to lift heavy yet I'm afraid. Hopefully this won't slow me down too much?

And one last thing,
    Can you guys guesstimate my body fat %?
    I just want to know out of curiosity as it's the leanest I've been ever I'd say!

Thanks again
    P

• Registered Users Posts: 36,236 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Lift heavy = lift what's heavy for you. Lift at numbers where it's hard to bang out three sets of five with good form; then go away and eat and rest and return to add a little weight on the bar and do it again.

Do that consistently and your lift heavy will just be heavy. Good luck.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Lift heavy = lift what's heavy for you. Lift at numbers where it's hard to bang out three sets of five with good form; then go away and eat and rest and return to add a little weight on the bar and do it again.

Do that consistently and your lift heavy will just be heavy. Good luck.

Thanks loyd.

Sounds like I'm on the right path then. My food intake is getting easier now, I thought that was goin to be the hardest part to be honest!

Advertisement