Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its live - Squad selection discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

Will Baker start for Villa?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Reservations at Dorsia

Is Steklenberg for Fulham a good first choice keeper at 5 mil?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Hmmm, Mata & Torres not in the Spain squad for the friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I think so anyway, have gone with him for now. Only thing that makes me doubt him is the defence... there are stronger ones out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Okay lads need some help with midfield.

Originally had Nani in MF but since he picked up a knock I need a replacement. Currently have 6.5 but can easily up that 7.0 with no hassle at all.

Can attempt to up it slightly higher if need be but would really prefer not to.

I'm thinking of taking the gamble on Paulinho in the Tottenham squad this year @ 7.0

Other options were Zaha (Not a guaranteed starter), Carrick (Not a high point scorer), Nolan, Snodgrass, Cabaye, Ben Arfa..

Haalp!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

he is, but if you can free up an extra .5 mignolet at liverpool is a much better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I think so anyway, have gone with him for now. Only thing that makes me doubt him is the defence... there are stronger ones out there.

If there weren't stronger ones out there he'd cost more than 5m

Danger781 wrote: »

Originally had Nani in MF but since he picked up a knock I need a replacement. Currently have 6.5 but can easily up that 7.0 with no hassle at all.

I'm thinking of taking the gamble on Paulinho in the Tottenham squad this year @ 7.0

Other options were Zaha (Not a guaranteed starter), Carrick (Not a high point scorer), Nolan, Snodgrass, Cabaye, Ben Arfa..

Haalp!

Ramires @ 6.5 for the double game week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Haalp!

I'd go with Nolan, his fixtures for the first 6 or 7 matches are great, after that you can reasses it and you'll know if nani is first choice or if paulinho is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Haalp!

Mirallas?

• Advertisement

Ramires @ 6.5 for the double game week

Have Cole / Hazard / Lukaku already
    Mirallas?

Have him! Besides he's 7.5 :P
    Hogey007 wrote: »
    I'd go with Nolan, his fixtures for the first 6 or 7 matches are great, after that you can reasses it and you'll know if nani is first choice or if paulinho is worth it.

This is more than likely what I'll do.. :o I have some thinking to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Have Cole / Hazard / Lukaku already

Have him! Besides he's 7.5 :P

This is more than likely what I'll do.. :o I have some thinking to do :)

Yea I'm thinking of going with Nolan too. Good fixtures to start with. Will probably play wildcard early so can always shift him out quickly. Should be a cert to play and always good for popping up with a goal or two. Pity Carroll is out though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I have 13 of my 15 pretty much locked in. I've £11m left for one midfielder and one forward. My two options are:

a) Kim (CAR) and Rodriguez (SOU)
    b) Schneiderlin (SOU) and Anelka (WBA)

I intend using the WC after GW3.

All opinions greatly appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Captain benteke or hazard? Worried that hazard wont get 180 minutes with so much competition at Chelsea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭anirishlad

Captain benteke or hazard? Worried that hazard wont get 180 minutes with so much competition at Chelsea

Benimar wrote: »
    I have 13 of my 15 pretty much locked in. I've £11m left for one midfielder and one forward. My two options are:

Me personally, I feel B is stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Benimar wrote: »

Rodriguez is the best option of the 4 so would therefore choose option a I guess although I wouldn't fancy Cardiff players to score much in the first 3 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

John Terry,4.5% ownership,Cen Fath????

Why are we so keen on him here....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

dahat wrote: »
    John Terry,4.5% ownership,Cen Fath????

Why are we so keen on him here....

Ivanovic has 26% and Luiz has 19.2% so the masses prefer spending the extra .5 and also probably have Baker for good measure :pac:

Why Cole only has 6.4% is the bigger question

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Ivanovic has 26% and Luiz has 19.2% so the masses prefer spending the extra .5 and also probably have Baker for good measure :pac:

Why Cole only has 6.4% is the bigger question

Indeed,Massive ownership gap is baffling,Baker at 20% or so is just baffling

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Indeed,Massive ownership gap is baffling,Baker at 20% or so is just baffling

It's just the sheep mentality. The 4.0 defender is probably the last player they pick, so they just see that he has the highest ownership, and stick him in without figuring out if he's actually going to play or not. And this drives his ownership % up even further.

It's just the sheep mentality. The 4.0 defender is probably the last player they pick, so they just see that he has the highest ownership, and stick him in without figuring out if he's actually going to play or not. And this drives his ownership % up even further.

I had him originally because he was the only one with points :P

I had him originally because he was the only one with points :P

Ironically, he will probably start one if not 2 of the DGW games (Okore is lacking matches, according to Lambert). But long term he is a terrible choice, and will only drop in value.

Wont Clark and Vlaar start for Villa?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Wont Clark and Vlaar start for Villa?
    Vlaar will. Clark would be a big doubt all season with Okore having come in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

two question

will lukaku play? if so that smy captain

whats the chances on the site crashing again and we can get unlimited transfers for game week 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

CSF wrote: »
    Vlaar will. Clark would be a big doubt all season with Okore having come in.
    Okore might not be match fit, it looks like Baker is ahead of Clark ATM but its a hard one to call, I would be giong no where near the Villa defence anyway, they were hopeless at the back last season and can't see them been any better at the back this year. Furthermore they have a really tough start to the campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Okore might not be match fit, it looks like Baker is ahead of Clark ATM but its a hard one to call, I would be giong no where near the Villa defence anyway, they were hopeless at the back last season and can't see them been any better at the back this year. Furthermore they have a really tough start to the campaign.
    Okore might not be match fit for Saturday. Chances are he probably will be by Chelsea though, and if not then, he'll surely come in for the Liverpool game. Making it all a bit of an unnecessary minefield for what will probably only be a 2-4 point gameweek for a Villa defender anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Ward Gabbidon & Moxey are all 4m and should start . Palace fan told me this .
    Gabbidon made a grand total of 10 appearances last year, 9 in the league. He's 34 as well. Doesn't look like he'll start.

Best 4.0m option IMO is Ramage, looked up all the newly promoted defenders a few weeks back and he looked the best bet. 40 league appearances with 4 goals and an assist.

• Advertisement

THFC wrote: »
    Best 4.0m option IMO is Ramage, looked up all the newly promoted defenders a few weeks back and he looked the best bet. 40 league appearances with 4 goals and an assist.

Sold!

Advertisement