Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Original artwork

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Eyepoke

Hi All

just got this on Tuesday. It done by glenn fabry for his new series

lot13.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

Went to the Paolo Rivera signing in FP on sunday which fell during the same weekend as my birthday. Managed to get my comics signed and also snagged a sketch from the man himself. Need to get that bad boy framed

579082_4950562728742_1987889432_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15 idwfan

I have an original page of Michael Lark's Scene of the Crime Graphic Novel from Vertigo.

Sketch wise I have an:
    Olivier Copiel House of M Magneto.
    Esad Ribic Namor
    Pia Guerra Yorick and Ampersand from Y The Last Man
    Cameron Stewart Bill Everette from The Other Side
    Mark Millar Spider-Man (even though he is a writer)

and a ton more I can't think of.

all for sale, maybe. :)

idwfan wrote: »
    I have an original page of Michael Lark's Scene of the Crime Graphic Novel from Vertigo.

Sketch wise I have an:
    Olivier Copiel House of M Magneto.
    Esad Ribic Namor
    Pia Guerra Yorick and Ampersand from Y The Last Man
    Cameron Stewart Bill Everette from The Other Side
    Mark Millar Spider-Man (even though he is a writer)

and a ton more I can't think of.

all for sale, maybe. :)

Pics of this???

• Registered Users Posts: 15 idwfan

I can take pics yeah and email them if anyone is interested.

Here's some I have handy, I forgot about the Adi Granov framed piece with original Captain America sketch and the Will Eisner Strength of Man autograph print.

I have a ton more framed stuff.

• Advertisement

I'm so very jealous of that Granov

• Registered Users Posts: 35 padimus2

Let me see,

Brent Anderson Astro City sketch
    John Romita Jr Spidey doodle
    Adi Granov Iron man head shot
    Loads of stuff from Chris Giarisso. (Mini Marvels writer & Artist)
    Michael Lark Kingpin sketch
    Tons of stuff from Nick Roche (my favourites being a Veronica Mars sketch and a spidey from him recently)
    Oh, and when I got married last year my brother presented me with a card that had been signed by Stuart Immomen, Bendis, Bruce Timm and others. Timm did a small batman sketch inside it too.

Courtesy of Will Sliney
    542805_10200625888276511_1829580193_n.jpg
    Courtesy of Nick Roche
    538325_10200625888956528_1198087315_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Anyone know a good (read: cheap) place to get stuff framed? Various size pieces involved of course so it'd have to be custom jobbys.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 padimus2

Saruwatari wrote: »
    Anyone know a good (read: cheap) place to get stuff framed? Various size pieces involved of course so it'd have to be custom jobbys.

There's a place in St Stephens Green at the top floor of the centre but it's pricey. They do good work though. Someone also mentioned one in the Dun Laoghaire shopping centre to me thats supposed to be reasonable.

I've used Ikea frames for some of my artwork and they look really nice. They've got so many different types and sizes you should be able to find something suitable and cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just after getting a gorgeous page, directly from Cam Kennedy himself :)

DSC_0299_zps958470ac.jpg

DSC_0307_zps5ecb7dba.jpg

DSC_0305_zps036bed62.jpg

DSC_0306_zpsf2bb5513.jpg

DSC_0302_zps98e8670d.jpg
    [/quote]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

o1s1n wrote: »
    Just after getting a gorgeous page, directly from Cam Kennedy himself :)

DSC_0299_zps958470ac.jpg

DSC_0307_zps5ecb7dba.jpg

DSC_0305_zps036bed62.jpg

DSC_0306_zpsf2bb5513.jpg

DSC_0302_zps98e8670d.jpg

That is fantastic, congrats. Would love to get my hands on some of his Rogue Trooper pages but they sold out long ago. I only have a couple of bits of original art myself, one Rogue page by Simon Coleby which is disappointing as the man himself does not appear but not to worry. I do have a page of John Cooper artwork though and it's his very first page of Johnny Red art when he took over JR duties from Joe Colquhoun in 1978. I'll get a picture up if anyone cares to view it.

Master of the Universe

Oh definitely, stick any artwork you have up! Would love to see it.

:)

I'd love to have some Cam Rogue pages too! Did miss out on some recently on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Saruwatari

Fantastic stuff o1s1n! How much did he charge? Would love to pick up something from his The Light and Darkness War one day...

Oh, and looking forward to meeting the man at 2D this year too!

Master of the Universe

Without wanting to divulge too much (!) all his Judge Dredd Warlord pages were in the region of 150gbp-350gbp, dependant on how good they were.

If you send him an email he'll send you a list of all the remaining artwork.

Unfortunately there weren't any from The Light and Darkness War...would be amazing to own one of them :)

I've never heard of 2D, is that an event up the north? Wouldn't mind heading along if he's going to be at it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

Here's the Johnny Red artwork, I got this about 2 years ago and just not had time to get it framed yet, which is ironic as I'm a framer myself in my spare time. Anyway, this will likely appeal to the older crew and fans of the old British anthologies, which I am. I was really happy to get a title page and it was only after I bought it that I learned it was in fact John Coopers very first Johnny Red art. Hope you enjoy.

Photo0154.jpg

Master of the Universe

Now that's a title page!

I was just discussing over on the 2000AD forums how i love when pasted on letting goes transparent over the years, showing the original art. It's like you get a glimpse of hidden artwork :)

You're a framer? I have an absolute load of artwork I've been meaning to get framed. However every time I had money to spend on it, I go and buy more art :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Eyepoke

hi guys

if anyone is interested im looking to sell this piece to buy a different one.
    let me know if anyone is interested.

Midnighter.jpg

Title: Midnighter #7 page18
    Artist: Darick Robertson (Penciller)
    Artist: Karl Story (Inker)
    Media Type: Pen and Ink

Signed buy karl Story

Advertisement