Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your car here, part 3 (Quote A Photo, GET A 24 HOUR BAN!!!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I sense some 35mm :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    'Tis one of my regular Drives up there, I often just turn around there where you are parked :). I do love that road that brings you up from Rathfarnham to viewpoint :D:cool:

I often bring the lads I live with with me and we go for drive thru Mcflurrys in Nutgrove after :P

Ever encounter the big lazy Labrador that likes to sleep on the road down to Nutgrove?
    The thing has scared the crap out of me on my bike a few times. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

CianRyan wrote: »
    Ever encounter the big lazy Labrador that likes to sleep on the road down to Nutgrove?
    The thing has scared the crap out of me on my bike a few times. :p

Lol no, but I know a cat similar to that in Rathnew. It just walks out into the road and crosses really really slowly, often cars have to stop for it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Yiz talking about the drive from Ballyboden up through Edmonstown that has loadsa twisties once you go past Cruagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Alan, you may take that back to where you got it painted and get them to do a fair bit more work on blending it in. The new paint stands out like a sore thumb!!

• Advertisement

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Yiz talking about the drive from Ballyboden up through Edmonstown that has loadsa twisties once you go past Cruagh?

Hard left after Cruagh and through some trees onto the Millitary Road, a regular for me when I get sick of traffic but I'd be coming up from Killakee.
    Alan, you may take that back to where you got it painted and get them to do a fair bit more work on blending it in. The new paint stands out like a sore thumb!!

Serious?
    I can't spot where it is? :confused:

Hard left after Cruagh and through some trees onto the Millitary Road, a regular for me when I get sick of traffic but I'd be coming up from Killakee.

One of the best spins in the area is from Cruagh up to the bad bends. In my old E36 323 M-Sport I used to screw it up there pushing it to the edge. Next car was an Audi Coupe 2.8 Quattro and no matter how hard I pushed it she would never step out in the dry. Another great driving road is the spin from Laragh to Rathdrum in Wicklah. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I used to screw it up there

:eek:

Taking a love for cars a bit too far there :p

One of the best spins in the area is from Cruagh up to the bad bends. In my old E36 323 M-Sport I used to screw it up there pushing it to the edge. Next car was an Audi Coupe 2.8 Quattro and no matter how hard I pushed it she would never step out in the dry. Another great driving road is the spin from Laragh to Rathdrum in Wicklah. ;)

I have to get more adventurish with my routes, only recently I've started going up by Kilbride to Sally Gap.

Got a google maps locotion for the bad bends? (assuming that's a place and not a term. :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,497 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Sunshine makes everything better.

2lsxxlt.jpg

10yfdw2.jpg

5180hv.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

FFS, your E39 is a stunner!

I'd say it's just the light, the "wrong" shade on the top of the arch seems to continue along the top of the rear bumper so I think what we're seeing is reflection issues rather than blending issues.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Car was painted from the door back over the arch. Cant see it in the photo even, but i certainly cant see anything in the flesh also. Ill post up proper before and after photos tomorrow. More close-up rather than artsy shots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Alan how much did that set you back again?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

dgt wrote: »
    Alan how much did that set you back again?

500. Both sides and ivolved some welding on the passenger side also. Great job to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

500. Both sides and ivolved some welding on the passenger side also. Great job to be fair.

Good price for the work involved! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

Looks a good job to me. Would you recommend them and if so could you PM me their details as I want to get a few jobs done to one of my cars, nothing serious but since its my first car, (have it 13 years so far), I'd like to get on top of the few rust patches before it becomes serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 866 ✭✭✭renofan

Sunshine makes everything better.

Have to say the E39 in Mtec form is still hard to beat. Hard to believe the E39 first came out in 1996. Imo I think the pre-facelift headlights are nicer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

That's a rickety road from laragh to rathdrum alright! area of happy memories for me around there though, always brings a smile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Pff, my daily gets like 22 to 23mpg, sub 20mpg, sure thats crazy. :P
    Did make more sense with the LPG powered Audi S8 though!

I'm getting 18mpg, if I'm lucky :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

fmun8j.jpg

2n1vsrd.jpg

I have to get more adventurish with my routes, only recently I've started going up by Kilbride to Sally Gap.

Got a google maps locotion for the bad bends? (assuming that's a place and not a term. :p )

Nice quick little round trip for ya! ;)

Looks very similar to what I do already but sure ill do it exactly in the next few days.
    Nice one, man. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Civic=Noice!
    Must be great to own something so rare

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I think that's the first one i've ever seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

There's one in Cavan doing the rounds as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Yeah there's a couple of them floating around bit rarer than the fn2 hopefully be an nsx that I move onto after it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

Took advantage of the good weather yesterday to clay, wash and wax the 147. And then walked out this morning to find copious amounts of bird crap on it :mad:

eqOa2ua.jpg

vwpgazl.jpg

jUqCQGR.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Picked up the new hearse on Saturday. Was looking under the bonnet so only copped that when I looked back over the pics :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

yop wrote: »
    Picked up the new hearse on Saturday. Was looking under the bonnet so only copped that when I looked back over the pics :D

Nice, but it's no 6MPS :P

Well wear!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement