Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lycamobile Unlimited Calls Texts & Data (9Gb) for €20/month with double credit offer.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Signal seems fine today, the internet is working fine speed is impressive.

LYCA changes their t&c as if their changing their nappies today its something tomroww its something else.

I have just checked the website and they've changed data to 100mb 200mb. its make sense as with a low mb they gve no reason t cap the internet speed.

it does make them unatrctive but they acheived what they wated to do thats attract more users.

I'll see how it goes fr the next coupe of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Sparkrite

I have just checked the website and they've changed data to 100mb 200mb. its make sense as with a low mb they gve no reason t cap the internet speed.

it does make them unatrctive but they acheived what they wated to do thats attract more users.

I'll see how it goes fr the next coupe of weeks.

Couldn't find this change, where on the Lyca site is it, please?

Sparkrite wrote: »
    Couldn't find this change, where on the Lyca site is it, please?
    http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/Bundles

Its been like that over a week now, actioned on the 1st of Feb.

I thought you were talking about a change to that.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

robertowjr wrote: »
    they automatically renewed my €9 bundle with the credit I had left, got the unlimited SMS, unlimited data and 150 min. That's what I call a bargain..

Renewed my 9 euro bundle,now 150 texts and 150 MB data allowance,pretty poor although cheap if one considers it only costs 5 euro with the 5 euro top up.May switch back to my old friends at 3.:D Poorer signal and now voicemail charges but 20 euro top up is excellent value.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

You can upgrade to the €14.00 tarriff at your next renewal date. That will give you 250 mins & 250 texts for (possibly) only $7.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭clancyoo7

Just wondering can you still get the €29 bundle for € 20

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭sosq

Lycamobile gone. Got call from tescomobile, gave me triple credit for life ;). topup 10€ and get 10€ for international,premium calls and 20€ for national mobile and landline, data, texts and extra 1000 tesco club card points-they said (but got only 500 points.have to call cc).
    And what strange is my battery life came back to normal. With lycamobile Nokia E52 was able to work max 3 days. Now is 7 and still working without charging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

sosq wrote: »
    Lycamobile gone. Got call from tescomobile, gave me triple credit for life ;). topup 10€ and get 10€ for international,premium calls and 20€ for national mobile and landline, data, texts and extra 1000 tesco club card points-they said (but got only 500 points.have to call cc).
    And what strange is my battery life came back to normal. With lycamobile Nokia E52 was able to work max 3 days. Now is 7 and still working without charging.

You must have been a model Tesco customer, I was gone for three months and not a dickie bird. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Anyone having problems with data this evening? Unable to open anything while tethered. Stuck sim in dongle and takes an age to open anything :confused:

pissed wrote: »
    Anyone having problems with data this evening? Unable to open anything while tethered. Stuck sim in dongle and takes an age to open anything :confused:

Had problems all day, VERY VERY slow................

Sparkrite wrote: »
    Had problems all day, VERY VERY slow................

Gone to the dogs :D. Think I wll be heading elsewhere as soon as my credit runs out. Where to go though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

topped up by a fiver today and was still able to buy the €9 bundle, so they're not enforcing the "no bundles from bonus credit" rule. so in theory you could top up by a tenner, get the €9 calls and texts and the €6.50 internet (1GB), still a very good deal (if the internet is actually working).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

sosq wrote: »
    Lycamobile gone. Got call from tescomobile, gave me triple credit for life ;). topup 10€ and get 10€ for international,premium calls and 20€ for national mobile and landline, data, texts ....

With Tesco you can only buy data bundles with the €10 paid for credit, not with the free credit. So for €10 that's max 1.35Gb of data; €6.99 for a 1Gb bundle and €2.99 for a 350Mb bundle. Although you can use the free credit for browsing at standard rate of 2c per Mb.

Guys I have 19 in my bank account and I wan to top up by 20. Can I top up by 15 and get 15 e then tomorrow top up by 5e and get another 5e free ?

Just tried to purchase the €9 bundle but got a message saying I had insufficient funds even though my credit is showing at over €11. I guess the no using bonus credit for bundles has kicked in.

Time to port :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I'm leaving this shower too. I could put up with the patchy service when the price was so low and the data allowance so high but now it's not worth it. It seems to be getting worse too, there is absolutely no signal in huge parts of my college now whereas it worked fine up until about 2 weeks ago.

Might try three or e-mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

yep i'm on the way out to going to port over tommorow, i'm still having problems with international texts not being delivered,

Rang them 5-6 times just could not be arsed anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

I'm also leaving them, end of my €9 unlimited bundle and I'm out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

I was away on holidays with a lyca sim and as soon as I reached there I got a text stating lyca roaming rates and support number etc. But every number I tried in every way (Irish, local, with international code, without code etc) came back with a message saying "The number you are dialing is incorrect", and tried ringing the support number and got a message saying "The number does not exist".

Meh. I think I'll switch back to Tesco for their 1c international calls.

Really gone to the dogs now............

In the banner 350Meg for €4.99 and 1Gig for €9.99.

http://www.lycamobile.ie/en/mobile-internet-offer

But in the text, still the old price of €2.49 and €6.49 respectively.

WHICH IS IT??? Very amateurish.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭deni86

How much is Tesco to international mobiles?

• International calls: Rates include 1 cent per minute calls to landlines in 30 countries, UK mobiles: 20 cent per minute, USA: 2 cent per minute, Australian mobiles: 12 cent per minute.

I used Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Adrian4

I still line the 3c calls to landlines.

If they up the price on these calls - I will move.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭homingbird

Adrian4 wrote: »
    I still line the 3c calls to landlines.

If they up the price on these calls - I will move.

With the 50% free credit it works out at 1.5cent per minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

homingbird wrote: »
    With the 50% free credit it works out at 1.5cent per minute.

True plus its 1.5c per min even after 30 days, because the double credit doesn't expire, whereas with Tesco Mobile it expires after 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 amandeep

I cant understand lyca policy as well. It happened with me as well. I am not using lyca mobile internet any more. Many people dont know their exact policy. Lyca says unlimited internet with euro 29 bundle which is not unlimited . They are giving only 9.7gb limit. which is not cheap. Below you can find which one is cheap.I can recommend lyca just for phone calls not for internet.

Lyca mobile.

euro 29 bundle means your cost is euro 14,5 because you getting double credit and once you activate this bundle your balance will be zero and you getting 9.7 gb internet where lyca says unlimited. Lets see another network below

Ireland three prepaid sims

If you top up by euro 20 and you getting free unlimited internet . Here unlimited internet means 15gb. I think this is fare and cheaper than lyca. and we are not loosing any money here . our balance will remain same and we can use this 20 euro balance to call any where. beside this three to three calls free. unlimited text to any network free. weekend free call to any network.

so you can compare now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 amandeep

three prepaid mobile sim internet is cheaper than lycamobile internet and all other network

LYCA MOBILE EURO 29 (COST 14.5 because we getting double credit)

getting unlimited internet fare use policy 9.7 gb only

Three prepay sims
    If we top up euro 20
    we getting unlimited fare use policy 15gb internet

compare to lyca if we activate euro 29 budle so euro 29 will be deducted from our balance.
    but in three if you top up euro 20 you getting euro 20 balance and you getting all 15 gb internet and three to three call free. unlimited text to any network and weekend free calls.

• Advertisement

amandeep wrote: »

LYCA MOBILE EURO 29 (COST 14.5 because we getting double credit)

Were you able to use your bonus credit to purchase the bundle?

I had a balance of over €11 and tried to buy the €9 bundle but it told me I had insufficient credit. I assumed it was because half of this was bonus credit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement