Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Spell Discussion (Ireland): Cold/Frosty/Icy with Snow for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭hawkwing

"No loss" shows how little you know. Pathetic.
    Was Gerry's forecast that gave no mention of sleet even anywhere in the 32 counties on the highest ground for the next 5 days accurate when their own website had sleet/snow mentioned at 2000 that day mentioned 6 times a good forecast and not deserving of criticism,fair enough so:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭omicron

Su Campu
    Wolfe (twice)
    darkman
    SpongeBob
    DE

Any more lately? Going to be like a graveyard in here come spring . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Conrach

on similar topic, how did Spongebob get banned? Could be contrary but knew his onions.....
    I liked his contrariness, I found it endearing. I never found him offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,072 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

omicron wrote: »
    It's because this place turns into a shíthole whenever the weather gets interesting.
    You're kind of contradicting yourself there. The Irish climate is so unbelievably boring you would expect this forum to be very busy when there is the prospect of weather that is actually interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Su Campu
    Wolfe (twice)
    darkman
    SpongeBob
    DE

Shame that, I only lurk in here but I always enjoyed these guys.

mothel wrote: »
    It's an open forum!!

That doesn't mean people have to behave badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭BEASTERLY

Sleet shower in here. Reports of heavy hail in Wexford, so much so that there's accumulations of 2"... of HAIL!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,905 ✭✭✭Storm 10

In all my years on this forum lately it has generated into total rubbish, all of the people who over the years have contributed so much info on weather have left and we are now left with people posting total rubbish, I cannot understand how the mods on this forum are allowing this to continue, we have now lost DE who was a brilliant poster. Mods its time to wake up before more people abandon this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

I have learned alot from lurking the last few years on this forum and can appreciate why some experienced posters can get frustrated & p**sed off with some of the posts that apear here when things get busy and interesting, I for one am sad when some of the regular experts leave as they are one of the reasons why i click on a post in the first place as i expect their post to be based on experience & and more importantly be informed and up to speed with the latest model etc
    I hope that these experienced and knowlegable boardsies will return

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

nerrad1983 wrote: »

I'm gonna head down to the Slaney in the morning,it was close to bursting it's banks this evening in Enniscorthy & all that water from Wicklow still has to come downstream.

No snow down here but we might have some interesting weather related incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Spindle

Does anybody know if any of the precipitation showing on the radar is falling as sleet/snow in Cork? It was cold enough out earlier not sure of dew points. Was not expecting much this evening but just wondering??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Su Campu
    Wolfe (twice)
    darkman
    SpongeBob
    DE

Iancar only pops in the odd time now a days & "Orrack Bama", who was "suspiciously" posting like Darkman is also banned
    Any how we still have some very knowledgeable mods & posters here so let it snow (please)

You're kind of contradicting yourself there. The Irish climate is so unbelievably boring you would expect this forum to be very busy when there is the prospect of weather that is actually interesting.

Busy yes, but it doesn't mean people have to stop being civil.

Wexford Town just now!!
    237025.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Cantonesque

Storm 10 wrote: »
    In all my years on this forum lately it has generated into total rubbish, all of the people who over the years have contributed so much info on weather have left and we are now left with people posting total rubbish, I cannot understand how the mods on this forum are allowing this to continue, we have now lost DE who was a brilliant poster. Mods its time to wake up before more people abandon this forum

Wouldn't totally agree with you there... Still very interesting but unfortunately not enough weather model graphs and interpretation of the models compared to previous years and too much of the "Will it snow IMBY" / current forecasts. Really should have been a separate thread for the model interpretation which the old pro's (you know who you are) put their input into....

Storm 10 wrote: »

I agree 100%, i know its not easy but i feel at times trolls can post freely here for too long before they get banned, genuine lack of knowledge / experience is excusable, delibreate trolling is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

No way!!! That's Wexford, I'm only down the road and its just heavy rain for me:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

Back to the weather, it's going to be an interesting few days ahead, I think after looking at most of the various models that most people will see snow before Monday.

joes girls wrote: »
    No way!!! That's Wexford, I'm only down the road and its just heavy rain for me:(

Yep, facebook newsfeed is full of it, had to log out before i smashed the screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 WinterLove

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    Wexford Town just now!!
    237025.jpg

I live in barntown just outside the town and there is only rain here :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Wexford Town just now!!
    237025.jpg
    You know the deal,name in the snow/hail or GTFO :D;)

200motels wrote: »
    Back to the weather, it's going to be an interesting few days ahead, I think after looking at most of the various models that most people will see snow before Monday.

Was just about to say that, what has happened on the 18z? Am just back at base now and am not up to speed as to what Sunday pm will bring?
    Watching a repeat of lance part 1, what a twat :cool:

WinterLove wrote: »
    I live in barntown just outside the town and there is only rain here :confused:

Im further out and rain too. Its a bit deceptive. Its actually an accumulation of hail.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭dublinbusdude

Yep, facebook newsfeed is full of it, had to log out before i smashed the screen.

Hope thats on its way to Dublin!

delw wrote: »
    You know the deal,name in the snow/hail or GTFO :D;)

Not mine, rain here. Robbed from facebook, not the only one. About 15 posts about it! Then again, not a lot happens here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

It's been raining all evening in Drogheda and no snow. Wats the chances of snow for Drogheda and the north east in the next 48 hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mothel

That doesn't mean people have to behave badly.

I hadn't noticed but it refreshes so fast at the moment I skip to last tobgetvthe most up to date info and miss some pages! What do you mean by bad behaviour?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

Was just about to say that, what has happened on the 18z? Am just back at base now and am not up to speed as to what Sunday pm will bring?
    Watching a repeat of lance part 1, what a twat :cool:
    This is about 54 hours out and to be taken with a pinch of salt.
    prectypeuktopo.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Spindle wrote: »
    Does anybody know if any of the precipitation showing on the radar is falling as sleet/snow in Cork? It was cold enough out earlier not sure of dew points. Was not expecting much this evening but just wondering??

Sleet is possible but the dewpoints are above freezing at the moment.

Here the temperature is actually rising, went from 2.1C to 3C and my dewpoint is 1.1C.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement