Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bangernomics car of the week/day - Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

just got this one last Wednesday, 1.6 VVTI with 105k on it and over 6 months of nct for 1.2k
    edit: taxed till feb
    HMvND.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,171 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Well Wear! Good to seem I'm not the only one working on this logic! Let me know if you see any others as clean!

ah forgot to mention - I didn't spot it before I bought it but rear windows regulator is broken, new one on micks is e109, my guess is I will have to make a short trip to the nearest scrapyard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    ah forgot to mention - I didn't spot it before I bought it but rear windows regulator is broken, new one on micks is e109, my guess is I will have to make a short trip to the nearest scrapyard

i got one by mistake, thought sedans and liftback window regulators are same. my one for sale in adverts - http://www.adverts.ie/car-parts-accessories/toyota-avensis-rear-left-window-regulator-for-sale/1650714

my one is liftback as well :)

• Advertisement

eBay can be good for that kinda thing... though I'm pretty sure I saw a few on DoneDeal for breaking. Might be worth a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    my one is liftback as well :)

sorry, didnt see straight away. for some reason it looked like sedan, now i looked more carefully, yes , thats liftback. how do you find it. I think it is very comfortable drive long distances.
    i have some issues with remote control, want to find one, and reprogram . cant really find those old ones ... two button remotes.

Great site - toyodiy.com , can get most part numbers for particularly your car.

my first Toyota, it's grand so far :) went for a 200 miles trip and everything seems to work as expected, my last one was a diesel so a huge decrease in mpg, but beggars can't be choosers right

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Nice car with a fresh test. Chrome arches and no mileage might say otherwise. Worth a look....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/4263537

View2-16042694.jpeg

Sleeper and not in the usual sence. Yours for a grand I'd say ....

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4263394

View2-16042050.jpeg

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I would buy it just for the plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Full-16064202.jpeg

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4267869

Nice car for the price I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Just a tad outside the €2k bangernoics territory though.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Just a tad outside the €2k bangernoics territory though.

True but I felt it deserved a place somewhere:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

True but I felt it deserved a place somewhere:p

"Today I saw a car for sale" thread would be more appropiate

With high mileage and such an unaffordable engine to tax, it'll be in Bangernomics territory soon enough I reckon...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Sleepy wrote: »
    With high mileage and such an unaffordable engine to tax, it'll be in Bangernomics territory soon enough I reckon...

And lets be honest, anyone even considering something like that, would be pure mental to take that V6, over the CLS500. Which lets face it, would cost similar money imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

There will be loads of new entrants after tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

And lets be honest, anyone even considering something like that, would be pure mental to take that V6, over the CLS500. Which lets face it, would cost similar money imo.

I'd imagine trying to find a CLS500 here would be more difficult. If they were around though, you are correct, they'd be looking for similar money and the V8 is so worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,870 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

166man wrote: »
    I'd imagine trying to find a CLS500 here would be more difficult. If they were around though, you are correct, they'd be looking for similar money and the V8 is so worth it.

You've driven one?

Quazzie wrote: »
    You've driven one?

Nope. My best mate's Dad owns Cork Motor Centre or whatever he's called it now. Mercedes dealer, went out in a 2006 S350 and a 2007 S500 in the one day during last years summer.

The V8 is just epic. It actually is, although the S320 with the Brabus upgrade makes it nearly as fast in the real world.

NCT'd, 850

And taxed :cool:
    Full-16047887.jpeg
    The only other picture is arseways :rolleyes:

NCT till Sept, 900

Full-15378380.jpeg

NCT till May, 995

Sore tax
    Full-14624823.jpeg

NCT till May, 750

Not so sore tax
    Full-15373290.jpeg

NCT till Jan, 1950

Taxed, but a tad pricey
    Full-16035966.jpeg

NCT till July, 875

I couldn't resist...
    Full-16071830.jpeg

Banger post time :)

NCT till Jan, 300

Full-16063879.jpeg

NCT till Jan, 300

I'd rather walk
    Full-16060498.jpeg

NCT till Feb, 350

Full-15637047.jpeg

NCT till July, 400

Full-16044181.jpeg

NCT till April, 275

Diesel!!!!
    Full-16039366.jpeg

NCT till Feb, 350

Full-16001321.jpeg

Drive into the ground, scrap and get your money back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

dgt wrote: »

Diesel!!!!

I actually really like the look of that Vento for some reason! Looks very clean too but the " needs some work" bit is worrying! Might have been tempted if I was still after a car.

And a car.

1.8T A4 for €700. NCT till Feb but maybe offer asking on the condition that he does the NCT before sale. (Better to have fail sheet even). Half leather interior, could benefit from an original steering wheel though!

View2-15959273.jpeg

NCT till Jan, 300

Full-16063879.jpeg

NCT till Jan, 300

I'd rather walk
    Full-16060498.jpeg

NCT till Feb, 350

Full-15637047.jpeg

NCT till July, 400

Full-16044181.jpeg

NCT till April, 275

Diesel!!!!
    Full-16039366.jpeg

NCT till Feb, 350

Full-16001321.jpeg

Drive into the ground, scrap and get your money back :)

Looks as though you couldn't drive some of them further into the ground than they already are:P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,050 ✭✭✭✭Esel

NCT till July, 875

I couldn't resist...
    Full-16071830.jpeg
    You just had to do it, didn't you? It's like the scorpion and the frog at this stage... :(;)

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭W123-80's

I had one of these back in 2000.
    It wasn't a very cool first car back then... and it's still not very cool.!

Might be of interest to someone. Looks very well looked after. Nice bit of pre-celtic tiger nostalgia..!!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4270189

View2-16075858.jpeg

Esel wrote: »
    You just had to do it, didn't you? It's like the scorpion and the frog at this stage... :(;)

I feel an impending new years resolution coming soon :pac:

• Advertisement

W123-80's wrote: »
    I had one of these back in 2000.
    It wasn't a very cool first car back then... and it's still not very cool.!

Might be of interest to someone. Looks very well looked after. Nice bit of pre-celtic tiger nostalgia..!!

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/4270189

View2-16075858.jpeg

Nice find, I doubt there are too many cleans one's around anymore. My Granny used to have one...:pac:

I think though that would make a nice buy for €500 and maybe tastefully modify it? Respray in jet black, spoiler on the rear and a set of decent alloys. Look to lower the suspension (if there is any left :pac:) and fit out a decent interior. I think it would look really well and I don't like modified cars!

Or keep it simple and chuck it into a Garage for 20 years. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement