Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immaculate deception: 'I don't regret tricking my boyfriend into having kids'

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Boombastic wrote: »
    I'm not saying that I haven't but with something as important as this I make it my business to find out.

If you agree that it's her partner's responsibility to ensure a condom is used also I might agree somewhat. Conception isn't a solo enterprise (not without a turkey baster anyway. :pac:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Millicent wrote: »
    If you agree that it's her partner's responsibility to ensure a condom is used also I might agree somewhat. Conception isn't a solo enterprise (not without a turkey baster anyway. :pac:)

Oh I definitely agree both partners are as responsible as each other, which raises the question (in general), if the pill is failing so often, why aren't the males also wearing condoms aswell as the girl being on the pill?

Why are people relying on one method that fails so often?

If they get pregnant because of this then it is not an accident, it is stupidity

Usually I'd agree since all I've had is an afternoon of kind-of sex-ed in 1st year in secondary school and would have thought women taking a hormonal treatment that can have massive effects on them would at least have looked up that much information but I can't think of a single one off the top of my head who knew while there's 5 I can think of who didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

This is not a fair thing to do. A child should be wanted by both parents.
    If your old enough to have sex you should be careful if you don't want children.
    I know woman who stayed for years with guys who did not want to get married/have children hoping things would change. Some of them said this is not working for me and meet someone who wanted the same as them.
    If you want a marriage/family you should have this conversation rather then get pregnant in the hope that once this happens he will be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Oh I definitely agree both partners are as responsible as each other, which raises the question (in general), if the pill is failing so often, why aren't the males also wearing condoms aswell as the girl being on the pill?

Why are people relying on one method that fails so often?

As has been said people are often misinformed, women can be unaware that their medication will effect their pill working and men can be under the impression that the pill is the all purpose solution to everything and that when using it condoms are unnecessary.

People are wrong about stuff, accidents occur as a result.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

I'm not saying that I haven't but with something as important as this I make it my business to find out.

And if it's something as important as this why wouldn't the man also be as informed and know as much about the pill so that when his girlfriend comes home and is on an antibiotic he knows to wear a condom.
    Yet again, the entire onus is being put on the woman which is unfair. If a man wants to prevent himself becoming a father then he also needs to be as informed as the woman.

I know in my own relationship I went on the patch and when my boyfriend saw it he asked about it and I explained that I preferred it to the pill. He took the leaflet home with him and had a read of it. He informed himself. And he actually mentioned to me about the antibiotics although I already knew.

A man should also inform and educate himself about his partners contraception. Most don't bother and just leave it to her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

In the States they call it 'anchoring' or an 'anchor baby'. It's common enough, and it spans all ages. Be careful out there. Or, er, in there...

Advertisement