Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solution to Irelands problems-become part of the Uk.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭rounding tattenham Corner

twinytwo wrote: »
    Im sorry... i laugh at people like you. They have done enough damage to this country already. Seriously are you even irish???.... why not go live in england?

can you even read, i said weigh up advantages\disadvantages, and nobody mentioned England, it was the UK that was talked about, did you ever go to school? your not very bright or maybe you're just ignorant

• Registered Users Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭twinytwo

well you would have to do a big weigh up advantages\disadvantages, things could be like Ireland joins uk and uk leaves e.u. and joins nafta, it develops its fishing industry to its true potential, total re-haul of the Irish farming industry put an end to subsidies and 30acre farms.

thats the best you can come up with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

Kaneda_ wrote: »
    The country will prosper financially and it will get us out of the single euro currency and into a stronger and more stable economy.

The Irish defence forces would have to be exempt from being deployed to the wars zone in the middle east when intergrated,they coud form their own unit with in the royal army.

So you want what you perceive are the benefits and prosperity of a stronger and more stable ecnomy.
    But are not willing to lend a hand in actually defending those benefits.

The Irish army would never agree to go to Afghanistan,thats what i think,maybe im wrong.

Considering your post was full of grammatical errors, it wouldn't be the only one

Joining Nafta and a total re-hauling of the Irish farming industry while putting an end to subsidies and 30acre farms isn't going to magically resolve billions of euro of financial debt. So much fail in one little post.

typical brain dead reply about grammar,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭twinytwo

can you even read, i said weigh up advantages\disadvantages, and nobody mentioned England, it was the UK that was talked about, did you ever go to school? your not very bright or maybe you're just ignorant

oh my...is england not part of the uk? so when you mentioned the uk, you mentioned england right??... anyway.. rejoing the "UK" is a brain dead idea. Maybe it is you who needs to return to school.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

I wonder if the OP has ever been to the UK. It's a kip!

You clearly haven't

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

I agree wholeheartedly then again i am a trinner so what do you expect me to say. "Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the...........................

Im sorry... i laugh at people like you. They have done enough damage to this country already. Seriously are you even irish???.... why not go live in england?

Wtf does that have to do with anything? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

You'd wonder if they get the same kinds of retarded threads on boards.uk ?

'Hey everybody we should surrender our sovereignty and become a German colony it'll fix all our problems with chavs, intergenerational unemployment and economic blackspots, toxic racial hatreds etc etc.,'

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

typical brain dead reply about grammar,
    You're truly a master of the art of debate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

old hippy wrote: »
    You clearly haven't
    Lived, worked and studied there. It's a dump!

and you're the fool who just generalised a whole country as a kip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

conorhal wrote: »
    Uh, we gave this a serious try for several hundred years and it still didn't work out so well. .

Yes, but now you know we were right all along about the Catholic Church and hate it as much as we do, we can all be friends.

Lived, worked and studied there. It's a dump!

What, you lived, worked & studied the length and breadth of the UK? I think not...

There are places of extreme beauty and there are places that leave a lot to be desired.

Just like home, Duckworth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Kaneda_

I wonder if the OP has ever been to the UK. It's a kip!

You clearly haven't

Ive been to England and Wales many times.

Yes, but now you know we were right all along about the Catholic Church and hate it as much as we do, we can all be friends.

Sectarian butt-buddies, exactly what we need.

Morlar wrote: »
    You'd wonder if they get the same kinds of retarded threads on boards.uk ?

'Hey everybody we should surrender our sovereignty and become a German colony it'll fix all our problems with chavs, intergenerational unemployment and economic blackspots, toxic racial hatreds etc etc.,'

So boards UK would automatically be superior to boards.ie?

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Kaneda_ wrote: »
    Allow the British goverment to govern the entire island of Ireland.

Nah..thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

What, you lived, worked & studied the length and breadth of the UK? I think not...

There are places of extreme beauty and there are places that leave a lot to be desired.

Just like home, Duckworth.

He would understandably think that the UK was just one huge Coronation Street i.e. a soap-kip.

So boards UK would automatically be superior to boards.ie?

:confused

Yes you are confused. Have a lie down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

It will get put down OP but I think a lot of Irish people would actually agree with you but would be too afraid to say so.

Morlar wrote: »
    Yes you are confused. Have a lie down.

Don't patronise me, young lady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭pacquiao

KeithAFC wrote: »
    It will get put down OP but I think a lot of Irish people would actually agree with you but would be too afraid to say so.
    A lot of Dublin people you mean Keith.

oh my...is england not part of the uk? so when you mentioned the uk, you mentioned england right??... anyway.. rejoing the "UK" is a brain dead idea. Maybe it is you who needs to return to school.

it was not my idea to rejoin the UK, it was the op idea. Personally i would be against it on economic grounds, i was trying to just get some reasons to be made for it. But that's not often possible when people like you are involved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Galtee

A masterdebater perhaps. ;)

pacquiao wrote: »
    A lot of Dublin people you mean Keith.

And what do you mean by that, pacq?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

People here would probably be interested in joining the UK, on condition that NI was expelled altogether.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Aww Keith, you and your crazy unionist ways :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Thread's been done before many times. And it always circles the drain. Sometimes there's merit in keeping it open simply to ban the dregs of AH. But not today.

/flies away.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement