Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby World Cup 2011

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Georgia +22 v Scotland
    Romania + 27 v Argentina
    Fiji + 23 v South Africa

All look decent to me - underdogs all the way. The Scots, Argies and SA dont score much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Thats 5/5 for the + handicap. We are off to a flyer lads. The run cannot continue..can it? :eek:. Wales do look a bit on the stingy side giving them only 13 but as predicted the coin is coming in from this strategy.

As for bookies having a rethink. The market determines the points handicap so there will be no dramatic change. It will just trim if more people get on. I would say that the bookies book is healthy from all the wager on the - handicap. Dont worry about them :pac::pac::pac:

8/8 now after yesterday isn't it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Back all teams on the + handicap in the group stages. You will be suprised how some of the smaller nations can get stuck in and shave the handicap.
    You will hit more than miss and make a tidy if not large profit.
    Do you still think it's worth going for? Cause I see lines at bet365 tightening up (Romania +24,5; Fiji +20,5; Georgia +20,5).

Yardie - I see you doing well on bookings in different sports as well ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

lads the Alternative Handicap is dead handy in the RWC games

Tonga should do very well V Canada- bringing it to a -19 handicap makes it 9/2

Plus Romania +16 is 15/8 against the Argentina looking good as this gonna be a slugfest

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭rehssu

The Georgia handicap is being cut by the hour. Down to +18 now. Still a great bet seen as the majority of their team play in France's Top 14 and their manager is Scottish.

Might even back them to win the game outright @ 9/1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Yardie

Anyone know are any bookies taking man of the match bets for Scotland game??

I would like to place a large sum on Gorgodze man of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Anyone think Russia +6 against the USA looks good. I would imagine the Russian pack should be too strong for them

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Wnt with this €5 trixie: and as a €5 treble:

Samoa v Namibia
    Namibia (+32.0) @ evens

Tonga v Canada
    Canada (+6.0) @ evens

Scotland v Georgia
    Georgia (+17.0) @ evens

Staked - €25
    returns €140

Oh and this website is pretty good for some stats. Im 100% so far with it. Hoping i can say the same thing tomorrow. > http://www.rugbydata.com/

Yardie wrote: »
    Anyone know are any bookies taking man of the match bets for Scotland game??

I would like to place a large sum on Gorgodze man of the match.

I got 28/1 for Gorgodze man of the match from paddypower you have to ring for the preice..€20 on this myself

If you not to familiar with Gorgodze watch this..He's a BEAST!

Georgia's best player and if they are to push the Scots close he'll be at centre of everything..

• Advertisement

Chauncey O'Toole 14/1. This guy has just signed for Ospreys and was player of the tournament in Churchill Cup this summer.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2011/08/08/Ospreys-sign-OToole/gnid-103497/

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭MikeyGorse

Georgia +23 4/6
    Tonga 4/11
    Samoa -25 1/2
    €10 pays €34

Im on with ya Yardie. cheers for the tip.... I only got 20's and 14's but im happy enough with it. Anyone else staying up for the games or am i in here myself :p. Got one of my biggest bets to date on it. Need money to go to Newcastle so here i am hoping. So anybody up for the games. :D

http://tiny.cc/okhns :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭slookie

What channel are the games on live? Are they only on Setanta Sports or whats the story?

slookie wrote: »
    What channel are the games on live? Are they only on Setanta Sports or whats the story?

You just missed thr last game nest one between Scotland V Georgia off at 8:30 on Sentanta Sports and ITV1.

MON GEORGIA!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

CriticEyes wrote: »
    You just missed thr last game nest one between Scotland V Georgia off at 8:30 on Sentanta Sports and ITV1.

MON GEORGIA!! :D

What have you taken on in this?

in play the Scotland handicap looks good -12 @ evens

What have you taken on in this?

in play the Scotland handicap looks good -12 @ evens

I had a trixie of:
    Namibia +32
    Canada +6
    Georgia +17

When Namibia lost i threw my last 20 on the double
    Canada +6
    Georgia +17

Could really do with them Scots fecking right off!!

Hmm! I took Scotland -11,

so I suppose anything between 12 - 16 Scotland win and we'll both be happy :D

Hmm! I took Scotland -11,

so I suppose anything between 12 - 16 Scotland win and we'll both be happy :D

Il be happy as a pig in sh1te with that!! Lets hope anyway!!

Stink, Your lookin good.

• Advertisement

Get in ya ringadingthing!! Sorry bud for your loss. I was really hoping the 2 of us would come out in profit. hope ya didn't lose much on it. Hope to return to around 100squid or more.

CriticEyes wrote: »
    Get in ya ringadingthing!! Sorry bud for your loss. I was really hoping the 2 of us would come out in profit. hope ya didn't lose much on it. Hope to return to around 100squid or more.

Not alot at all! didnt have too much faith in it

10/11 for the + handicaps now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Georgia into +37 against England now on bet365.

Still looks good value at Evs surely?

France (-33) vs Canada?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Morzadec wrote: »
    Georgia into +37 against England now on bet365.

Still looks good value at Evs surely?

nah man i'd stay clear, as i find England are good at racking up a big score-plus Georgia will not be as fresh from their midweek game today..

Japan +59 v NZ very tempting as they've had a week off from their france heroics.. and romania +20 a must.. im on a double with that now!

Will USA have much of the team that played against ireland playing against Russia? I know this will be the match both targetted from the start. First game out for Russia so (+8/Evens) is tempting me.

I got 28/1 for Gorgodze man of the match from paddypower you have to ring for the price..€20 on this myself

What a dire game, Kelly Brown m-o-m. Georgia had far too little quality possession to allow Gorgadze make significant impact. Any time he made a break Scotland cleverly attacked the ball and not the man and knocked it out of his hands on a couple of occasions. His defense was impressive and will be worth backing again against Argentina and definitely against Romania. England will prob rout Georgia so unlikely he'll be up to much in that game. Will do 5er just in case though.

Chauncey O'Toole 14/1. This guy has just signed for Ospreys and was player of the tournament in Churchill Cup this summer.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2011/08/08/Ospreys-sign-OToole/gnid-103497/

I missed this game but by all accounts O'Toole had a great first half and was heavily involved in setting up first Canadian try, unfortunately he went off with concussion just before half time. His backrow partner Adam Kleeberger got M-o-m award at 28/1:rolleyes:

Hopefully O'Toole will be fit for game agaisnt Japan as he'll be worth a shot again.

US -2.5 HT handicap looks a great bet tomorrow @ 4/6 on bet 365

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭gudede

I'm going for a straight bet on Russia. USA where so bad at the scrum the other day (even when they replaced the props) and Ireland don't have a wonderful scrum. So if Russia have a half a scrum they should win in that area. So Russia at 11/4 is good value.

Friend of mine who plays Rugby in Ireland has told me about this guy (also saw it on this website)

Vasily Artemyev he played with Blackrock college and was a try machine. So he could be worth a look tonight at tonight. He's 14/1 first try and 11/4 anytime with PP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭BQQ

gudede wrote: »
    Vasily Artemyev he played with Blackrock college and was a try machine. So he could be worth a look tonight at tonight. He's 14/1 first try and 11/4 anytime with PP

Also just signed with northampton to become first russian in the english premiership.

Advertisement