Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'll Show You Mine, If You Show Me Yours

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

So much win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just got my first today. I'm a huge fan of The 5th Element and was obsessed with the rune designs for earth, wind, fire and water. Well today I finally took the plunge and got the design inked on my left wrist.
    HURT LIKE HELL, especially over the veiny parts of my wrist but I had a very skilled artist in Connill from Stigmata-Tau (Swords) working on me so he made sure the pain was minimal.

My stepdad thought the runes were from Blade when I showed him. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

thanks guys, thinking of getting "problem?" or "you jelly?" underneath it for the moment, might get lemon chicken in chinese underneath it or something..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

might get lemon chicken in chinese underneath it or something..

Pretty funny ... but I bet there are people out there with kanji tattoos which say something similar - and they weren't trying to be ironic... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Snacker

why do people get tatoos? not messing im not a fan what attracts ye to getting one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Snacker wrote: »
    why do people get tatoos? not messing im not a fan what attracts ye to getting one?

Maybe not the thread for this conversation, probably best of starting a new thread on the topic tbh. Also same can be said for anything what attracts people to piercings, certain clothes, playing golf its down to individual interests and tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

Pretty funny ... but I bet there are people out there with kanji tattoos which say something similar - and they weren't trying to be ironic... :pac:
    exactly why i want it :), three 'n' one just has a certain ring to it

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Xqzciara

206007_223971407649533_139548482758493_642920_7706649_n.jpg

newest, took about 9 hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Wow. Just...wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Xqzciara wrote: »

/thread imo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Thats amazing, beautiful in fact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Beautiful piece, who did it for ya?

Elbow wrote: »
    Beautiful piece, who did it for ya?
    Andrew/Andras in Razors Edge in Newbridge, he's a guest artist in there at the minute from 'Zen Buddha Tattoo' in Hungary, amazing guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Andrew/Andras in Razors Edge in Newbridge, he's a guest artist in there at the minute from 'Zen Buddha Tattoo' in Hungary, amazing guy!

I taught my Buddha was good but that's in a league of its own, talented artist

The hungarians turn out some top-notch black and grey / realistic artists.... Boris, Szolt Sakrozi... And this guy, evidently!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

The hungarians turn out some top-notch black and grey / realistic artists.... Boris, Szolt Sakrozi... And this guy, evidently!

I called into a really really kick ass studio in Budapest a couple of weeks ago (darkart.hu), yer man specialized in comic book style stuff. He has produced some amazing work. I asked about getting something done and was told he was booked up for the next 18 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭kieranfitz

That piece is amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

oeb wrote: »
    I asked about getting something done and was told he was booked up for the next 18 months.

That's incredible!

oeb wrote: »
    I called into a really really kick ass studio in Budapest a couple of weeks ago (darkart.hu), yer man specialized in comic book style stuff. He has produced some amazing work. I asked about getting something done and was told he was booked up for the next 18 months.

That's Zsolt Sarkozi's studio - one of the best in the world, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Ultra Magnus

Got this done 2 years ago by Ross in Allstar Ink Limerick.

t0s46r.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I had to look at this thread again just for this.
    I actually hate when I see tattoos like this because it just makes me terribly jealous :(

Definitely the most impressive tattoo I've ever seen.

SV wrote: »
    I had to look at this thread again just for this.
    I actually hate when I see tattoos like this because it just makes me terribly jealous :(

Definitely the most impressive tattoo I've ever seen.

thanks so much, that's a huge compliment, I'll pass your words onto the artist!!dont be jealous...just go get another one to soothe ur pain :P

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭amandaf675

295977_2064253131566_1401871611_32161928_349902_n.jpg

My newest

Here's one I got last year from Ross Daly in the Holy Cow studio in Cork. I'm starting a half-sleeve onto the chest at the end of september with him - can't wait!

13318_384919434428_743879428_3606171_2746050_n.jpg

picanom_picture_01_2011_08_19.jpg

The smaller star is the newest one. I now think the addiction has kicked in, 'cause I'm already looking into my third.

Also, that Buddha piece is phenomenal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

This is a cover up piece (old tattoo was a skull and cross bones in my ankle with little stars on my foot) done by the lovely and patient Erin in snakebite today. 6 hours done today, going back in 3 weeks to get the skull finished.

20110822233113.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

My latest (fairly simple compared to the last few posts!):

AXcVRtxCEAAaNb4.jpg:large

Matches the cherry blossoms on the sleeve on my other arm. Was going to get a full sleeve on this arm too but I think I've changed my mind. I like having "an arm", if you know what I mean. And I like the way this sits on the arm with the space around it.

Done by Marco at Dublin Art Tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

This is a cover up piece (old tattoo was a skull and cross bones in my ankle with little stars on my foot) done by the lovely and patient Erin in snakebite today. 6 hours done today, going back in 3 weeks to get the skull finished.

20110822233113.jpg

howehye? how was the swelling?

this is Erin, btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

howehye? how was the swelling?

this is Erin, btw

Hi Erin
    Did you work in a tattoo shop in Arklow a couple yrs ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

that tat is SAVAGE - must post all mine up tomorrow when i hire the mother to take pics!

cc and erin that tat is FAB i am skull mad. have one massive one on my leg and want more (that isn't the only tat i have but the only skull)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement