Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What pub to watch the <any sport> match in?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Wasnt having a go at you Biko, you're a great mod, its just generally Boards policy that annoys sometimes, suppose it'd be worse if the lunatics were running wild but I do think its too strict especially in a quite little culchie board like ours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Thargor wrote: »
    Wasnt having a go at you Biko, you're a great mod, its just generally Boards policy that annoys sometimes, suppose it'd be worse if the lunatics were running wild but I do think its too strict especially in a quite little culchie board like ours :D
    No doubt I'm stating the obvious but if you've a problem with a post, thread or forum or whatever, contact the mods or cat mods of that forum and let them know. There's no point giving out about it in a post which may never get read by someone who can do something about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Heading to Galway today for the weekend so can you please recommend a sports bar/decent pub to watch the soccer and rugby tomorrow? City centre preferable.

Thanks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

What team do you support?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Fagans Sports Bar in Eyre Square....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭jonnygiles

The living room in Galway used to be a brilliant spot for football matches, remember watching the United Chelsea Champions League final there good times :D, change of ownership has turned it into a more traditional pub no TV in sight there now :eek:. Fagans Bar is the best place to go alright, have matches available for 3D so id recommend there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

jonnygiles wrote: »
    The living room in Galway used to be a brilliant spot for football matches, remember watching the United Chelsea Champions League final there good times :D, change of ownership has turned it into a more traditional pub no TV in sight there now :eek:. Fagans Bar is the best place to go alright, have matches available for 3D so id recommend there

Kellys didn't change ownership before it changed...The owner changed it and then was killed in a car accident. I do believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Kellys didn't change ownership before it changed...The owner changed it and then was killed in a car accident. I do believe.

Yup 100% right, David Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭dapto1

Monroes is good for the football, Salt House around the corner for the rugby.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Do Kellys not have TV's anymore? the last time I watched a match in there they had 4 tv's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,683 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

tonc76 wrote: »
    Heading to Galway today for the weekend so can you please recommend a sports bar/decent pub to watch the soccer and rugby tomorrow? City centre preferable.

Thanks

Rugby: the Salthouse.

(I've no idea if they have a TV or not, but it's always better to hang out with winners ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Thanks for all the replies folks.

Will give Monroe's and the Salt House a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Mactard wrote: »
    Do Kellys not have TV's anymore? the last time I watched a match in there they had 4 tv's

Haven't been in there in a while but I'm pretty sure they do still have TVs and show matches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

KevR wrote: »
    Haven't been in there in a while but I'm pretty sure they do still have TVs and show matches

Yep they do, they have a big screen both up and downstairs for matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭citycentre

Kellys have two big screens downstairs and the usual TVs up behind the bars. Now and again for really big games they open upstairs as well which has a massive screen up on the stage. Was in for the Rugby yesterday, place was full and there was a great atmosphere despite the result...
    Hard to beat O'Connells for the rugby as well but it's always a bit uncomfortably packed and always feels like you are blocking someones view of the screen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Just wondering can anyone reccomend the best place in town to watch Utd/Chelsea? Is there any "United pubs" as such?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Predalien

Kelly's is the United pub in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

Fibber Magees is the pub where the supporters club go as far as I know.

They have free finger food at half time, all pints €3.50 during the game too! Big screen upstairs and altogether about 6 plasmas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Fagan's

Plenty of TV's

will be in 3D too

finger food at half time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

So atmosphere wise where would ye reccomend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 sligovec

A Sligonian going to be in Galway this week looking for a pub in Galway that will be showing the Sligo Rovers European Tie. A select few in Sligo are, so just chancing my arm. Cheers;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

sligovec wrote: »
    A Sligonian going to be in Galway this week looking for a pub in Galway that will be showing the Sligo Rovers European Tie. A select few in Sligo are, so just chancing my arm. Cheers;)

I'm sure if you go into fagans in eyre square they will have it on. They are a bit of a sports bar and have plenty of TVs around the place so could always throw it on one.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭traecy1

Is the game on rte,tv3 or setanta. If it is you should be able to find a pub showing it no problem. If it's on foreign satellite it would be pretty difficult I would think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Where is a good place to watch the Arsenal v Liverpool match on tv this Saturday? The match kicks off around noon I think. Any good pubs that maybe serve food as well as showing the match? I don't care much for drinking, I just wanna watch the footy. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 alimegs

always think kings head is a good spot, big screen and the pints and food are good to :)

Yeah the Kings Head is a great spot to watch matches in if you don't mind trying to dodge the soup n' sandwiches crowd, surly and inept bar staff, uncomfortable seats and missing part of the match if there is a band on before or after the game. Oh and watch out for the aforementioned band setting their stuff up during the game. I always enjoy that part.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Malice wrote: »
    Yeah the Kings Head is a great spot to watch matches in if you don't mind trying to dodge the soup n' sandwiches crowd, surly and inept bar staff, uncomfortable seats and missing part of the match if there is a band on before or after the game. Oh and watch out for the aforementioned band setting their stuff up during the game. I always enjoy that part.
    They have started doing lunch time music have they?? :rolleyes:

I'd say Dew Drop or An Tobar if you didnt need food, Front Door if you get a good seat or Skeff as they show them in 3d if thats your cup of tea.

be a good bacd to be setting up at 1pm on a Saturday, talk about a Victor Meldrew, I suppose you watch your matches in the G? Kings head has a good atmosphere, barring that try Fagans, comfy seats and half time finger food

They have started doing lunch time music have they?? :rolleyes:
    What's with the rolling eyes? I didn't mention what the pub has or hasn't started doing and neither did I mention lunch times.

• Advertisement

Considering the poster was looking to know where to watch the Arsenal Liverpool game this saturday at noon, I doubt a band setting up will come into the equation

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement