Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruachlan/An Grianan, Westbury, Corbally. Residents Association being setup.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

€40 to get grass cut ouch :) maybe they can't afford it.
    Must be hundreds of houses maybe if it was €5 they would pay.

€150 in my estate in newport, down from €300 and only 99 houses. Our contract says we don't have to pay until all the houses are sold which will likely not happen for years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Must be alot of lawnmowers around that could be used?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Beer Baron wrote: »
    €150 in my estate in newport, down from €300 and only 99 houses. Our contract says we don't have to pay until all the houses are sold which will likely not happen for years.

The Developer for Bruachlan/Grianan is in liquidation. Unless the residents sort it out, It won't be done.

bigpink wrote: »
    Must be alot of lawnmowers around that could be used?

Unfortunatley, that leads to public liability insurance issues, so that is why a contractor is required. And it has to be one with public liability insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭molard

fair play to the residents in an grainan who came out and cut the grass near theirs and neighbours houses.[the cul de sac on the right as u drive into an grainan] looks lovely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I've sent an email with my contact details if you need any help / advice on grasscutting / Res assoc, currently Chairperson of Residents Assoc in Corbally, happy to help if I can.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Cant see whats stopping a few people getting out there with the lawnowers,thats will show good community spirit
    Do like thay do in ths states sign a wavier form

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

It can be quite difficult for the residents to sustain the grasscutting themselves especially if there is a large area to maintain, there is usually an initial burst of enthusiasm which will eventually die off leaving one or two poor buggers cutting the grass on their own. During high season the grass will need to be cut every two weeks to keep it looking well. Getting a contractor to do it is the way to go, pay him quarterly by cheque and they will nearly all have PLI, ask for a copy of the Insurance schedule / policy.

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    It is to cut the grass for the year and kill the weeds at the kerbs, and it has to be a company with public liability insurance. The Residents Association are trying to get the best quotes possible to have the job done properly.

They are trying to get as many people from the estates involved as possible. There is an open invitation to anyone in Grianan & Bruaclan to join and help.

They are also working with Clare County Council in relation to the Council taking over control of the Estate as there are issues with Sewage and Water treatment.

And finally, working with Nama in relation to the remains of the site offices and the uncompleted houses.

Additional Information.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Bruachlan-Grianan-Residents-Association/115301655222394

bruachlangrianan@gmail.com
    what are the issues with the sewage and water? surley if they are serious clare co co would have refused planning for the large nursing home[110 bedroom] being constructed at the moment behind the church in westbury.

molard wrote: »
    what are the issues with the sewage and water? surley if they are serious clare co co would have refused planning for the large nursing home[110 bedroom] being constructed at the moment behind the church in westbury.

The pumps used to carry sewage from the Chieftain developed estates in Westbury to the Limerick Main Drainage pipe on Athlunkard bridge had stopped working. The Reciever appointed by Nama (Grant Thornton) have now appointed Walsh Environmental Ltd to inspect and maintain this system.

I don't know if something similar is being done for the McInerney developed estates pump station which sits beside the Chieftain one.

• Advertisement

glad to see that the grass is being cut. disappointed to see cathal using your site to promote himself. a resident association is normally non political.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

glad to see that the grass is being cut. disappointed to see cathal using your site to promote himself. a resident association is normally non political.

So by putting his contact details up he is using the page to promote himself? Would you rather he kept his contact details to himself? I didn't see any of our other councillors posting their details there so that you'd be able to contact them with your queries :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

L.T.P. wrote: »
    So by putting his contact details up he is using the page to promote himself? Would you rather he kept his contact details to himself? I didn't see any of our other councillors posting their details there so that you'd be able to contact them with your queries :mad:

I contacted him with a query around Westbury and am still waiting to hear back 3 months later, not that I need the answer anymore as I found out the info myself eventually.

The details of all the Clare County Councillors were on the site, as taken from the Council website. Cathal was correcting his details, as his address was different on the Council website. That post is now no longer there.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bruachlan-Grianan-Residents-Association/115301655222394#!/notes/bruachlan-grianan-residents-association/contact-details-for-the-county-councillors-for-the-area/124309110988315

cathal has being living in westbury for the last 3yrs.if not longer.during this time he has not bothered to correct his address on clare coco website.he was rejected in the local election by westbury eventho he was living in westbury.his correction puts him top of the list a position normally given to the first elected.again i would recommend that ye should be non political.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

cathal has being living in westbury for the last 3yrs.if not longer.during this time he has not bothered to correct his address on clare coco website.he was rejected in the local election by westbury eventho he was living in westbury.his correction puts him top of the list a position normally given to the first elected.again i would recommend that ye should be non political.

They are non-political they are a residents association which part of that are you finding difficult to understand?

I see that there is a sign outside westbury advertising houses for sale by a receiver.

Advertisement